No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

No one enjoys dropping 1k+ to go see your team lose in another state. Done that WAY to many times.

I always envy those hardy souls who went and watched the elimination final against West Coast in 2016. I was so incensed we didn’t make top four, that I threatened to not see watch them from the comfy couch. Lucky I still did, and followed them up to Sydney two weeks later.

I always envy those hardy souls who went and watched the elimination final against West Coast in 2016. I was so incensed we didn’t make top four, that I threatened to not see watch them from the comfy couch. Lucky I still did, and followed them up to Sydney two weeks later.
My rellies in Perth went to it, and other rellies were in the convoy that drove up to Sydney. I nearly went... but decided my heart wouldn't take it and I'd be a jinx anyway ;)

I went up to Sydney six times during the 80s to watch us play. Some by flying; some by overnight bus. We lost every bloody game! Am I glad my 10000 mile trip to Melbourne in 2016 was worth it. Finally a travelling trip to beat the Swans paid off.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The greatest month ever, and my brother and sister were at all 4 finals. I only missed the Perth game

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was also lucky enough to see all four, will never forget the faces on the west coast supporters, just pure shock.
I'm a screenwriter and if I ever one day have enough power as Martin Scorsese, I will make a film about that finals series lol

I was also lucky enough to see all four, will never forget the faces on the west coast supporters, just pure shock.
I'm a screenwriter and if I ever one day have enough power as Martin Scorsese, I will make a film about that finals series lol
I just finished watching the last season of Sunderland Till I Die and there is a strong correlation between their long suffering supporters and us

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I went up to Sydney six times during the 80s to watch us play. Some by flying; some by overnight bus. We lost every bloody game! Am I glad my 10000 mile trip to Melbourne in 2016 was worth it. Finally a travelling trip to beat the Swans paid off.

I was living in Sydney in 99 so got to see an SCG game at the height of the Libba vs Kelly rivalry. We got flogged but I had a ball cheering for Brownlow Medallist Tony Liberatore all game. And Monty took a massive hanger in the last quarter too

I was living in Sydney in 99 so got to see an SCG game at the height of the Libba vs Kelly rivalry. We got flogged but I had a ball cheering for Brownlow Medallist Tony Liberatore all game. And Monty took a massive hanger in the last quarter too
I was there for that game too, I was 16, caught the Bus up with my Mum and my Brothers for a school holidays trip to sydney. The Aussies had just won the World Cup and we saw them at the Town hall with the Trophy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 340 million in total sunk into Pork Barrel Park, 260 million by successive state govts. Still a hole though.
The state governments have to pay that much i suppose. What else do they have to spend money on????
Plus the AFL is a non profit organisation for tax purposes, they put all thier earnings back into grass roots football dont they, so they dont have funds to put into stadiums or performance bonuses for executives. :think:

I was there for that game too, I was 16, caught the Bus up with my Mum and my Brothers for a school holidays trip to sydney. The Aussies had just won the World Cup and we saw them at the Town hall with the Trophy.
Overnight on the greyhound, next to the toilets. Didn’t get a wink of sleep, but still great memories.

Is Jesse Hogan the best and worst trade of all time?

Worst at Freo - look at the colatteral they gave up.

Best at GWS - they gave up peanuts. He has been brilliant.

As much as I hate to see Carlton win their first two games... seeing Richmond lose their first two would be absolutely maaaahhhvelous!

Tom Lynch after a year out of the game resumes where he left off by flopping onto the ground like a 3 year old having an irrational tantrum in a supermarket.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back