No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Aiden Corr is on good coin in a big, we-got-him-from GWS multi-year deal and has been a worse and worse player ever year through the course of the contract. Nobody in the footy media cares about the nuances of specific player form in a small team playing poorly, so nobody really gets that players like Corr's poor form are a big reason why they remain stuck at the bottom of the ladder. A fox footy show on Monday or Tuesday isn't going to do a big segment on one of their shows showing Corr's deficiencies or whatever so a lot of the wider neutral footy world just have no idea what's going on with that team.
Ive been banging on about this for 12 months now. If any of the so called review show ever focus a segment on norf it'll be about the excellent potential of some of their mids and utilities. And how they are playing an attacking brand of 'Clarko' footy. But they will just gloss over how poor the tall stocks are outside of Larkey. I dont see the likes of Xerri or Coleman-Jones as much more than workman like.

They remind me of some of the sides we put out in the 90's-2000's. Chock full of gun mids. But with deficiencies at both ends of the ground, and an undersized defence that is prone to getting the s**t kicked out of them by gun KPF.

They'll bump around mid table until they properly address this issue.

Second time Saints have made their debut the sub. I hate it. Last time they played Collard for the last quarter, he couldn’t get into it and then dropped him the following week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Couldn't agree more, it's a terrible look.
Collard also couldn't get into the game at vfl level last week. Can't be good for the confidence.

Second time Saints have made their debut the sub. I hate it. Last time they played Collard for the last quarter, he couldn’t get into it and then dropped him the following week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Have the debutant start off, if they end up not being able to get into it then sub them out but it's a very short list of players who can start as sub and have a big impact in a quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints pissed that away for sure. Led by a couple of goals early in the 4th, with the Bombers looking terrible. Only for the Saints to be unable to generate anything on the scoreboard in the last.

Marshall had a stinker. 14 clangers and 5 free kicks against.

'Never tear us apart' is still the cringiest thing in football.

And this comes from somebody who has watched Mark Robinson irrationally emote his way through AFL360.

Edit: Or watching the reigning Brownlow medalist do ads for Cash Converters.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back