Movie New Star Wars Movie Series by Game Of Thrones Creators

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one that doesn't want a KOTOR movie? It's such a choice heavy series of games that there's a dozen different ways it can pan out. I know LucasArts had an official cannon storyline for them, but still, it wouldn't feel right to me.

Same reason I don't want any Mass Effect trilogy media. Leave it to soar as a game.

Am I the only one that doesn't want a KOTOR movie? It's such a choice heavy series of games that there's a dozen different ways it can pan out. I know LucasArts had an official cannon storyline for them, but still, it wouldn't feel right to me.

Same reason I don't want any Mass Effect trilogy media.Leave it to soar as a game.
I would welcome anything that fixes up the terrible ending to that trilogy

Same reason I don't want any Mass Effect trilogy media. Leave it to soar as a game.
I don't think we will get a KOTOR movie.

We just want something based in the timeline of the Old Republic which spans a few thousand years.

That being said, they better not mess with the canon.

I don't think we will get a KOTOR movie.

We just want something based in the timeline of the Old Republic which spans a few thousand years.

That being said, they better not mess with the canon.

As long as RJ isn’t involved I can’t see that happening, maybe the canon stuff from the EU perhaps.

This guy speculates that this announcement is actually them replacing Rian Johnson for the new trilogy.

However, I have a feeling too, the specific wording "new star wars series"....I imagine it's not a trilogy, but perhaps these guys are now going to be in control of all future anthology movies. That's my theory.

This guy speculates that this announcement is actually them replacing Rian Johnson for the new trilogy.

However, I have a feeling too, the specific wording "new star wars series"....I imagine it's not a trilogy, but perhaps these guys are now going to be in control of all future anthology movies. That's my theory.

RJ's trilogy was announced a month ago, negotiations with Benioff and Weiss would have taken months to complete. There is no way the two would be linked, regardless of anything that happens from here on in. The idea they would announce a trilogy in December, bin it in mid January after a backlash and then sign up new creators in three weeks is silly.

RJ's trilogy was announced a month ago, negotiations with Benioff and Weiss would have taken months to complete. There is no way the two would be linked, regardless of anything that happens from here on in. The idea they would announce a trilogy in December, bin it in mid January after a backlash and then sign up new creators in three weeks is silly.

Exactly.

It's actually the other way around.

The GoT guys were always the main target. Rian is the afterthought.

Rian did his little trestmnrnt-less pitch in November(?) and KK backed him.

The backlash might be irrelevant either way. But it would be a consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disney execs:
We can have The Hound say "I'm no Jedi Knight".
"Winter is here" = Hoth revisited.

"This thing writes itself!!!"

"Bunch of Jedi campaigners."

"I'm not a Sith, just a campaigner with a very big sword"

"I understand that if any more words come pouring out of your campaigner mouth, I'm going to have to eat every ******* Porg on this plant."

Rumor is that Disney have re-thought about the new GoT Trilogy. Disney not wanting to completely abandon the Skywalker Saga, and wanting there to be some threads of tie-ins, direct/indirect, between the Sequel Trilogy and the GoT Trilogy. Firstly, it's going to feature a lot of force using, Sith and Jedi, so the odds are it's going to be set in the Old Republic era, but instead of standing apart from the SW Novology and the Sequel Trilogy in particular, it will now aim to tie in. This could be in terms of Snoke, the First Jedi Temple, the Prime Jedi.

Also, whilst GoT is incredibly popular, not a lot of people like it either, or want SW to become like that. So the creators of GoT could already be "fighting" (or at the very least being redirected on what they can do) with Disney/LF like so many directors in the KK/Disney have already.

All just a rumor for now, but it seems to make sense.

Just thinking about it now I reckon it's possible the GoT Trilogy is a Snoke Prequel trilogy.
It's rumored Snoke in Ep9 will be seen as a young man without injuries, associated with the Jedi Temple mosaic itself, the prime jedi. And so how did Snoke go from one of the first Jedi ever to being what he became in the ST? This GoT trilogy could be therefore a Snoke backstory...if not directly focused on him, at least heavily linked, thus giving that sense of continuity between the Disney era ST and their next big trilogy, the GoT one.

Essentially, to put it another way, it's almost like Disney trying to one-up the character of Anakin/Vader. The rise and fall of Evandor Snoke as the PT did for Vader.

Rumor is that Disney have re-thought about the new GoT Trilogy. Disney not wanting to completely abandon the Skywalker Saga, and wanting there to be some threads of tie-ins, direct/indirect, between the Sequel Trilogy and the GoT Trilogy. Firstly, it's going to feature a lot of force using, Sith and Jedi, so the odds are it's going to be set in the Old Republic era, but instead of standing apart from the SW Novology and the Sequel Trilogy in particular, it will now aim to tie in. This could be in terms of Snoke, the First Jedi Temple, the Prime Jedi.

Also, whilst GoT is incredibly popular, not a lot of people like it either, or want SW to become like that. So the creators of GoT could already be "fighting" (or at the very least being redirected on what they can do) with Disney/LF like so many directors in the KK/Disney have already.

All just a rumor for now, but it seems to make sense.

Don't think Star Wars fans will watch it if it's Game of Thrones but just with light sabers.

Last edited:

Disney: D&D, we love what you have done with GoT and would love you to produce the next SW series.

D&D: Ok, sure. We'll stick to what we know and inject some GoT elements into SW.

Disney: *Shocked Pikachu face*

I mean, really? By all reports, discussions have been pretty long and in depth. I'm sure Disney and D&D have a pretty clear idea of each other's expectations.

Probably becuase GOT has turned to s**t.

In your opinion.

Last I checked it was one of the highest rating, most popular shows in the world.

I'd be pretty happy with Star Wars borrowing elements from it.

In your opinion.

Last I checked it was one of the highest rating, most popular shows in the world.

I'd be pretty happy with Star Wars borrowing elements from it.
The elements from GRRM are fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back