Opinion Non-Crows AFL 4: The Centre Cannot Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Noble is a Mark Neeld level coach.

Getting smashed by 70 each week is a coaching issue. Players not putting in AFL standard effort.

For reference their current percentage is 8 percentage points lower than us in 2020.

Very, very glad we didn't choose him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting smashed by 70 each week is a coaching issue. Players not putting in AFL standard effort.

For reference their current percentage is 8 percentage points lower than us in 2020.

Yep, I know they are struggling but the coach has to show that they are on the right path. I am not even convinced they have bottomed out yet.

I'm not expert but I think bottom teams need more of the old.fashioned coaches. Less strategy and science and more a motivator and football brain.

I'm not sure Noble will survive the year, he can't if results keep going this way.

I thought Beveridge coach poorly tonight, maybe personell but he allowed Port to play the game in their terms.

I still don't think Port are playing that well. Neither their defence of forward line is good enough.

I can see them possibly winning enough to play finals but they won't go far. Non Victorian team need to finish top four to be any chance of a premiership. It's basically impossible to win four games on the road. Victorian teams have the advantage of playing away finals at their home ground.

Yep, it has to go beyond the players at this point. Not one of the players at that club is playing to possible potential, which is the biggest red flag

Not as much fanfare as Neeld as Noble is more reserved, but goddamn it’s a worrying sight for Roos fans

Yep, it has to go beyond the players at this point. Not one of the players at that club is playing to possible potential, which is the biggest red flag

Not as much fanfare as Neeld as Noble is more reserved, but goddamn it’s a worrying sight for Roos fans
A major issue is that he hadn't coached at AFL level for a decade before joining North.

They were fortunate in 2020 that we were horrid at the start of that season. New coach plus the pandemic.

We both ended up on the same number of wins but they beat us by 69 points, which given the large margin was the difference between us finishing bottom or them. If it had been say a 19 point win to them, we likely wouldn’t have finished bottom.

They have been putrid for 3 years now.

Could quite possibly be a record margin tonight for Brisbane beating WC....200 points not actually out of the question if weather is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back