Discussion Sir Doug Nicholls Round 2024 (Rds 10 & 11): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone, welcome to the Sir Doug Nicholls Round thread. After the discussion and guernsey drops took place in the New Jumpers thread as it fairly standard, I have moved everything across to its own individual thread ahead of the next fortnight's games being played.

The following links are from the AFL website; it allows you to check out all the club names, guernseys, Sherrin design, and listen along to some tunes while you do so. Enjoy.

I like this a lot, big fan of them doing a similar thing to last year where the yoke is part of the artwork rather than just being tacked on, straight lines and all. Not a lot of Indigenous jumpers have been revealed yet but I could see this being one of the better ones this year. Would love to know the story behind the design (particularly the heart).

I like this a lot, big fan of them doing a similar thing to last year where the yoke is part of the artwork rather than just being tacked on, straight lines and all. Not a lot of Indigenous jumpers have been revealed yet but I could see this being one of the better ones this year. Would love to know the story behind the design (particularly the heart).
every heart beats true for the red and the blue?

For those who missed it getting leaked 4 months ago:
View attachment 1963857
View attachment 1963858
VERY dark for the supposed clash version. Not sure who at head office ticked this one off, I’m sure it won’t clash too much with Richmond given their yellow will be different enough, but far out. It’s as if Essendon are trying their hardest to avoid wearing clash jumpers (save for their actual clash jumper).

VERY dark for the supposed clash version. Not sure who at head office ticked this one off, I’m sure it won’t clash too much with Richmond given their yellow will be different enough, but far out. It’s as if Essendon are trying their hardest to avoid wearing clash jumpers (save for their actual clash jumper).
Yeah. If probably their coolest Indigenous jumper if it wasn’t for being a poor clash jumper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is we’ll be wearing with red shorts. Will be our home game vs Carlton for the ‘Marn Grook’ game of SDN round(s), round 10.

But yeah honestly it’d still look fantastic and still work well with white shorts even though there’s rarely ever a clash that calls for it (pretty much only away vs Suns)

Round 11 one looks great, other one looks.. fine? I don't know it just doesn't look good. Think it's the GC logo being ever-present
Nah I think it's the side panels that ruin the Darwin one this time, and how the snake disappears behind them.

So that’s now 3 GC red based indigenous jumpers for this year, surely an over kill. One is enough and the 2 allocated rounds is enough

So that’s now 3 GC red based indigenous jumpers for this year, surely an over kill. One is enough and the 2 allocated rounds is enough
I can understand wanting something a bit special for Darwin. But surely round 11, an away game, is the perfect time to highlight your existing indigenous-design away strip and brag how you don't need a one-off jumper cos you already got one!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back