Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawthorn
Guys

As some of you may know, i am a football record collector, and have every hawks home and away game record, from round 1 1960 to the present day.

I also collect the night series records, from 1977 onwards, and i need just 4 more of those as follows:

1979 Hawthorn v Claremont at VFL Park - the sprinkler game
1980 West Perth v Hawthorn in Perth
1983 Hawthorn v Collingwood at VFL Park
1985 Port Adelaide v Hawthorn at Football Park

If anyone happens to have any of these at all, i would really love to hear from you.

I am always checking ebay daily, and have posted on various facebook sites as well.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you

Guys

As some of you may know, i am a football record collector, and have every hawks home and away game record, from round 1 1960 to the present day.

I also collect the night series records, from 1977 onwards, and i need just 4 more of those as follows:

1979 Hawthorn v Claremont at VFL Park - the sprinkler game
1980 West Perth v Hawthorn in Perth
1983 Hawthorn v Collingwood at VFL Park
1985 Port Adelaide v Hawthorn at Football Park

If anyone happens to have any of these at all, i would really love to hear from you.

I am always checking ebay daily, and have posted on various facebook sites as well.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you
Photos of said collection, or I don't believe you! :p

Guys

thank you

There is/was/may be still a serious pile of footy records at a stall here, if you are close to Glen Waverley. I was last there several months ago.

Waverley Antique Bazaar, best phone 9560 4284 and ask if he still has a stall there (old VFL stuff, not just records).

One question from your collection... in 1982 when did Michael Byrne start wearing #21 (ex #50). It was either R8, 9 or 10. Thanks :)

There is/was/may be still a serious pile of footy records at a stall here, if you are close to Glen Waverley. I was last there several months ago.

Waverley Antique Bazaar, best phone 9560 4284 and ask if he still has a stall there (old VFL stuff, not just records).

One question from your collection... in 1982 when did Michael Byrne start wearing #21 (ex #50). It was either R8, 9 or 10. Thanks :)

Graf

It was round 10 v Sydney in Sydney. Byrne was a very good player for us

Nine kicks and eight goals from his debut V Bulldogs in R3 ! I remember listening to that game on the radio.

Oddly enough he played R1 that season for Melbourne.

That must have been the last time a player crossed part-way through a season for us... different times indeed.

Nine kicks and eight goals from his debut V Bulldogs in R3 ! I remember listening to that game on the radio.

That must have been the last time a player crossed part-way through a season for us... different times indeed.

In 1983 we picked up Grant Fowler from Essendon mid year. He played for the Bombers against us in round 8 at princes park, and he played for us against Essendon at Windy Hill in round 19, he played for the losing team both times

In 1983 we picked up Grant Fowler from Essendon mid year. He played for the Bombers against us in round 8 at princes park, and he played for us against Essendon at Windy Hill in round 19, he played for the losing team both times

Yes, he only played one game wearing #2 that season from memory. He's one of only 5 blokes to wear that number with us since 1973 !

Yes, that is right

OK speaking of more oddities re #21, Gerald McCarthy in 1973 apparently wore #26 and then #21 (very late) in season 1973.

Huddo had returned to reclaim #26 of course. Did McCarthy wear #26 up to about R20 then switch to #21 for 2-3 games ?? Thanks again :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck mate. Would be an awesome collection to have. I'm struggling to even find results/scores for these games. But I have spent the last hour or so watching YouTube clips of old matches. That 1986 Subiaco game (with the jumper clash) had an awesome finish to it.

Yeah, note Langdon, Lamb, Keane and possibly other future Eagles. Also I recall Morris wearing #32 and Eade ? wearing #24. Good finish !

Surely 8 goals on debut is a club record? Melbourne must've been kicking themselves they had the bloke on their list a fortnight prior! insane.

All in the year Hawthorn played Essendon in the grand final – better known as the Grant Fowler Cup

Would be awesome to bring matches of AFL teams vs SANFL, WAFL, TFL clubs etc, like a mini FA Cup in the pre-season

Garf

I went to Waverley Bazaar today on way home from work, it wasnt out of my way, but no footy records. :(

Would be awesome to bring matches of AFL teams vs SANFL, WAFL, TFL clubs etc, like a mini FA Cup in the pre-season

Agreed. I had a similar thought a few years ago - the pre-season cup could come back and be expanded to 32 teams straight elimination (32 in week 1, 16 in week 2, 8 in week 3, 4 in week 4 and the grand final in week 5) with the 18 AFL sides and 14 invited teams from the state competitions. Not sure if it is even close to being possible in this day and age - but it would be interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back