Darkhour

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2001
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Aussies in the NBA!
Who does everyone think will be the next st kilda coach?

1. Danny Frawley

2. Stan Alves

3. Grant Thomas

4. Brian Connolly

5. Mark Harvey

What about Royal?

I would expect him to be a very, very good coach when given a chance. If Wallace was to go to Freo (which will happen over my dead body), we would snap Royal up in an instant.

Has served a five year apprenticeship under relatively successful coaches in Wallace and Daniher, is well spoken, and perhaps more importantly, understands the culture of clubs likes the Bulldogs and the Saints and knows what he has to do to improve them. You guys could do a lot worse (i.e. Tony Shaw).

Vaul,

I voted for Connolly. It's Chris, not Brian. At least you didn't call him Rohan. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Our club haven't made the best decisions in the past. This decision is crucial. While most would prefer a seasoned coach if possible, I'm comfortable with our club choosing an untried senior coach. Providing of course that he has served a large apprenticeship and have the passion to coach our club.

I've chosen Connolly mainly because of the high regard with which a lot of Hawthorn supporters have of him. Correct me if I'm wrong but he has served 6 years as an assistant coach. Hawthorn have said that they would not stand in his way if he wanted to pursue a role as a senior coach. He does seem the front runner of the untried variety, impressing all at St Kilda and looked to have the job sewn up last year before Blight was appointed.

Royal is another coach that will be under consideration. Like Connolly, has a lot of experience as an assistant and is very highly regarded.

he he.. sorry don't know where I got Brian from... :).. not too sure about Royal... I'd rather have one of the others ... I don't really find Daniher that good as a coach...

Although Harvey would be interesting.. do you think he'd instill a little winning bombers spirit into st kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back