Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread (Cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelaide have had a fairly easy draw to this point - wins over saints, blues, gold coast and bulldogs make up 4 of their wins. Richmond and Sydney were impressive though. Their draw gets harder in the second half of the year and it's worrying that it looks like a lot of their stars have recurring injuries. I'd love for them and west coast to finish top 2 - let's see how Richmond go playing an interstate prelim. Eagles v crows GF would be a dream.

I'd probably prefer a WCE - Port grand final as i'd be more certain of winning it but either way it's unlikely. One, for us to make it at this stage and two for either of them to get there. The crows due to injury and port because they just can't pull the pieces together.

hating a state? seems pretty odd, I'd bet most haven't even lived here haha
No you arsehat

The hatred towards Victorians, the people, not the state.

Anyway it’s fickle rubbish.

No you arsehat

The hatred towards Victorians, the people, not the state.

Anyway it’s fickle rubbish.
Yes, very fickle indeed.

Something I have noticed living here in Victoria for 4 years is its not reciprocated, my Victorian mates don't quite understand this "hate" they kind of just blow us off as unimportant but I definitely don't get the same hate vibes towarda us as I get from WA footy fans towards them.
Hating the majority of people in the state? Seems pretty odd, I bet most haven’t even met them all haha
Yeah hating anyone based on a sport i ludicrous imo

Yes, very fickle indeed.

Something I have noticed living here in Victoria for 4 years is its not reciprocated, my Victorian mates don't quite understand this "hate" they kind of just blow us off as unimportant but I definitely don't get the same hate vibes towarda us as I get from WA footy fans towards them.

It was probably more of a state rivalry thing last century. But I'd say it doesn't help as far as footy goes these days how Vic-centric all the national AFL media is or how the "A"FL arbitrarily decides to hold the GF in Melbourne for the next 50 odd years.

It was probably more of a state rivalry thing last century. But I'd say it doesn't help as far as footy goes these days how Vic-centric all the national AFL media is or how the "A"FL arbitrarily decides to hold the GF in Melbourne for the next 50 odd years.
It’s ludicrous buddy

Ludicrous!

I agree 100% the media is trash, no argument there. However I have some really good dialogue with close friends over here about the issues we face, most are reasonable. The MCG thing whilst is not "fair" was always going to be the case as the AFL is $$$ centric and wants as many people at the final as possible, no other solution.

Few of my vic mates pose a decent argument that we should never not make the finals based on our significant home ground advantage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree 100% the media is trash, no argument there. However I have some really good dialogue with close friends over here about the issues we face, most are reasonable. The MCG thing whilst is not "fair" was always going to be the case as the AFL is $$$ centric and wants as many people at the final as possible, no other solution.

Few of my vic mates pose a decent argument that we should never not make the finals based on our significant home ground advantage
There's no other solution now, who knows what will be happening in 2050 though? It's not the contract to play the GF at the MCg that's the problem, it's the length of it.
What's their argument, that VIC teams are s**t at travelling because they only leave the state 4 or 5 times a year so we have an unfair advantage?

Yes, very fickle indeed.

I’d say this is part of the reason

Thats all good and well but the goal is to win it not just qualify.
Agreed, are you trying to make another point mate? if you're talking about the final being at the G what's the other solution?
There's no other solution now, who knows what will be happening in 2050 though? It's not the contract to play the GF at the MCg that's the problem, it's the length of it.
What's their argument, that VIC teams are s**t at travelling because they only leave the state 4 or 5 times a year so we have an unfair advantage?
No the argument is that we should win every single home game due to the massive advantage we have playing at home where as when they play at home against another Victorian side it's not particularly a massive advantage besides the crowd which means it's more difficult to win half their games than us hypothetically

crews_1-022317.jpg

"Tell me why you hate Victorians"

Agreed, are you trying to make another point mate? if you're talking about the final being at the G what's the other solution?

No the argument is that we should win every single home game due to the massive advantage we have playing at home where as when they play at home against another Victorian side it's not particularly a massive advantage besides the crowd which means it's more difficult to win half their games than us hypothetically
What's our massive advantage though, in comparison to say Geelong going to play Adelaide at AO or Brisbane at the Gabba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back