Media New season ... who dis? (Come fill in a questionnaire!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Section 1: Who dis
You can refer to me as: Ocha, Ochy, Ocho, Ochre, Poopoohead, whatever suits you.
My current SFA team is: Coney Island Warriors
My past alias/nicknames are: Ocha904, Ocha903..
The three (3) qooty players I want to fill this out are: Stokey Paracleet and Pamcake1

Section 2: SFA blankety blank
Don't tell anyone, but Tonga Bob is my SFA crush because he extended the invitation to join Sweet.
My SFA arch-nemesis has got to be Gralin because he's too good to be even remotely compared to.
Talking about werewolf, superhero films positively, and Manchester Cheaty is likely to get me heated.
It's boring to talk about BLANK, BLANK or BLANK in game threads. Yawn! If you're interested in something I'll hear you out within reason.
If you want to offend me, talk nonsense about my teammates.
When someone posts about their interests in my game thread I bloody love it!
When I see the Demons as our qooty opponent I tremble with fear.
I want to see alot more activity from me this season. What? Don't be egotistical? Then Freofalcon

Section 3: you're so random hey
My preferred superhero power would be: Time travel.
If I could solve one world problem, it would be: The sixth extinction.
Yes/No - do aliens exist?: The universe is unfathomably large and old, it would be obscene if there wasn't life elsewhere. Yes.
The historical figure I'd invite to dinner is: I'd rather not eat with a corpse or skelet-Ow! Wangari Maathai or Nancy Wake then.
The 'weirdest' snack I eat is: Whole tomatoes.
My most unpopular opinion is: We would be better off without billionaires.
The book that changed my views on something was: Born to Run.

Section 4: big brain stuff
The most ridiculous fact I know is: You can't hum if you hold your nose.
The best piece of advice I was ever given was: Be curious.
The most difficult thing I have self-taught or DIY'd is: Untangling myself from kelp when scuba diving.
The skill/craft I believe everyone should have is: Being able to sew a button.
If I could, I would invent: A catch-all, fail-proof factchecker algorithm.

Section 5: is this real life?
**My real-life job is: Problem solving.
I wish my real-life job was: More altruistic problem solving.
My go-to karaoke song is: All of Me - John Legend
The best place to holiday is: Wilson's Prom
The worst place to holiday is: Bangkok
The tv/movie character I am most alike to is: Samwise from LOTR (I wish).

"But Fred, why would I open myself up to that sort of targeted bullying?"
Good question @AnUltimateRessie! To that I would say, because each of us will participate in a dead match thread this year (we all play the Roys, right?) so post here and give a little of yourself, to potentially get back some thrilling banter and insults in your weekly threads.
targeted bullying is my passion

(we all play the Roys, right?)
glasshouse-stone.gif

oh ok ... I see how it is ...

View attachment 1896768

oh FFS... HERE:

You can refer to me as: Braklet, Prince Of Spaceland
My current SFA team is: Ophidian Old Boys
My past alias/nicknames are:
The three (3) qooty players I want to fill this out are: Bonz, kenneyswarriors, omgfridge .

Don't tell anyone, but Bonz is my SFA crush because his saber is so big and sharp.
My SFA arch-nemesis has got to be <nobody> because I just want everybody to have fun.
Talking about politics is likely to get me heated, particularly with people who assume "their opinions" == "natural law."
It's boring to talk about werewolf, Pokemon, and Harry Potter in game threads. Yawn!
If you want to offend me, talk about animal cruelty.
When someone posts about Adult Swim animation in my game thread I bloody love it!
When I see Bombers as our qooty opponent I buy a couple extra cases of beer.
I want to see a lot more activity from VeinGlorious this season.

My preferred superhero power would be: Teleportation
If I could solve one world problem, it would be: Eliminating social media altogether
Yes/No - do aliens exist?: Define "aliens."
The historical figure I'd invite to dinner is: My first ancestor to make it to the States.
The 'weirdest' snack I eat is: Raw taters.
My most unpopular opinion is: I like to eat raw taters.
The book/movie/doco that change my views on something was: The Fountainhead

The most ridiculous fact I know is: The Tokugawa Shogunate specifically employed all Buddhist sects to maintain control over the populace, by mandating temple registration for each person. Later, this provided a social lever for Meiji partisans to establish State Shinto as a nationalist counterbalance.
The best piece of advice I was ever given was: Stay curious.
The most difficult thing I have self-taught or DIY'd is: Linux kernel driver implementation.
The skill/craft I believe everyone should have is: Willingness to tackle unfamiliar subjects.
If I could, I would invent: Micronuke power sources for off grid home use.

**My real-life job is: Software engineer.
I wish my real-life job was: Mariner.
My go-to karaoke song is: nah
The best place to holiday is: Your mom's bed
The worst place to holiday is: Tommy's Holiday Camp
The tv/movie character I am most alike to is: Early Cuyler

** don't dox yourself please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can refer to me as: Horrie
My current SFA team is:West Coast Wonders
My past alias/nicknames are: Bloodied 52
The three (3) qooty players I want to fill this out are: Difficult as their accounts were fired into the sun. AuntyBlindEye I guess Barrybran and NaturalDisaster

Don't tell anyone, but some like Freddy wahwah are my SFA crush because they seem to fear what damage i will do them in WW. This is most odd as I am a sweet old bloke. Tis a mystery.
My SFA arch-nemeses self select and declare themselves.
Talking about Bart, Kenny, and the other Simpersons is likely to get me heated. Let alone the facile gifs and memes.
It's boring to talk about music posts, let alone listen to the pap in game threads. Boring and hurts my ears.
If you want to offend me, you will have to try hard.
When someone posts about when they first ate a fave food or drank or their Qooty exploits in my game thread I bloody love it!
When I see Demons as our qooty opponent I feel alternating waves of pity and nausea. If it is the Drags I just feel nausea.
I want to see alot more activity from Gralin and Headless this season. I only just realised Gralin had joined this august (watta word) community.

My preferred superhero powers would be: having a functioning sense of smell
If I could solve several world problems, it would be: taxing the crap out of families with more than one child, banning children from airplanes (well at least the ones I fly on), more sustainable agriculture, meat eaters to be obliged to do nose to tail, process a pig or steer every year, eat offal and read my tripe and ask for seconds.
Yes - do aliens exist?: Sure, why not. Humanity really could do with an upgrade.
The historical figures I'd invite to dinner are: Aesop, K Marx, Lenny Bruce, K Hepburn, Cleopatra, C Rampling
The 'weirdest' snack I eat is: reheated Trippa and boudin noir.
My most unpopular opinion is: lol. Impossible to choose from a vast field of unpopular opinions.
The book/movie/doco that change my views on something was: The Golden Notebook by Lessing ( initially I got concussed when then gf bounced it off my noggin with the advice “read this you bastard” and then I did and it shifted my thoughts about feminism, pacifism plus the book had a pile of other great ideas). Catch22, Canterbury Tales, The Aenead also influenced me big time as did a few of Beckett’s plays.

The most ridiculous fact I know is: Sam Beckett could have been a great fast bowler.
The best piece of advice I was ever given was: If you can’t be good be careful…
The most difficult thing I have self-taught or DIY'd is: which end of a drill to use, home dentistry.
The skill/craft I believe everyone should have is: how to catch, clean and cook fish. How to garden.
If I could, I would invent machines designed to last.

**My real-life job is: rtd but do some scribbling for a community org. Had many different jobs… lift attendant was fun, dish pig, printers labourer, stacker and wacker, cook, evil bureaucrat, academic, policy wonk and plonker.
I wish my real-life job was: second cello in a decent orchestra
My go-to karaoke song is: I had a voice smoke alarms were modelled on. Only got up twice (on same night) when as Kinky Friedman would put it, everyone had some Bob Marley climbing out of their nose. The old Velvets standard, “Waiting for my Man” and Slick’s “White Rabbit”. It was that sort of night.
The best place to holiday is: West Coast of Ireland.
The worst place to holiday is: in my brain.
The tv/movie character I am most alike to is: Giancarlo Giannini in any of his roles as a confused peasant in Wertmuller movies (I look a bit like an ancient GG) Any number of characters from Apocalypse Now. Ultimately
Dunbar, Yossarian’s mate in Catch 22.

[/QUOTE]

The three (3) qooty players I want to fill this out are: Difficult as their accounts were fired into the sun. AuntyBlindEye I guess Barrybran and NaturalDisaster

Don't tell anyone, but some like Freddy wahwah are my SFA crush because they seem to fear what damage i will do them in WW. This is most odd as I am a sweet old bloke. Tis a mystery.
Talking about Bart, Kenny, and the other Simpersons is likely to get me heated. Let alone the facile gifs and memes.
It's boring to talk about music posts, let alone listen to the pap in game threads. Boring and hurts my ears.
When someone posts about when they first ate a fave food or drank or their Qooty exploits in my game thread I bloody love it!
When I see Demons as our qooty opponent I feel alternating waves of pity and nausea. If it is the Drags I just feel nausea.
I want to see alot more activity from Gralin and Headless this season. I only just realised Gralin had joined this august (watta word) community.

If I could solve several world problems, it would be: taxing the crap out of families with more than one child, banning children from airplanes (well at least the ones I fly on), more sustainable agriculture, meat eaters to be obliged to do nose to tail, process a pig or steer every year, eat offal and read my tripe and ask for seconds.
Yes - do aliens exist?: Sure, why not. Humanity really could do with an upgrade.
The historical figures I'd invite to dinner are: Aesop, K Marx, Lenny Bruce, K Hepburn, Cleopatra, C Rampling
My most unpopular opinion is: lol. Impossible to choose from a vast field of unpopular opinions.
The book/movie/doco that change my views on something was: The Golden Notebook by Lessing ( initially I got concussed when then gf bounced it off my noggin with the advice “read this you bastard” and then I did and it shifted my thoughts about feminism, pacifism plus the book had a pile of other great ideas). Catch22, Canterbury Tales, The Aenead also influenced me big time as did a few of Beckett’s plays.

The most ridiculous fact I know is: Sam Beckett could have been a great fast bowler.
The most difficult thing I have self-taught or DIY'd is: which end of a drill to use, home dentistry.
The skill/craft I believe everyone should have is: how to catch, clean and cook fish. How to garden.

**My real-life job is: rtd but do some scribbling for a community org. Had many different jobs… lift attendant was fun, dish pig, printers labourer, stacker and wacker, cook, evil bureaucrat, academic, policy wonk and plonker.
My go-to karaoke song is: I had a voice smoke alarms were modelled on. Only got up twice (on same night) when as Kinky Friedman would put it, everyone had some Bob Marley climbing out of their nose. The old Velvets standard, “Waiting for my Man” and Slick’s “White Rabbit”. It was that sort of night.
The tv/movie character I am most alike to is: Giancarlo Giannini in any of his roles as a confused peasant in Wertmuller movies (I look a bit like an ancient GG) Any number of characters from Apocalypse Now. Ultimately

New phone. Who dis?

775003.jpg

Alright, I'll bite:

You can refer to me as: Crypt
My current SFA team is: Furies after being traded.
My past alias/nicknames are: Crypto, Crypto, campaigner
The three (3) qooty players I want to fill this out are: I will enjoy and learn from all responses.

I have no SFA crush but look forward to seeing the lighter side of Gralin
My SFA arch-nemesis has got to be the Ophidian Old Boys being my old club.
Talking in positive terms about Donald Trump is likely to piss me off.
It's boring to talk about anything serious in the game threads. Yawn.
If you want to offend me, tak about Ross Lyon being a good coach.
When someone posts about BLANK I can relate to in my game thread I bloody love it!
When I see the BOMBERS as our qooty opponent I am triggered.
I want to see alot more activity from myself this season. I did literally SFA last season.

My preferred superhero power would be: the ability to fly
If I could solve one world problem, it would be: eliminate the world of Taylor Swift music.
Yes/No - do aliens exist?: Probably not but we are a mere speck in the universe so I am not ruling it out.
The historical figure I'd invite to dinner is: John McEnroe or Jerry Sadowitz
The 'weirdest' snack I eat is: beef jerky.
My most unpopular opinion is: people should have at least a decent understanding of the economy and politics before being allowed to vote.
The book/movie/doco that change my views on something was: Fast Food Nation.

The most ridiculous fact I know is: Sean's Bar in Athlone is over 1000 years old and is Ireland's oldest pub.
The best piece of advice I was ever given was: never discount your own opinion.
The most difficult thing I have self-taught or DIY'd is: I taught myself to ski. Then I had lessons later that have somewhat ironed out the dozens of mistakes I had taught myself.
The skill/craft I believe everyone should have is: basic financial literacy.
If I could, I would invent: a cure for MND.

My real-life job is: Sales Manager (in the FMCG industry)
I wish my real-life job was: professional poker player.
My go-to karaoke song is: the only karaoke song I ever performed was White Wedding by Billy Idol. I'm one and done as don't like being the centre of attention.
The best place to holiday is: Anywhere where there is a lot of snow and very few people. Eastern Europe too.
The worst place to holiday is: Gent, Belgium...the most overrated place I have ever visited.
The tv/movie character I am most alike to is: Josh Lyman from the West Wing.

Last edited:
I choose to answer this seriously

You can refer to me as: Goose
My current SFA team is: Gumbies
My past alias/nicknames are: No former aliases
The three (3) qooty players I want to fill this out are: Chat Pile (the great enigma) not sure who else

Don't tell anyone, but is my SFA crush because Falconista .
My SFA arch-nemesis has got to be Footypie32 because he called me out, and Ive always wanted an arch nemesis, every Superman needs a Lex Luther.
The implication that people get what they deserve and we shouldn't help those less fortunate is likely to get me heated. The world is not fair and we don't get equal opportunities or have equal ability. For those who are successful be thankful and help others where you can.
It's boring to talk about the level of activity in game threads. Yawn! Post counts are a horrible measure.
If you want to offend me, nothing really offends me personally (not much anyway), but I hate when people show a lack of empathy to those with different sensitivities. If you inadvertently offend someone, apologize and move on and remember for next time.
When someone posts about something they are passionate about, especially if it is foreign to me, in my game thread I bloody love it!
When I see furies as our qooty opponent I reminisce about the days the omgfridge was a Gumby, like he should still be.
I want to see alot more activity from CatToTheFuture this season.

My preferred superhero power would be: The ability to understand others
If I could solve one world problem, it would be: poverty
Yes/No - do aliens exist?: It is arrogant to think that in the vastness of the universe that we are the only intelligent lifeform.
The historical figure I'd invite to dinner is: Oscar Wilde
The 'weirdest' snack I eat is: Nothing overly weird, on a trail run I've eaten things like pickles and cold hard boiled eggs, but nothing weird
My most unpopular opinion is: Democracy doesn't really work. Most people on most subjects dont have the expertise to make an informed decision.
The book/movie/doco that change my views on something was: lots! Funnily enough the thing that changed my thinking most was a teacher of "youth at risk" telling his life story as if he was describing two separate kids one outlining the his strengths and positive parts of his environment, the other the reverse. He went on to explain that although his was more extreme than most, all of us have strengths and weaknesses and opportunities and challenges. We need to understand that and adjust our perspectives continually as is required at any given point in time. it has literally changed how i think and interact with people all the time.

The most ridiculous fact I know is: I know lots of nonsense. I think it is interesting that the internet was first publicly presented in Australia at Expo 88
The best piece of advice I was ever given was: Act as if what you do will be on the front page of the paper tomorrow
The most difficult thing I have self-taught or DIY'd is: In invented a Rugby drill that is used in lots of professional rugby programs around the world, its actually called "Goose's drill" some rugby players may know it.
The skill/craft I believe everyone should have is: cook.
If I could, I would invent: Im not overly imaginative, but would like to invent something that improves our health

**My real-life job is: Financial Planner
I wish my real-life job was: I've worked in Football (both Rugby codes) in lots of roles and often miss it, but truthfully love my current job and probably wouldn't change.
My go-to karaoke song is: I touch myself
The best place to holiday is: I love travel. My favourite country is Italy, fave city is Prague.
The worst place to holiday is: Im not a camper.
The tv/movie character I am most alike to is: I cant really think of anyone

Last edited:
Alright, I'll bite:

You can refer to me as: Crypt
My current SFA team is: Furies after being traded.
My past alias/nicknames are: Crypto, Crypto, campaigner
The three (3) qooty players I want to fill this out are: I will enjoy and learn from all responses.

I have no SFA crush but look forward to seeing the lighter side of Gralin
My SFA arch-nemesis has got to be the Ophidian Old Boys being my old club.
Talking in positive terms about Donald Trump is likely to piss me off.
It's boring to talk about anything serious in the game threads. Yawn.
If you want to offend me, tak about Ross Lyon being a good coach.
When someone posts about BLANK I can relate to in my game thread I bloody love it!
When I see the BOMBERS as our qooty opponent I am triggered.
I want to see alot more activity from myself this season. I did literally SFA last season.

My preferred superhero power would be: the ability to fly
If I could solve one world problem, it would be: eliminate the world of Taylor Swift music.
Yes/No - do aliens exist?: Probably not but we are a mere speck in the universe so I am not ruling it out.
The historical figure I'd invite to dinner is: John McEnroe or Jerry Sadowitz
The 'weirdest' snack I eat is: beef jerky.
My most unpopular opinion is: people should have at least a decent understanding of the economy and politics before being allowed to vote.
The book/movie/doco that change my views on something was: Fast Food Nation.

The most ridiculous fact I know is: Sean's Bar in Athlone is over 1000 years old and is Ireland's oldest pub.
The best piece of advice I was ever given was: never discount your own opinion.
The most difficult thing I have self-taught or DIY'd is: I taught myself to ski. Then I had lessons later that have somewhat ironed out the dozens of mistakes I had taught myself.
The skill/craft I believe everyone should have is: basic financial literacy.
If I could, I would invent: a cure for MND.

My real-life job is: Sales Manager (in the FMCG industry)
I wish my real-life job was: professional poker player.
My go-to karaoke song is: the only karaoke song I ever performed was White Wedding by Billy Idol. I'm one and done as don't like being the centre of attention.
The best place to holiday is: Anywhere where there is a lot of snow and very few people. Eastern Europe too.
The worst place to holiday is: Gent, Belgium...the most overrated place I have ever visited.
The tv/movie character I am most alike to is: Josh Lyman from the West Wing.
I've made about 6kgs of beef jerky at home the last few months. I'd say its an expensive hobby, but buying jerky from retail is more expensive!

Last edited:
Grand Uncle Horace favourite parts of the west coast of Ireland? I lived in Salthill, just outside of Galway for a while in the 90s.

am a Corkman myself. Hang around Ring of Beara, inc the Island and Castletownbere. But am a huge fan of Galway.

had been planning to emigrate and at end 2016 was looking at a couple of properties around Bere and Sheepshead Peninsula. A couple of health and family issues kept me here.

You can refer to me as: PhenomenalV1
My current SFA team is: Dragons FFC
My past alias/nicknames are: Phenom, PV1, Big Money Matt
The three (3) qooty players I want to fill this out are: DragoDelph, Senor M, Chipmunk

Don't tell anyone, but Bonz is my SFA crush because of those anime gifs.

My SFA arch-nemesis has got to be serial_thrilla because he keeps beating me at everything.

Talking about serial_thrilla, Watton from Star Wars, and cricket is likely to get me heated.

It's boring to talk about cricket, beer, or uncool boomer music in game threads. Yawn!

If you want to offend me, talk about serial_thrilla.

When someone posts about JRPG games in my game thread I bloody love it!

When I see DenieD as our qooty opponent I'm never sure what to expect.

I want to see alot more activity from big_icky this season.

My preferred superhero power would be: Deletion.

If I could solve one world problem, it would be: The continued existence of serial_thrilla.

Yes/No - do aliens exist?: Yes, and every supernatural figure in the Abrahamic, Dharmic, Animist, and any other historical belief system was one. No, I am not a Scientologist.

The historical figure I'd invite to dinner is: William Shakespeare, so I could blow his mind with anime.

The 'weirdest' snack I eat is: Vanilla ice cream with barbecue sauce.

My most unpopular opinion is: Radiohead are overrated.

The book/movie/doco that change my views on something was: The Gruen Transfer

The most ridiculous fact I know is: A "factoid" is an incorrect piece of information that after being passed around for a significant period of time, becomes a "fact" despite being incorrect.

The best piece of advice I was ever given was: Don't take your health for granted.

The most difficult thing I have self-taught or DIY'd is: Playing the guitar.

The skill/craft I believe everyone should have is: Critical thinking.

If I could, I would invent: A machine that erases serial_thrilla from existence.

My real-life job is: Office jerk.

I wish my real-life job was: Popular internet microcelebrity.

My go-to karaoke song is: "Live For The Moment" by Monster Magnet.

The best place to holiday is: Ireland.

The worst place to holiday is: Bondi.

The tv/movie character I am most alike to is: Most of the main cast of Community, except for Chevy Chase

One thing I’ve learned is when PhenomenalV1 calls, you must answer. I’ll fill it in soon.

Great work Frederico_WA 😊

am a Corkman myself. Hang around Ring of Beara, inc the Island and Castletownbere. But am a huge fan of Galway.

had been planning to emigrate and at end 2016 was looking at a couple of properties around Bere and Sheepshead Peninsula. A couple of health and family issues kept me here.
Juuuuuust snuck in to the lower west coast there.

Lived in Salthill, loved Doolin below Galway, and Clifden above.

Man I can't wait to get back one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back