Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

the sooner this yeat ends the better.

I just hope the team doesnt make a late surge and instill 'hope' into management for 17'and beyond. Drastic changes need to be made.

you would think that fitz,marshall,wilkerson and revis will be all gone next year

We need to trade one of Richardson or Wilkerson. Once Williams gets to his next contract he will also demand big money. We can't keep all 3 as it's too much money tied to the D-line. We need some talent on offence and tbh the secondary needs another rebuild. Revis is close to cooked and there isn't much else at CB. O-line needs some work too.

We need to trade one of Richardson or Wilkerson. Once Williams gets to his next contract he will also demand big money. We can't keep all 3 as it's too much money tied to the D-line. We need some talent on offence and tbh the secondary needs another rebuild. Revis is close to cooked and there isn't much else at CB. O-line needs some work too.
there is alot of holes to be filled. Not sure how we address them all in one off season. Really hoping we get a lottery qb

Drafting a qb 3 years in a row seems logical.... we won't be having the no.1 pick (I'm not sure of the draft class this year), we should be looking at o-line and our biggest weakness this season, our secondary

I think I'm going to enjoy the bye next week..... Bryce wasn't horrific but this just isn't a fun team to watch.
Bowles is an incredibly boring coach, and Chan is an incredibly boring offensive co-ordinator. We suck to watch I hate to admit, it also doesn't help when we keep drafting defensive players with our first round pick. We need to address some skill positions. This team would be so much more dangerous if it had a young stud WR or RB (or most desperately a QB, but I'm willing to give Petty and Hack a chance) on the roster.

Hi J.Shuttlesworth always been a fan of Fitz even with his struggles this year.

Concerned Hackenburg hasn't come on tho as Fitz won't be around next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we lose all the remaining games and get ourselves into a decent position for the draft, was actually stoked we lost to NE. I've got Marshall's name on my shirt the white strip if he leaves will be a tad sad but the team needs major changes.

Suprised Hackenburg hasn't been given a look in this season don't understand why he would not be given at least one game with four games left why not play him once see what he's got...

Thoughts on Petty?

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Bryce Pettybegan the day with a case of the yips and he ended it with a daring throw that smacked of Brett Favre, his idol. His first start as the New York Jets' No. 1 quarterback was an adventure, filled with mistakes and big plays, but it will be remembered for his toughness and gunslinger mentality.

Petty didn't claim the 2017 starting job by beating the lowly San Francisco 49ers, 23-17 in overtime, but he passed the first test of his four-game audition Sunday at Levi's Stadium. He made you want to see more, and it's been a long time since you could say that about a young Jets quarterback.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/j...then-they-werent-thanks-to-bryce-pettys-spark

The great QBs have a common trait, they win games. I'm not saying Petty will necessarily reach greatness, but he was the QB of a big comeback and OT win on the road. Would Fitz have done the same? His history of failure when the game is on the line suggests no. Petty has an arm, he just needs to tidy a few things up.

The New York Daily News reports the Jets are "all over" North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky, who is expected to declare for the 2017 NFL draft.

A fourth-year junior who started only one year for the Tar Heels, Trubisky threw for 28 touchdowns and only four interceptions in the 2016 regular season, leading UNC to a December 30 Sun Bowl date with Stanford. "The Jets are all over this kid," said a rival scout. "All over him. They'll probably deny it if you ask, but they love that kid. That's their guy. They're not going to get him though, because I think that kid is going to get over-drafted." The Jets are expected to have a top-six pick, but not in the top three, where Trubisky may ultimately go if he shines in the Sun Bowl and when NFL coaches begin grinding college tape.
Related: Jets

Source: New York Daily News
Dec 14 - 8:15 PM

Thoughts on Petty?

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Bryce Pettybegan the day with a case of the yips and he ended it with a daring throw that smacked of Brett Favre, his idol. His first start as the New York Jets' No. 1 quarterback was an adventure, filled with mistakes and big plays, but it will be remembered for his toughness and gunslinger mentality.

Petty didn't claim the 2017 starting job by beating the lowly San Francisco 49ers, 23-17 in overtime, but he passed the first test of his four-game audition Sunday at Levi's Stadium. He made you want to see more, and it's been a long time since you could say that about a young Jets quarterback.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/j...then-they-werent-thanks-to-bryce-pettys-spark

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, there's a "growing sense" that the Jets' future franchise quarterback is not on the team's current roster.

We wonder how long it took the Jets to arrive at this rather obvious conclusion. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith won't be re-signed while second-round pick Christian Hackenberg still isn't close to being game-ready. That leaves Bryce Petty, who hasn't done much to move the needle in his first two NFL starts. The Jets are reportedly interested in North Carolina junior Mitch Trubisky, who could be a first-round pick if he declares for the draft. That decision will come shortly after UNC's bowl game on December 30. Regardless, the Jets will certainly be in the market for a quarterback this offseason.

Dec 14 - 7:32 PM

The New York Daily News reports the Jets are "all over" North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky, who is expected to declare for the 2017 NFL draft.

A fourth-year junior who started only one year for the Tar Heels, Trubisky threw for 28 touchdowns and only four interceptions in the 2016 regular season, leading UNC to a December 30 Sun Bowl date with Stanford. "The Jets are all over this kid," said a rival scout. "All over him. They'll probably deny it if you ask, but they love that kid. That's their guy. They're not going to get him though, because I think that kid is going to get over-drafted." The Jets are expected to have a top-six pick, but not in the top three, where Trubisky may ultimately go if he shines in the Sun Bowl and when NFL coaches begin grinding college tape.
Related: Jets

Dec 14 - 8:15 PM
Haven't seen him yet, but that surely means Fitz and Geno are gone, and then maybe Petty? Or would they keep Petty and run with 3 inexperienced QBs and a 4th as a veteran FA?

Personally I don't think we should be going after a QB with our first pick, not until we have fully seen Petty and Hack

Haven't seen him yet, but that surely means Fitz and Geno are gone, and then maybe Petty? Or would they keep Petty and run with 3 inexperienced QBs and a 4th as a veteran FA?

Personally I don't think we should be going after a QB with our first pick, not until we have fully seen Petty and Hack
Probably petty as third string and sign another fa vet QB to backup and push newly drafted qb

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, there's a "growing sense" that the Jets' future franchise quarterback is not on the team's current roster.

We wonder how long it took the Jets to arrive at this rather obvious conclusion. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Geno Smith won't be re-signed while second-round pick Christian Hackenberg still isn't close to being game-ready. That leaves Bryce Petty, who hasn't done much to move the needle in his first two NFL starts. The Jets are reportedly interested in North Carolina junior Mitch Trubisky, who could be a first-round pick if he declares for the draft. That decision will come shortly after UNC's bowl game on December 30. Regardless, the Jets will certainly be in the market for a quarterback this offseason.

Dec 14 - 7:32 PM

I keep telling you, Manish Mehta is one of the worst beat writers in the NFL.

At this point, the Jets are in the process of evaluating Bryce Petty and are giving him the remaining three games to see what role, if any, he will play with the club in 2017.

Fitzpatrick is gone, Smith may be gone (but I actually think there's a chance he may return because at best he gets a chance to compete for a starting job elsewhere but he's more likely to be seen as a backup), so there's space for a veteran QB, but I don't think the Jets have made up their minds over Petty at this stage.

Anyone watch the 41-3 debacle? One more game to go, am keen to just cut the whole secondary now.
Brave coaching to go for that FG when you're already down 41-0. Thought that was pure face saving by Bowles.

Just another Jets wasted season.

Those hometown fans must have thick skins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back