No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie Curnow gets a great ride from the umps. Naughton doesn’t get those.

Initiate contact. Win Coleman*.

Richo's initial reaction of "...oh" was the correct one. Before he remembered who he worked for and toed the corporate line about "Umpires being red hot on that."

What. A. Farce.

*errrr....gifted Coleman.

Good questions Fossie. Can’t answer them all now but in society generally, treating drug use as a criminal issue has never worked. All it does is clog up the justice system and create and alienate more criminals.

But the AFL doesn’t administer criminal justice. For them it is, or ought to be, getting a reasonable balance of administering a fair competition, looking after player welfare and adhering to national and international agreements on drugs in sport.

The causes of drug taking aren’t medical but some of the impacts are. So at least in part it should be a medical issue. But there are extensive legal, industrial and ethical issues to manage as well.

They would need a thread of their own to discuss fully.
I've worked closely for nearly 30 years and agree the war on drugs has failed and it needs to be looked at as a medical issue.

But I think it's taking the proverbial for the AFL to go rogue and use 'it's a medical issue' as an all encompassing defence to allow players to skirt around wada rules.

They really are a crooked bunch at Docklands.

Maybe one day North will show some of their famed ‘shinboner’ spirit (whatever the f**k that means) on Good Friday. Get flogged every year and the AFL takes the game off us 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's a disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North young guns will be elite. Great to watch, just unable to sustain it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They have some elite young mids, but aside from Larkey. Their talls especially in defence are pretty, pretty, pretty...average.

Three things are certain in life. Death, taxes, and North getting nailed on Good Friday.

Blues talls having a field day. This is what happens when you ignore KPP players and keep drafting MIDS.

Three things are certain in life. Death, taxes, and North getting nailed on Good Friday.

Blues talls having a field day. This is what happens when you ignore KPP players and keep drafting MIDS.
Surely they have to lose the privilege one year, everyone beats them.

Surely they have to lose the privilege one year, everyone beats them.
If the game isn't sold out, the AFL will probably drop the Blues next year, blaming them for North fans being in the minority like they were when they played us.

Actually, they will probably give North the wooden spooners as their opponent next year, to help them lose by one goal instead of 10, along with two first round picks for Good Friday hardship.

If the game isn't sold out, the AFL will probably drop the Blues next year, blaming them for North fans being in the minority like they were when they played us.

Actually, they will probably give North the wooden spooners as their opponent next year, to help them lose by one goal instead of 10, along with two first round picks for Good Friday hardship.
So playing themselves then?

North are a pathetic club. Going nowhere even with this elite young talent.

North are a pathetic club. Going nowhere even with this elite young talent.
I reckon half their team are round 1 picks.

Problem is, that if they do get good they're just gonna run into massive salary cap issues and have to turnover half the list for high draft picks.

Gonna be early GWS all over.
Just a revolving door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back