News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

North's Good Friday Guernsey for 2024
View attachment 1939743
Well there we are, on the Tuesday before the game just like last year. I like it more than last year I think, not 100% sure why they went with the Saints Crusader style bottom but it gives it that bit more blue. I wonder what the back will look like now. Full blue with a purple Port style number panel maybe?

EIGSIGUAYDT4DUAGOAISI3UD8EJJWVWIVWIVS8H29HE9BSOHDOHDAL39RJJRJEJJEKEUHDHRJRJYEUE83HRUE83JJEOWOQOWHEHEZMQMOWJEI29B2OBEIVE8BE8HA9HWIHE9WH

THEY CHOSE MINE :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

EIGSIGUAYDT4DUAGOAISI3UD8EJJWVWIVWIVS8H29HE9BSOHDOHDAL39RJJRJEJJEKEUHDHRJRJYEUE83HRUE83JJEOWOQOWHEHEZMQMOWJEI29B2OBEIVE8BE8HA9HWIHE9WH

I knew it looked familiar!

Congratulations! I’m assuming you knew some time in advance right? Kudos on keeping it under wraps as I’m sure you would’ve been very excited.

EDIT: Also a big THANK YOU for using the four stripe version of the bounding roo. I’m a little surprised they didn’t change it to the five stripes to make it more like the current clash jumper, but it’s a welcome surprise.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I’m assuming you knew some time in advance right? Kudos on keeping it under wraps as I’m sure you would’ve been very excited.

EDIT: Also a big THANK YOU for using the four stripe version of the bounding roo. I’m a little surprised they didn’t change it to the five stripes to make it more like the current clash jumper, but it’s a welcome surprise.

Ha, I picked up on the four-stripe vs five-stripe thing when I first saw it too. I don't really love the five-stripe on the bounding roo as it is currently, it looks too congested imo.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 16.23.24.png

But note how the stripes go all the way to the nose of the roo on the current bounding roo.

They also went all the way to the nose (and tail!) on the four-stripe edition, seen here in 2000.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 16.19.32.png

They also went all the way to the nose and tail on Cannavo's design.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 16.20.00.png

Yet the final Puma design eschews both of those historical precedents and lines up four stripes with neither the nose nor the tail...

Screenshot 2024-03-26 16.09.23.png

Of course, there is almost zero chance that anyone at NMFC / Puma either recognised this or even cared about it, but if we can't obsess over the minutiae then what is this board for... :)

Ha, I picked up on the four-stripe vs five-stripe thing when I first saw it too. I don't really love the five-stripe on the bounding roo as it is currently, it looks too congested imo.

View attachment 1940089

But note how the stripes go all the way to the nose of the roo on the current bounding roo.

They also went all the way to the nose (and tail!) on the four-stripe edition, seen here in 2000.

View attachment 1940086

View attachment 1940087

Yet the final Puma design eschews both of those historical precedents and lines up four stripes with neither the nose nor the tail...

View attachment 1940091

Of course, there is almost zero chance that anyone at NMFC / Puma either recognised this or even cared about it, but if we can't obsess over the minutiae then what is this board for... :)
Looks to me like they scaled down the yoke part of the design more than the kangaroo since Cannavo's original design has the stripes really big (presumably a template thing). Now that you've pointed out what's changed though I'm never gonna be able to unsee it hahaha.

View attachment 1940089

View attachment 1940086

View attachment 1940087

View attachment 1940091

Bastards! #boycottSuperClash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North's Good Friday Guernsey for 2024
View attachment 1939743

"St Kilda Crusader Guernsey..."
legend maury GIF

1711441797929.png

Just wanted to say thanks for the support everyone!

I've created a new IG page for my designs and videos, also posted about the design process behind the jumper on my first post. Get around it and thanks again :heart:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back