Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happiness never justifies immoral actions. It’d make me happy to steal your car and drive it so would you condemn me for it?

You might not agree that homosexuality is morally wrong but in a free country one is (or at least used to be) allowed to believe that.

The morality police talking about a free country never gets old :D

You stealing my car has a negative impact on my life and also goes against the so called commandments.

Two people being in a happy, consensual relationship has no impact on your life in any way.

If you don’t agree with homosexuality that’s fine, don’t enter a homosexual relationship. Don’t try stop others from doing it when it doesn’t affect you.
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So only immoral if it effects other people? Got it mate. So if I load up my computer with child pr0n that’s fine because if I have it or not it actually doesnt effect other people...so long as I don’t pay for it or promote it

Who decides what’s moral and what’s not? If it’s a free country then let’s let people believe and express what they want. If it’s not then who decides what he rules are?

So only immoral if it effects other people? Got it mate. So if I load up my computer with child pr0n that’s fine because if I have it or not it actually doesnt effect other people...so long as I don’t pay for it or promote it
Really weird comparison. Illegal vs immoral, clear difference.

Plus it's been produced, so of course it has affected other people?

Who decides what’s moral and what’s not? If it’s a free country then let’s let people believe and express what they want. If it’s not then who decides what he rules are?

You’re comparing people sharing their lives together to child pr0n? Seriously?

free_speech.png

You’re comparing people sharing their lives together to child pr0n? Seriously?

I’m making a point about your argument. Just because it doesn’t directly “effect me” doesn’t Mean I have to believe it’s morally right

Really weird comparison. Illegal vs immoral, clear difference.

Plus it's been produced, so of course it has affected other people?

Things are usually illegal because they are immoral. It was the reason gay marriage wasn’t legal until recently. Just because our legal system made it legal doesn’t mean it somehow changed the morality.

Yes child pr0n effects people but one extra person having a few videos on their computer does t directly effect anything.

People need to understand that in Australia we don't actually have freedom of speech as a constitutional right. We do however have freedom of religion.

So before anyone goes and quotes anyone or anything else. Directly quoting a religious scripture as a member of that faith is perfectly legal.

Making threats against said people and acting in a manner that counts as bullying, trolling whether that be face to face or on the internet however is against the law.

Now so people know I don't give a * either way about the folau topic however people speaking as though they are morally and ethically above everyone else based on their own opinion and anyone who disagrees with their opinion that is the popular one on social media needs to step back and have a long hard look at themselves and make sure they are perfect before they start denigrating anyone else otherwise they are just complete hypocrites.

Free speech =/= hate speech

Who is hating? Proper christians don’t hate gays. They say things out of actual concern for the well-being of others. It is easier to say nothing,but if you believe people are destined for hell due to their actions they are compelled to speak up.

Anyways I’ll leave it that, I do have no doubt that in my lifetime I’ll be jailed or similar for my beliefs but I cannot except where society is headed...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes child pr0n effects people but one extra person having a few videos on their computer does t directly effect anything.
It's that mindset that leads to the demand and hence supply of it. Poor argument.

Ehh I am wondering why we a policing likes on facebook?
Not policing anything. He can like whatever posts he wants. But if you put your opinions in the public domain(which he did by publicly agreeing with Folau's post) you open yourself up to scrutiny.
Simple as that.

Who is hating? Proper christians don’t hate gays. They say things out of actual concern for the well-being of others. It is easier to say nothing,but if you believe people are destined for hell due to their actions they are compelled to speak up.

Anyways I’ll leave it that, I do have no doubt that in my lifetime I’ll be jailed or similar for my beliefs but I cannot accept where society is headed...

Hey...that's exactly the same reason that we're compelled to call those people morons publicly....concern for the well being of others. I'm glad we sorted that out :D

It's ******* hilarious how the loudest champions of free speech always seems to be the people who don't understand what it is.

The problem with that is when those consequences are used to silence differing arguments.

"Sure you can post what you like but if I don't like it I will contact your workplace to get you fired, confront your friends and family and try to blacklist you in your industry so you find it hard to find a job."

Is that free speach?

I find that people who defend this kind of "free speach consequences" have never had a non mainsteam opinion themselves.

Its easy to speak out when you say what everyone wants to hear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back