Analysis No 2020 State League Games for AFL Listed Players = Diabolical

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn't we be able to have an SANFL team if they'll let the players ti be drafted old style to sanfl cubs?

Makes no sense
My understanding is it is an AFL directive.
They are concerned the part time SANFL players will not be monitored or isolated as thoroughly as the AFL club players in the coming months.
The AFL doesn't want the separate squads coming in contact with one another.
They are trying to limit the chance of possible infection by keeping contact of the AFL players to a smaller pool of players as possible.
If the AFL players were drafted to an SANFL club and a player passed on the virus then the whole AFL competition might be compromised.
This is a multi-million dollar industry and one infection could bring it to a grinding halt so they are being very proactive in trying to keep their players virus free.

My understanding is it is an AFL directive.
They are concerned the part time SANFL players will not be monitored or isolated as thoroughly as the AFL club players in the coming months.
The AFL doesn't want the separate squads coming in contact with one another.
They are trying to limit the chance of possible infection by keeping contact of the AFL players to a smaller pool of players as possible.
If the AFL players were drafted to an SANFL club and a player passed on the virus then the whole AFL competition might be compromised.
This is a multi-million dollar industry and one infection could bring it to a grinding halt so they are being very proactive in trying to keep their players virus free.
Agreed but what is the solution going forward for our developing players, players returning from long term injuries or our depth players 2021 onwards?

A National reserves Comp is desirable of course but I can't see that happening in the current financial times or anytime in the near future.

With travel restrictions and the like, it was the only way.

The question is what happens next season.

A lot of water to go under the bridge, a compromise will be found ..... SA Health probably miffed they weren't consulted by the AFL ...so they're flexing their muscles
Personally I hope SA Health stick to their guns. I really don’t want borders open to Victoria especially.

I wouldn’t want their teams coming here, nor our teams FIFO without quarantine.

We are on top of it here and I’d hate to see that compromised for a half baked, manufactured AFL season

Personally I hope SA Health stick to their guns. I really don’t want borders open to Victoria especially.

We are on top of it here and I’d hate to see that compromised for a half baked, manufactured AFL season
Victoria's fine .....just the one outbreak at the Meat Processing Plant .....82 cases now, represents 95% of all cases in the last week

Still, you can have your average coffee and garbage traffic to yourself for a while yet

:cool::cool:
No traffic over here .....until CoVid it had got to ridiculous levels ......peak hour, 20 hours a day & everywhere you had to allow an hours travel

Interesting here, McDonalds were offering Free Coffee to all "Essential Healthcare Workers" .....do you have McDonalds in Sth Aust ??

I think we should write off this season given the circumstances and play the long game and at least blood players like Butts, Hamill, Sholl, Jones, McHenry, McAdam and McPherson who've had the extra year in our system. But would the AFL see it as tanking that's the problem.

Ayce Taylor is the one I feel particularly bad for given he was plucked out of virtual obscurity into this calamitous season.

No traffic over here .....until CoVid it had got to ridiculous levels ......peak hour, 20 hours a day & everywhere you had to allow an hours travel

Interesting here, McDonalds were offering Free Coffee to all "Essential Healthcare Workers" .....do you have McDonalds in Sth Aust ??
Adelaide’s just a small country town. We haven’t discovered the joys of McDonalds yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What can I say, I’m trying to get excited, I hope it comes here soon .. I do kinda like the burgers I make though
Yeah, but a word to the wiser ....don't touch the nuggets ....do you know, in 5 years, they still won't have gone off

Man, healthy eating .....never understood why the Salad Concept never took hold of consumers ....puzzling

Given the recent decision by SA Health , so we not just move the whole club elsewhere?

Approach NT or Tassie or even places like Wagga Wagga, Albury Windonga or even Ballarat to host us until SA gives us the exemption.

That way you can organise matches against other teams more freely.

That sounds like a nice even playing field.

So the Vic teams get to stay in their homes, train at their regular venues, be with their families etc whilst we move interstate for x number of months.

Do you work for the AFL?

Yeah, but a word to the wiser ....don't touch the nuggets ....do you know, in 5 years, they still won't have gone off

Man, healthy eating .....never understood why the Salad Concept never took hold of consumers ....puzzling
The burgers are better at Hungry Jacks and even remotely healthy......but their coffee is shite...:p

I think we should write off this season given the circumstances and play the long game and at least blood players like Butts, Hamill, Sholl, Jones, McHenry, McAdam and McPherson who've had the extra year in our system. But would the AFL see it as tanking that's the problem.

Ayce Taylor is the one I feel particularly bad for given he was plucked out of virtual obscurity into this calamitous season.
This .....I hope the club uses the season as a developmental year ....makes no sense to have Hamill, Sholl, Jones, McHenry, McAdam and McPherson sitting on the sidelines twiddling their thumbs

Rotate players thru the team ...it's not about results

Given the recent decision by SA Health , so we not just move the whole club elsewhere?

Approach NT or Tassie or even places like Wagga Wagga, Albury Windonga or even Ballarat to host us until SA gives us the exemption.

That way you can organise matches against other teams more freely.
Or even Ballarat? A city with an AFL standard playing field, classed as the best surface in Victoria and just about a home ground advantage given how little other AFL clubs play here...1 1/2 hour travel time max to all Melbourne ovals.

Albury-Wadonga 3 1/2 hours travel time and Wagga Wagga 4 3/4 hours travel time?

FFS. Someone in another thread mentioned it was time to create another competition. I agree, now is the time. So we have a state (read AFL) that can't manage the virus, dictating to the other states on what they can and can't do, yet they're the worst offenders in letting the virus run rife (Cedar Dodgy Meat bros / ALP donors). Sanctions against the Crows, yet nothing against other clubs flouting their 'rules'. Time to get rid of these clowns and start a true national comp.

Or even Ballarat? A city with an AFL standard playing field, classed as the best surface in Victoria and just about a home ground advantage given how little other AFL clubs play here...1 1/2 hour travel time max to all Melbourne ovals.

Albury-Wadonga 3 1/2 hours travel time and Wagga Wagga 4 3/4 hours travel time?
The distance was more a thing to make the Vic clubs travel.

They may also be more amenable to us than Ballarat

That sounds like a nice even playing field.

So the Vic teams get to stay in their homes, train at their regular venues, be with their families etc whilst we move interstate for x number of months.

Do you work for the AFL?
Do you not read the news?

Under there rules we ain't playing home games for the foreseeable future.

The distance was more a thing to make the Vic clubs travel.
But the AFL is not going to play games in a shortened season at faraway places I'm thinking....and then there's the provision of the set ups for AFL TV coverage and the travel for the TV coverage staff and equipment, just don't see it logistically? Maybe sharing Simonds Stadium with the Cats is another option?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back