News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

nw9YrZ-ID66DR_UF8ohaNNK0wek=.gif

Honestly I thought we'd be wearing the stickman for Gather Round. The candy stripe is probably my all time favourite St Kilda jumper, I haven't bought a new jumper in years but if anything is going to change that it's this.

Although it does make me even sadder that we put out such a mid clash jumper when we could have utilised this more.

Looks like the back is exactly as designed, purple number panel with lime stroke

View attachment 1941684

Did North or are North going to send you out a guernsey? I noticed the player issued ones will be up for auction online after the game.

Saints have been absolutely killing it in the guernsey department these last few years!
Every one of these one-off, away and clash jumpers would be an objective upgrade to their home jumper. it's almost frustrating

lol. Check the date.

The funny thing is, it actually looks better than their usual guernsey.

I punched in gold coast on AI and got this which even looks better. The circle and gc on the front of the current home needs to be more solid and strong, the reason it looks so crap is because it looks really weak with the yellow and white on the same red background as the rest of the jumper. This is if they insist on keeping this type of design. The one below looks stronger.

Screenshot_20240401-121955_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This really has to be seen to be believed. The 2024 official Gather Round jumper, featuring a montage of all 18 teams. This is legitimate – despite being released today, on April Fools' Day – and can be purchased from Rebel for $100.

Rebel_68621101_multi_hi-res.jpg

Rebel_68621101-00_multi_hi-res.jpg

Rebel_68621101-01_multi_hi-res.jpg

This really has to be seen to be believed. The 2024 official Gather Round jumper, featuring a montage of all 18 teams. This is legitimate – despite being released today, on April Fools' Day – and can be purchased from Rebel for $100.

Hahahahaha holy Homer. I reckon they should've put the Gather Round logo in the usual league logo spot. Almost tempted to get one but I can't imagine these'll be flying off the shelf. I think I'll stick with a scarf...

From a design perspective it's obviously horrible, but that's probably the point. What's more interesting to me is how the guernsey was clearly segmented without actually considering the actual cut of the fabric (the neck, shoulders, hem, scoop, etc.).

It's sort of ironic that Gold Coast and GWS cop some of the roughest positioning as the league's newest two clubs. The Western Bulldogs appear almost like an afterthought on the back. And Adelaide and Brisbane – for so long the beneficiary of half-completed FJGD portfolio threads by virtue of being near the top alphabetically – have been relegated to the shoulders here.

More curiously, still, is the mixture of design elements used across the board. The general theme seems to be 'darkest club colour + portion of logo', but there's no consistency at all. Let's take this way past the point of its purpose and analyse the different design elements used for each club:

• Adelaide: Club colour with logo extract
  • Brisbane: Guernsey crop
  • Carlton: Club colour with full logo / guernsey crop (it actually lands in both categories)
  • Collingwood: Club colour with logo extract
  • Essendon: Club colour with logo extract
  • Fremantle: Guernsey crop
  • Geelong: Club colour and pattern with logo variation (this isn't a logo extract as the hoops are horizontal; it's more like their late 2000s clash jumper design)
  • Gold Coast: Guernsey crop
  • GWS: Club colour with logo extract (inverse)
  • Hawthorn: Club colour with logo variation (a monochrome Hawk, truly puzzling why they have removed all black from the logo)
  • North Melbourne: Club colour with alternate logo (have we ever seen this front-on Roo before?! Also, why are North listed before Melbourne?!?)
  • Melbourne: Guernsey crop
  • Port Adelaide: Club colour with logo extract
  • Richmond: Club colour with logo extract
  • St Kilda: Club colour with alternate logo (this script has been used on club merch a fair bit recently)
  • Sydney: Club colour with logo extract
  • West Coast: Club colour with logo extract
  • Western Bulldogs: Club colour with alternate logo (the prowling Bulldog, with all four legs showing)
So nine clubs are straight down the line, and the other nine clubs have something a bit funky going on.

Does anyone have that alternate North logo?

Would this be worth anything in 20 years time? Limited production run, someone on Reddit said it was only available is S,M & L. Being shat on by everyone so chances are it will be in the clearance bin soon enough.
Probably would sell out because of how s**t people think it is

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Back