Mega Thread News of the Day / Interesting Articles & Links

Remove this Banner Ad

Another shooting in USA

Washington (CNN)Rep. Steve Scalise was shot in Alexandria, Virginia, Wednesday morning, Rep. Mo Brooks told CNN.

Brooks said he was on deck at a practice for the congressional baseball team when the shooting occurred. Scalise appears to have been shot in the hip and it appears two Capitol Hill police agents were shot.
Alexandria police said earlier Wednesday they were responding to a "multiple shooting" in the city. The tweet also said the suspect is in custody.
This story is breaking and will be updated.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/14/politics/alexandria-virginia-shooting/index.html

The planning report for the Grenfell Tower refurbishement.

https://www.rbkc.gov.uk/idoxWAM/doc...lume2&contentType=application/pdf&pageCount=1

Numerous mentions of the views in and around the area, particularly from an area called the Ladbrokes Conservation Area

The plant room is also to be improved with redundant antenna and satellite dishes being removed. This will improve the appearance of the building where it meets the sky and is supported. The materials proposed will provide the building with a fresh appearance that will not be harmful to the area or views around it. Therefore subject to a condition requiring the submission of samples of the materials the appearance of the tower is considered to be in accordance with policies CL1 and CL2 of the CS

Due to its height the tower is visible from the adjacent Avondale Conservation Area to the south and the Ladbroke Conservation Area to the east. The changes to the existing tower will improve its appearance especially when viewed from the surrounding area. Therefore views into and out of the conservation areas will be improved by the proposals in accordance with 'saved' policy CD63 of the UDP

Most references to the cladding are in relation to insulation, ventilation and the appearance.

Without having the time to go through the whole report in details it is quite telling the following words are found this many times:

appearance - 17
view/s - 7
safety - 3 (none in relation to the cladding)
fire - 0

It should be noted that the Kensington and Chelsea Borough is extremely wealthy. Given it's the wealthiest area in the UK (Kensington, Chelsea, Knightbridge and Notting Hill are at the top of any 'wealthiest suburbs of UK' list) it would be one of the wealthiest in the world. I can't imagine the local residents where overly impressed with this great dirty looking big block of council flats towering from one of the corners of the borough.

Another shooting in USA

Washington (CNN)Rep. Steve Scalise was shot in Alexandria, Virginia, Wednesday morning, Rep. Mo Brooks told CNN.

Brooks said he was on deck at a practice for the congressional baseball team when the shooting occurred. Scalise appears to have been shot in the hip and it appears two Capitol Hill police agents were shot.
Alexandria police said earlier Wednesday they were responding to a "multiple shooting" in the city. The tweet also said the suspect is in custody.
This story is breaking and will be updated.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/14/politics/alexandria-virginia-shooting/index.html
At least we now know where Vineyislord has got to!

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...p/news-story/cc0c801cd1c0d051de62261be1325282

US PRESIDENT Donald Trump was the butt of Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull’s jokes during his speech at Parliament House’s Mid Winter Ball in Canberra last night, leaked audio has revealed.

Mr Turnbull appeared relaxed in the knowledge that journalists attending the annual event have an unspoken rule not to report on the shenanigans from within it.

But after a sample of his speech was later posted on Instagram and the full audio then leaked to media all bets were apparently off.

During his lighthearted speech, Mr Turnbull can be heard mocking the US President about his alleged connections to Russia, online polls and the leaders’ first official meeting in New York last month.

This building is solid concrete they said and the twin towers were mostly made from a steel structure ( Internal skeleton ) which we all know melts under intense heat.

Doesn't even have to melt - just weaken and deform under weight it normally holds.

But anyway let's not get into that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn't even have to melt - just weaken and deform under weight it normally holds.

But anyway let's not get into that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes....We won't mention the concrete floors in the WTC were a full 4 inches thick inch.....Effectively acting as a barrier for any heat distribution.

Yes....We won't mention the concrete floors in the WTC were a full 4 inches thick inch.....Effectively acting as a barrier for any heat distribution.
Yes, these floors that had no gaps... that people had to teleport through to change levels...

Not to mention the plane crashing into multiple levels...

A gay woman has been appointed prime minister of Serbia in a double first for the EU-candidate state.
Ana Brnabić, 41, a graduate of the University of Hull in England, is the Balkan nation’s first gay PM and first female PM.
Brnabić’s appointment, which comes in the same week that Leo Varadkar was formally elected as Ireland’s first gay PM, is all the more remarkable given that virulent homophobia is still widespread in the Balkans.

I didn't know this was happening, meanwhile here in OZ we are still discussing SSM.

And now Shorten's team is being accused of leaking that footage lol
Classic deflection strategy - although it has to be said it's pretty s**t of whoever leaked the footage. It's meant to be a "closed shop" with no leaks, handshake agreement between all speakers and attendees.

Why the hell would Labor leak it, it might annoy Trump but it just makes people like Mal a little more.

I don't see the issue with it, it's funny, but definitely should not have been leaked if agreements have been made. It just means next time he won't give them anything.

A knifeman has been tasered and held at gun-point outside Parliament in the UK today

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Parliament.html?ito=social-facebook_Australia

4177734100000578-4610552-image-m-14_1497608556258.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hell would Labor leak it, it might annoy Trump but it just makes people like Mal a little more.

I don't see the issue with it, it's funny, but definitely should not have been leaked if agreements have been made. It just means next time he won't give them anything.

Malcolm is merely following orders from our revered Western intel agency networks.....He also managed to drop the 'Patriots' line in this week.

You don't seriously think he has any ideas of his own now.

Didn't Laurie Oakes leak it? I thought he admitted it. I am sure I heard him on the radio saying it!

US jets shoot down Syrian jet and clashes between Saa attempting to save pilot and sdf are hotting up. Brings a new dynamic to the war as it shifts alliance preferences from Assad /Kurds to Assad /turkey, Russians just have to let turkey off thier leash and the Kurds will have to fight Is turkey and Assad and allies. Would take a massive intervention to save them.

How does this happen?

Seven crew members are missing and at least three injured after a U.S. Navy destroyer collided early on Saturday morning with a Philippine-flagged merchant vessel south of Tokyo Bay in Japan, the U.S. Navy said.

View attachment 382489
It's happened in similar circumstances to Russia in the Black Sea too, what it tells me is that if this can happen it would be unwise to have any faith in defensive missile shields.

It is amazing what one doesn't know and I didn't know this.

As
an 82-year-old Holocaust survivor and a former lawyer, Renee Rabinowitz might seem an unlikely figurehead in Israel’s culture wars.
Rabinowitz has been thrust into the spotlight over an issue that has become an increasingly familiar problem for airlines flying in and out of Israel: ultra-orthodox men who refuse to take their seats next to women, demanding changes in seating and sometimes causing delays.
I asked him what his problem was and I said I was 81. He started to tell me about about how the Torah prohibits it.
Describing the practice as “discriminatory” Israeli judge, Dana Cohen-Lekah, who heard Rabinwotz’s complaint, on Thursday ruled that “under absolutely no circumstances can a crew member ask a passenger to move from their designated seat because the adjacent passenger doesn’t want to sit next to them due to their gender”.

She didn't do it for money either, as she only received $1800.00 compensation.

Last edited:
Good on the boys, great way to protest.

2017-06-23_162507.jpg

Boys at a British high school have found a novel way around strict uniform rules banning shorts, as the country swelters through a heatwave.
Male students at Isca Academy in the south-western city of Exeter donned skirts instead of the officially mandated grey slacks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back