News New Jumpers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

With Carlton there was a link to Ian Collins who was involved at Carlton and Docklands. Can't remember the ins and outs of it all, but that's my recollection

Carlton went to a Marvel cause they got a great deal from the CEO at the time….

“On 13 April 2006, Collins announced he would step down as president of the Carlton Football Club due to ill health and by the pressures of juggling two demanding jobs between his time as Carlton Football Club President and his time as CEO of Docklands Stadium”

With Carlton there was a link to Ian Collins who was involved at Carlton and Docklands. Can't remember the ins and outs of it all, but that's my recollection

I remember seeing many many moons ago, a publication making note of the fact COLONIAL is an anagram of IAN COLLO.

Unrelated question but why did Carlton go from Princess Park to Marvel Stadium as their home ground and not the MCG? Carlton are a bigger club than Melbourne and Hawthorn. Never really made sense to me.
I believe that the club signed the deal back when Docklands was first opened in 2000. Not sure why they chose Docklands over the MCG, maybe because it was a new and exciting state of the art stadium back then. In hindsight it was not a good decision. Ditto Essendon.

From the Gold Coast Suns guernsey thread on the Suns' forum:
Quite a few in this thread gonna be happy next year me thinks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Some members being invited to focus groups this week for a “brand refresh” but phones will be confiscated and it will include an NDA.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Please be good 🤞

Are Port wearing the PB’s for the Showdown or only for home Showdowns?
only for home showdowns. they wore their home jumper w/white shorts in their away game last year so unless somethings changed they'll be wearing that on thursday

So that’s now 3 GC red based indigenous jumpers for this year, surely an over kill. One is enough and the 2 allocated rounds is enough
Given how s**t house their regular Guernsey is, I'm all for them having as many more interesting guernseys as they can come up with.

All of the Indigenous Guernseys for all teams are looking good so far. Looking forward to seeing Port's

View attachment 1976232
Hawthorn getting closer to a clash where one never ever existed. They did this with North last week too. Bulldogs and North both have white in their guernseys.

It’s laughably stupid. Especially when they have full colour kits to compare with across the league absolutely popping off the screen each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit like when they first introduced their inverse away jumper... and wore it against Collingwood 🤦‍♂️
Or they had this weird white one with the hawk head down the side on the front about a decade ago. Quite white from the front, but full brown on the back, and wore it against Carlton, and from behind it was a clash as bad as anything we’ve ever seen, from two teams that don’t clash!
Hawthorn has this weird idea to wear away guernseys. And by wearing them they make clashes, where their home guernsey wouldn’t 🤦🏻. This is the dumbest idea in footy jumpers.

Or they had this weird white one with the hawk head down the side on the front about a decade ago. Quite white from the front, but full brown on the back, and wore it against Carlton, and from behind it was a clash as bad as anything we’ve ever seen, from two teams that don’t clash!
Hawthorn has this weird idea to wear away guernseys. And by wearing them they make clashes, where their home guernsey wouldn’t 🤦🏻. This is the dumbest idea in footy jumpers.

Hawthorn jumpers clash with themselves.

I actually think a home, away and clash precedent would be the best thing to do.

If youre away you dont ever wear your home kit, get the "traditional rivals" bullshit done with a blanket rule.

If your away creates a clash then you wear your third clash kit, id go further and say away kits should be predominantly white and clash kit needs to be a different color altogether.

I actually think a home, away and clash precedent would be the best thing to do.

If youre away you dont ever wear your home kit, get the "traditional rivals" bullshit done with a blanket rule.

If your away creates a clash then you wear your third clash kit, id go further and say away kits should be predominantly white and clash kit needs to be a different color altogether.
That would be ridiculous if you traditional jumper made the perfect match up as the away team. I rather see the traditional jumpers, where possible, on all the away teams we play.

That would be ridiculous if you traditional jumper made the perfect match up as the away team. I rather see the traditional jumpers, where possible, on all the away teams we play.
Its only ridiculous because the current solution (which i would note absolutely works in theory) is intstituted in practise so poorly.

Its why Richmond doesnt wear a clash v Carlton and Carlton wont wear its clash v Collingwood.

Breaking that traditional mindset is whats needed.

Also the light dark (home/away) thing works in every other sport.

Its only ridiculous because the current solution (which i would note absolutely works in theory) is intstituted in practise so poorly.

Its why Richmond doesnt wear a clash v Carlton and Carlton wont wear its clash v Collingwood.

Breaking that traditional mindset is whats needed.

Also the light dark (home/away) thing works in every other sport.
Home and Clash work fine - if clubs (like Carlton) are made to wear them when required (ie v Collingwood).

And shorts need to match the top - or be ok wearing white shorts as the Home side if you have a white/light home kit.

It's not rocket surgery.

Home and Clash work fine - if clubs (like Carlton) are made to wear them when required (ie v Collingwood).

And shorts need to match the top - or be ok wearing white shorts as the Home side if you have a white/light home kit.

It's not rocket surgery.
My whole point is that clubs aren’t made to wear them and that’s the issue.

If teams know they don’t get to wear their home kit when they’re away they’ll be far less reluctance to wear other stuff to eliminate the clash.

Our issue at the moment (and by our I mean some clubs and the afl) is this ridiculius attachment to “tradition” over practicality.

My whole point is that clubs aren’t made to wear them and that’s the issue.

If teams know they don’t get to wear their home kit when they’re away they’ll be far less reluctance to wear other stuff to eliminate the clash.

Our issue at the moment (and by our I mean some clubs and the afl) is this ridiculius attachment to “tradition” over practicality.
I'm 100% with you. Many aspects of the league are held back by "tradition"

It's not rocket surgery.

What’s this rocket surgery you speak of? Is that where rockets go into hospital to have their blasters repaired?

I do enjoy my rocket science though 😉

just noticed this the other night but any reason why all the teams sponsored by new balance(yes i know hawthorn have skechers as their collar sponsor) have a different sponsor to where the NB logo would be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back