No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Never saw that scoreline coming from the Eagles. Have always said they are not as bad as they seemed given they had the worst injury list across two years I have ever seen. Still have enough experienced players to upset a few teams.

Reid looking very good today.

On the downside, Fremantle will come out even harder next week if they get flogged this week.

Unsure if wanting Freo to have a nice easy one against WCE or for WCE to win and take points from Freo bu means we'll cop angry Freo next week
Well Freo are ******* terrible on this form, so let’s go in and brain them.

But this might not be ideal. They’ll get pummelled all week in the WA press so a bit like us this week.

Good teams win anyway. Let’s see if we’re a good team or just a flaky one.

Good to see them rise again, that one season without finals last year must’ve been brutal on their fans.

Just **** off.

They’re not good. They’re just professional.

Teams beat themselves against them, just like we did. Saints did it too, now the lions.

They don’t make mistakes and are incredibly well coached. But they don’t have much talent in the areas that matter in finals.

If Geelong win the flag this year it’ll be a massive indictment on the competition. IMO they won’t, there aren’t any great teams in this comp but there are enough half decent ones that Geelong can’t luck their way through 3-4 finals.

Teams beat themselves against them, just like we did. Saints did it too, now the lions.

They don’t make mistakes and are incredibly well coached. But they don’t have much talent in the areas that matter in finals.

If Geelong win the flag this year it’ll be a massive indictment on the competition. IMO they won’t, there aren’t any great teams in this comp but there are enough half decent ones that Geelong can’t luck their way through 3-4 finals.

Sorry mate, strong disagree.

They’re very good (as well as well structured, coached as you say)

Makes me sick admitting it, totally detest them and sick of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to poach 1 of their coaches. Edit: Nvm, that's Egan.

Sorry mate, strong disagree.

They’re very good (as well as well structured, coached as you say)

Makes me sick admitting it, totally detest them and sick of them.

I honestly don’t think they are. I just think opponents are intimidated by them and lose their minds.

They’re not a bad team - how can they be with Cameron, Dangerfield, Miers, Duncan, Stewart etc. Yet Stewart goes off at HT and they somehow get better?

They’re like a Tiger or Serena in their mid-30s. Can’t move like they used to, have lost some power/pace, but intimidate their opponents nevertheless.

A bit like the hawks in 2016, someone just needs to gather momentum and bury them.

Completely disagree. They don’t win or lose by luck. They are professional and reliable. Even on the rare occasions they play poorly it is very correctable because of how consistent they are.

F**king hate them but we could learn a lot from them. Shame there aren’t too many farms in West Footscray.

Fremantle have been good this season. Started 3-0, then lost to Cottrell’s phantom mark against Carlton and lost by 3 to Port in Adelaide. Pretty decent run, did not see them getting pantsed by West Coast.

Harley Reid is a special player and they’ve rode that momentum tonight. Should get the medal. Not sure why North couldn’t tank for one more week last season, their loss

Fremantle have been good this season. Started 3-0, then lost to Cottrell’s phantom mark against Carlton and lost by 3 to Port in Adelaide. Pretty decent run, did not see them getting pantsed by West Coast.

Harley Reid is a special player and they’ve rode that momentum tonight. Should get the medal. Not sure why North couldn’t tank for one more week last season, their loss
Norf decided to beat Wet Toast in the Harley Reid Cup

Completely disagree. They don’t win or lose by luck. They are professional and reliable. Even on the rare occasions they play poorly it is very correctable because of how consistent they are.

F**king hate them but we could learn a lot from them. Shame there aren’t too many farms in West Footscray.

I think the way I’ve put it previously might have been confusing, because I think we are vehemently agreeing.

If performance is a scale of 1-100, Geelong are 75-90. And they’re always there, they never drop no matter their playing group or coaching staff. But most other teams are 15-95 and are completely unreliable.

The problem for the cats from 2012 to 2021 was that someone alway hit 95 during September and they couldn’t cope. In any other sports around the world the same thing happens in single elimination games.

If Geelong were 21-2 at the end of this season I still wouldn’t put someone else’s money on them for the flag. They won a well- deserved flag in 2022 but imo got lucky that a too- young Swans team made it there. Their list relies on senior/older players and I can’t see how they will run a gauntlet of 3-4 teams that will have one or more of GWS, Swans, Pies, Blues.

I might be completely wrong and they romp to the flag. But if I had the money to be a bookmaker I’d be laying the cats for the flag every chance I got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back