No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think the AFL will use this year's experiment to make 16 minute quarters permanent? I hope not. That would just about kill it for me.

Also what's with the AFL match day website? They seem to have excelled themselves in making it user unfriendly compared to where it was a couple of years ago. Borderline unusable. Anyone know some good alternative realtime apps or websites? I've got Footy Live on my phone so I might try that in future.

Compared to a couple of years ago, it’s crap now. Trying to be too modern but it’s just trying to do too much

My mate just messaged from picking up take away pizza. Jake Stringer waiting in the queue with him and just walked off with pizzas, garlic bread, chips and coke.

To quote David Attenborough "the mighty hunter of the jungle prepares for the hunt, collecting the bait he needs to decorate the trap in order to snare his pray, the elusive school girl"

I’d quite like the heat to be on us all week to be honest.
Haha fair call, no excuses then. I feel Dunkley and Bontempelli have escaped deserved criticism for their performances this week, with most of the heat being on English and Gardner. If this was preseason, I'd be calling for Bont, Macrae and Dunkley to move aside and have Smith, McLean and Lipinski see what they can do in the middle as the main 3 mids next week.

This really can't happen again next week against Carlton, there's no excuse to lose again. No Kreuzer, no Curnow, no McKay. A midfield that is basically just Cripps, Walsh and Ed Curnow has no business beating our big 3, but based on their respective form this week I could easily see it happening

My mate just messaged from picking up take away pizza. Jake Stringer waiting in the queue with him and just walked off with pizzas, garlic bread, chips and coke.
Saw that the Essendon vs Freo match was shown on FoxSports1 in the states since no sports are being played there and that Jake was very popular. Stupid Yanks!

Not sure who'll get a Rising Star nomination this week, Georgiades and Rowell have been solid but I haven't seen any new players light it on fire.

Looking more and more like Round 2 won't happen. Government banning interstate travel unless necessary - can't really see how sport could be considered necessary.

Only fair we declare the ladder right now and assign draft picks based on that ;)

My brother's watching the Hawthorn/Brisbane match right now in central Illinois. FoxSports1 is showing a couple of matches this weekend. It's 11:30 pm last evening. He did see the Hawks play at the MCG in the first Final in 2018 when he visited me. The damn Hawks lost to Richmond. grrr...

With the imminent shut sown of all non-essential activity across the state of Victoria, I think we can just about put a line through the current AFL season, such as it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the imminent shut sown of all non-essential activity across the state of Victoria, I think we can just about put a line through the current AFL season, such as it is.
Just postponed indefinitely. AFLW cancelled altogether.

Goodbye AFL this season, doubt it comes back. Pick 2 is ours (I wish)

Just postponed indefinitely. AFLW cancelled altogether.

Goodbye AFL this season, doubt it comes back. Pick 2 is ours (I wish)

Given that this outcome was plain to see a month ago, it seems to me that the AFL have just been waiting for the government to take the fate of their ill-advised decision to start the season out of their hands.

Kysaiah Pickett, Max King, Curtis Taylor, or Mitch Georgiades will get the only Rising Star nomination for a long time.
Pickett has been real dynamic so far. Hope Weightman offers that kind of speed and pressure.

King was really poor. Both goals were essentially gifted through free kicks, and he did very little other than that. Georgiades was significantly better than King, he deserves it if any

Pickett has been real dynamic so far. Hope Weightman offers that kind of speed and pressure.

King was really poor. Both goals were essentially gifted through free kicks, and he did very little other than that. Georgiades was significantly better than King, he deserves it if any

Depending on how Pickett goes this match, my money would be on Georgiades, or Rowell.

Depending on how Pickett goes this match, my money would be on Georgiades, or Rowell.
Pickett just kicked a ripper. Looks so exciting as a player.

On an unrelated note, watching the Saints today and with our Pies game in mind, God I wish we went for Zak Jones. His speed and aggression are desperately needed in our side, even if his kicking is terrible

Round 1: Shorter Quarter (Statistical appraisal, head to head)

Richmond: 277 Disposals, D.P.G 17.31
Carlton: 302 Disposals, D.P.G 25.17

Collingwood: 352 Disposals, D.P.G 27.08
Western Bulldogs: 281 Disposals, D.P.G 56.20

Essendon: 339 Disposals, D.P.G 37.67
Fremantle: 286 Disposals, D.P.G 35.75

Sydney: 313 Disposals, D.P.G 28.45
Adelaide: 250 Disposals, D.P.G 22.73

Port Adelaide: 357 Disposals, D.P.G 35.70
Gold Coast: 296 Disposals, D.P.G 74.00

GWS Giants: 258 Disposals, D.P.G 15.18
Geelong: 274 Disposals, D.P.G 24.91

North Melbourne: 274 Disposals, D.P.G 34.25
St Kilda: 300 Disposals, D.P.G 42.86

Hawthorn: 298 Disposals, D.P.G 21.29
Brisbane: 288 Disposals, D.P.G 32.00

West Coast: 322 Disposals, D.P.G 26.83
Melbourne: 318 Disposals, D.P.G 45.43

D.P.G = Disposal Per Goal

Never a good time for stats, as MT will tell you, but what the hey isolation is the shits.

Round 1: Shorter Quarter (Statistical appraisal, head to head)

Richmond: 277 Disposals, D.P.G 17.31
Carlton: 302 Disposals, D.P.G 25.17

Collingwood: 352 Disposals, D.P.G 27.08
Western Bulldogs: 281 Disposals, D.P.G 56.20

Essendon: 339 Disposals, D.P.G 37.67
Fremantle: 286 Disposals, D.P.G 35.75

Sydney: 313 Disposals, D.P.G 28.45
Adelaide: 250 Disposals, D.P.G 22.73

Port Adelaide: 357 Disposals, D.P.G 35.70
Gold Coast: 296 Disposals, D.P.G 74.00

GWS Giants: 258 Disposals, D.P.G 15.18
Geelong: 274 Disposals, D.P.G 24.91

North Melbourne: 274 Disposals, D.P.G 34.25
St Kilda: 300 Disposals, D.P.G 42.86

Hawthorn: 298 Disposals, D.P.G 21.29
Brisbane: 288 Disposals, D.P.G 32.00

West Coast: 322 Disposals, D.P.G 26.83
Melbourne: 318 Disposals, D.P.G 45.43

D.P.G = Disposal Per Goal

Never a good time for stats, as MT will tell you, but what the hey isolation is the shits.
We're second on the DPG ladder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back