Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bagging Adelaide by Tom is a load of horseshit. He said he was taken out of context and anything he did say was tongue in cheek. He went on to say he loves our club, the city of Adelaide and its people and that he had a great time here.
I feel for him. Gave good service to our club and is one of the gooduns.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hear there's a thing called fruchocs that make you feel better

Is anyone else noticing that the media has significantly ramped up hyper criticism of teams and individual players this season? Like multiple programs focusing on small snippets of play and drawing harsh and hyperbolic conclusions to generate clicks.

I know it's always existed and I understand why it exists, just feel like it's gone to an extreme level this year.
It's been 2 or 3 games and there are already wide sweeping statements about 'Club A excelling in this area, finals looking likely', 'Club B terrible in this area, can they still make finals?'... even just listening to Campo on his 5AA slot and he was comparing Port's efficient ball movement inside 50 (they have played two clubs that will finish bottom 4) versus the Crows inefficiencies. Campo even said in the same slot last week that it's hard to make too many conclusions until at least round 6.

Play the Eagles round one at AO and I'm sure the Crows midfield would look very efficient going inside 50. Heck, the Giants were good against Collingwood, but they have then played North and WC and are hard to get a read on this early.

Port could well be the better team this year, but it's impossible to make those conclusions given the quality of teams both clubs have played so far. However, the media need something to talk about so naturally they will overanalyse any issue to the nth degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back