Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread (Cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also the sooner we **** off our connection to Britain the better. Can't believe we still have a connection to them even if symbolic.

But it's because of people's British grandmas that it still won't happen for another 10-20 years. But it will happen.

I'm not a fan of moving away from a constitutional monarchy. The monarchy is even more vital now than it ever has thanks to populism taking over politics.

Just look at the instability with our federal government and the s**t show in Washington. No thanks. The head of state is better off being a non politicised position.

I'm not a fan of moving away from a constitutional monarchy. The monarchy is even more vital now than it ever has thanks to populism taking over politics.

Just look at the instability with our federal government and the s**t show in Washington. No thanks. The head of state is better off being a non politicised position.
But wtf do they actually do??

Bit boring but. Maybe we could share it around a rolling basis, Thailand, Japan, Netherlands Denmark all have stable monarchies, I mean if we are not going to have a local as head of state what does it matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if Adelaide haven't learnt anything from their last wet game.

Think Walker and McGovern out actually helps them there - no temptation to spot up a contested grab.

I love these wet weather scraps. I know other people don’t like low scoring games but if this were dry it definitely wouldn’t be as close as 15 points.

I didn’t mind the free tbh. I guess Talia didn’t have to slide. I know it’s wet but he could have stood over the ball. He ran the risk of the free.
Oh, come on. He went past Webb and Webb was the one who initiated the contact.

Oh, come on. He went past Webb and Webb was the one who initiated the contact.

Haha Webb didn’t initiate the contact. It’s a tough one because you could argue he should have gone for the ball. But as I said Talia took the risk by sliding. It’s iffy, but probably there.

Haha Webb didn’t initiate the contact. It’s a tough one because you could argue he should have gone for the ball. But as I said Talia took the risk by sliding. It’s iffy, but probably there.
Something wrong with the game (the rule at least) if that's a free kick.

Carn dajesmac you used to be cool.

Something wrong with the game (the rule at least) if that's a free kick.

Carn dajesmac you used to be cool.

If the player initiates contact then it’s an easy fix - the rule doesn’t need tweaking you just don’t pay the free when you identify that to be the case. I suspect the umpire didn’t think Webb initiated it at full speed which I think is fair enough.

Vive La France! They knew what to do with a monarchy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The British also executed their Monarch after their civil war. Unfortunately Oliver Cromwell was worse, so they kicked him out after a few years and put the former crown prince on the throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back