News New Jumpers for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Puma just gets it right time and time again
Well, now they do.
Some of the most heinous designs forced on the Australian football public are the result of Puma trying something new.
The Hawthorn Diamond Disaster- Puma.
Collingwood Barcode Magpie - Puma.
The West Coast Ochre Dogs Breakfast Puma.
Hawthorn's non-proportioned Hawk - Puma.

How good do the black numbers look?!

Also, no outline around them.
I was never really a fan of the black numbers myself but I assume it was something a majority of supporters have wanted to return to for a while now so im glad for that reason

It's the opposite, AFL PI is just elsatinated polyester with a GPS sleeve printed on the back.
PI soccer kits have laser cut ventilation, heat bonded seams, rubber heat applied crests, undersleeve mesh etc etc.
Haha you know laser cutting is all to do with what machine the manufacturer uses right? And everything else you named is just unnecessary embellishments for aesthetics that does not lend anything to performance?

You could do all those things with a football jumper but it would increase the weight of the jumper which the players would kick up a fuss about and tackling would see every tackle end in a ripped jumper.

A soccer match shirt is not a lot different from what some AFL teams wear as a warm up shirt pre game.

Well, now they do.
Some of the most heinous designs forced on the Australian football public are the result of Puma trying something new.
The Hawthorn Diamond Disaster- Puma.
Collingwood Barcode Magpie - Puma.
The West Coast Ochre Dogs Breakfast Puma.
Hawthorn's non-proportioned Hawk - Puma.

You forgot the murder of crows away jumper too. Looked like clown vomit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're quite right, it wasn't an exhaustive list.
There's more
HOLD UP. You forgot the Piss-Lion! Also Puma
(I know it's incredibly memorable)

atKqsQrq.jpg

Haha you know laser cutting is all to do with what machine the manufacturer uses right? And everything else you named is just unnecessary embellishments for aesthetics that does not lend anything to performance?

You could do all those things with a football jumper but it would increase the weight of the jumper which the players would kick up a fuss about and tackling would see every tackle end in a ripped jumper.

A soccer match shirt is not a lot different from what some AFL teams wear as a warm up shirt pre game.

Oh yeah I totally see the intricacy of the ventilation in this shirt
england-2022-23-match-away-dri-fit-adv-football-shirt-3r6xQF.png

On AFL guernseys.

Yep.

Its summer right? Go for a run, in an AFL top in 30 degree weather and take a photo of you not sweating absolute bullets while wearing it.

On AFL guernseys.

Yep.

Its summer right? Go for a run, in an AFL top in 30 degree weather and take a photo of you not sweating absolute bullets while wearing it.
Well for a start, if I ran anywhere these days I’d tear a hamstring before I even started sweating 🤦

Applying the logos like that means when the players start sweating, the logos start sticking to the body. It’s been trialled and players hate it.

Also texturing they fabric like that takes away a lot of the performance aspects the players demand. It leads to poor fit and the overall sublimation to look cheap. As seen in the cheap low level suppliers North Melbourne has had over the years.

On AFL guernseys.

Yep.

See, you're assuming a retail AFL guernsey is the same as a Player Issued guernsey.

Which it is not.

The white collar on the 2021-22 template would have looked pretty great and a good throwback.

View attachment 1569363

Instead we get this toilet seat setup that looks a little like the BLK kits which were never worn.

2111B651_400_GM_FT__32982.1670453537.png
Haha, toilet seat setup, I can't unsee that now

Shocking design, way to ruin a jumper. Bloody asics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back