AFL Grand Final No More Excuses About Where The Grand Final Is

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic teams playing finals interstate and two will compete for the premiership in Perth.

No bullshit…..no excuses.

Work harder and be better.

#MCG

nah its easier just to blame Victorians, Umpires and the MCG.

Imagine living in Adelaide...once your footy team is out, what else do you have? the malls balls and a tram.

Il'd be a miserable campaigner too.

Its not impossible, its demonstratively unfair. Its the only final where home ground is not earned.
You've already been corrected on this false statement that it's the only final where home ground is not earned.

2019 Geelong finish 1st and have to play 4th placed Collingwood on their home ground
2017 Geelong finish 2nd and have to play 3rd placed Richmond on their home ground
2016 Swans finish 1st and have to play 4th placed GWS at ANZ stadium
2016 Geelong finish 2nd and have to play 3rd placed Hawks on their home ground
2009 Saints finish 1st and have to play 4th placed Collingwood on their home ground
2008 Saints finish 4th and have to play 8th placed Collingwood on their home ground
2007 North finish 4th and have to play 5th placed Hawks on their home ground
2007 Geelong finish 1st and have to play 6th placed Collingwood on their home ground

youve had 4 neutral grand finals dude.
The two against geelong were more neutral than hawthorn ill grant you. I did mention that in my subsequent post.

but if they were held in south australie they would have been properly neutral with both teams flying, staying away from home etc.

Good to know that admit that Hawthorn in Tassie is a neutral game....both teams flying, staying away from home etc.
Yes they have to fly but they are tenants of that ground

hawthorn play 4 games there in 2021 and have probably - if not the best then close to the best hga in the league there

nah its easier just to blame Victorians, Umpires and the MCG.

Imagine living in Adelaide...once your footy team is out, what else do you have? the malls balls and a tram.

Il'd be a miserable campaigner too.
I mean, we could be in lockdown with you guys right? How longs it been, 6 months total?

You've already been corrected on this false statement that it's the only final where home ground is not earned.

2019 Geelong finish 1st and have to play 4th placed Collingwood on their home ground
2017 Geelong finish 2nd and have to play 3rd placed Richmond on their home ground
2016 Swans finish 1st and have to play 4th placed GWS at ANZ stadium
2016 Geelong finish 2nd and have to play 3rd placed Hawks on their home ground
2009 Saints finish 1st and have to play 4th placed Collingwood on their home ground
2008 Saints finish 4th and have to play 8th placed Collingwood on their home ground
2007 North finish 4th and have to play 5th placed Hawks on their home ground
2007 Geelong finish 1st and have to play 6th placed Collingwood on their home ground

Yes, it needs to regard Geelong as a travelling side which was true of the VFL, but its now the AFL, a national comp where teams are away for days, not hours.

You well describe the nonsense around home & away in the national competition where home is a State not an oval. I remain amused with the refusal of many to consider that reality.

It is actually very unfortunate, but I wouldn't say unfair given the circumstances were outside of the AFL's control, that the highest ranked side this grand final doesn't get to host the grand final at their home ground.

If it were a totally free market I suspect that the choice of where to play the grand final would be given to the highest ranked team and they would then choose from the offers from each venue as to which best serves their members, football and financial interests. Almost always this will be the MCG.

Sometimes there might be a club that is offered a deal they can't turn down, such as the AFL throwing in $20,000,000 to have the grand final played in LA or something like that and the club just can't turn down being forever financially solvent, even bringing along 200 members on fully paid prizes.

Clubs like Adelaide, Port, WCE, Fremantle, Sydney, Brisbane, GC, Sydney and GWS would probably prefer to play their home grand final in their home state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back