NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

newerafitted.jpg

I bought this one a few weeks ago. Port did a great job doing these independently without our shitty logo.

This is what's on the cap, if you can't see for whatever reason. It should be our logo.
2v97wpt.png

Might grab one but looking at NewEra site for sizing (assuming they are using that sizing for these caps) I'm smack bang in the middle of the two biggest sizes available. Why the hell would you have a 3cm cap between size 8 and 7 3/4?

Bit of a let down, wouldn't be disappointed if I got that as a present but wouldn't actively go out to buy it.

On a slightly seperate note, could someone with the official AFL cases for iPhone tell me if they're rubbery or hard back?

newerafitted.jpg

I bought this one a few weeks ago. Port did a great job doing these independently without our shitty logo.

This is what's on the cap, if you can't see for whatever reason. It should be our logo.
2v97wpt.png

That looks great, I usually hate the flat brim hats because they don't fit my head as well as the baseball style. The one looks like you can curve the brim a bit and looks a good fit, not too boxy. Is that any particular model/shape? And is it flex fit or snapback?

That looks great, I usually hate the flat brim hats because they don't fit my head as well as the baseball style. The one looks like you can curve the brim a bit and looks a good fit, not too boxy. Is that any particular model/shape? And is it flex fit or snapback?
That particular one is a "59fifty", which is basically a fitted cap. It's not very flexible. But there are plenty of different sizes. The snapbacks look like this
newerasnapback.jpg

Just in case anyone is wondering, I contacted NewEra, and they said that it is up to the clubs themselves to decide if they want any additional designs (like Geelong and Port have done) and what those designs will be.

So if the generic hats don't do it for you, just contact your club and ask if they'll be getting any more designs in the club store.

That particular one is a "59fifty", which is basically a fitted cap. It's not very flexible. But there are plenty of different sizes. The snapbacks look like this
newerasnapback.jpg

Awesome, that also looks cool. Where did you find these at? I've just been having a browse and googling and so far I can't see any of those style? I can't even find the port ones you've posted already?

Awesome, that also looks cool. Where did you find these at? I've just been having a browse and googling and so far I can't see any of those style? I can't even find the port ones you've posted already?
The particular ones I posted were made by the PAFC, independently from what the AFL has done.
As Strahany has said above me, it's up to the club to make it themselves. However, the AFL have made the following:
564656_497037040323817_1433278107_n.jpg

564413_497013976992790_979671534_n.jpg

316871_497010803659774_1573009034_n.jpg

The particular ones I posted were made by the PAFC, independently from what the AFL has done.
As Strahany has said above me, it's up to the club to make it themselves. However, the AFL have made the following:
564656_497037040323817_1433278107_n.jpg

564413_497013976992790_979671534_n.jpg

316871_497010803659774_1573009034_n.jpg
Yeah I saw those ones, was just wondering if there were other styles like the Port PA one as that looks awesome. Cheers for the info mate, think the black and red fitted is my best bet at this stage!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I,m going off my planet . But gee we copy the Yanks don,t we?? Maybe our young Aussie culture(200 years) isn,t too interesting to younger people , or maybe old style Australian culture is disappearing. Now why doesn,t someone market
Australian bush hats with their teams all over it. I know its only a hat and I am finished on this subject now, but my games nearly vanished , and so,s my bloody hat.

For God,s sake' a comma is not an apostrophe!

There's a lot more coming and with some really cool heritage logo's that look way different to the current ones,

Xmas time and the start of 2013 season you'll see plenty more choices.

Would like to see a Tiges one with these logos:

Richmond-logo-1977.gif

Richmond-logo-1989.gif

Yeah I saw those ones, was just wondering if there were other styles like the Port PA one as that looks awesome. Cheers for the info mate, think the black and red fitted is my best bet at this stage!
Saints Twitter told me "Saints Locker is about to launch its own range of New Era custom caps" so I assume that means they will have others available. Should be out in the next week or so.

There will be heaps of cool limited custom ones designed by clubs (for feedback from some of their players that are big into New Era) and Kickz101 Melb & Perth stores will also have some other really cool designs and concepts (esp. for the cheer squads).

There will be heaps of cool limited custom ones designed by clubs (for feedback from some of their players that are big into New Era) and Kickz101 Melb & Perth stores will also have some other really cool designs and concepts (esp. for the cheer squads).

Got any pics?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back