Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im only on the Anti-Richmond bandwagon. Pies, Cats or Lions don't mind just not the Tigers.
Nah Geelong can get fkd. The media blowing their loads over Dangerfield, Ablett, Selwood and co would be unbearable

Us
Lions
Collingwood
GWS
Bulldogs
Richmond
Essendon
Geelong

My preferences

Im only on the Anti-Richmond bandwagon. Pies, Cats or Lions don't mind just not the Tigers.
Yep this.

I reckon at the point of us being knocked out ( hopefully it doesnt happen) I will prob log off BF for a month and uninstall the AFL app and focus on EPL or something I care a lot less about.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

All won flags while the RS winner got pats on back.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

This piqued my interest and because my Saturday night is a social black hole at the moment...

1997 was the first year where they released the vote totals of all candidates.

YearWinnerRunner up/sThird placeNotable absentee/s
1997Michael WilsonBlake Caracella/Stefan CareyBrad Scott (no votes)
1998Byron PickettNick StevensWarren TredreaDarren Milburn (no votes)
1999Adam GoodesBrett BurtonSimon BlackLenny Hayes (no votes)
2000Paul HaslebyAdam RamanauskasBeau McDonaldMatthew Pavlich (=7th)
2001Justin KoschitzkeDaniel KerrMark McVeighCorey Enright (no votes)
2002Nick RiewoldtChris JuddLuke HodgeJimmy Bartel (no votes), Shaun Burgoyne (4th)
2003Sam MitchellGraham PolakLuke BallBrendon Goddard (no votes), Aaron Sandilands (no votes)
2004Jared RiversAaron DaveyRichard HadleyBeau Waters (no votes), Adam Cooney (=4th)
2005Brett DeledioRyan GriffenDavid MundyLance Franklin (=9th), Jordan Lewis (=6th), Jarryd Roughead (no votes)
2006Danyle PearceAndrew RainesHeath ShawGrant Birchall (6th)
2007Joel SelwoodScott PendleburyNathan JonesShannon Hurn (5th), Robbie Gray (no votes)
2008Rhys PalmerCyril RioliTrent CotchinJack Riewoldt (no votes), Kieran Jack (no votes)
2009Daniel RichAndy OttenTayte PearsDayne Beams (4th), Stephen Hill (=5th), Patrick Dangerfield (7th)
2010Dan HanneberyTom ScullyTom RockliffNat Fyfe (7th), Dustin Martin (suspended), Nic Naitanui (=8th)
2011Dyson HeppellLuke ShueyZac SmithJack Darling (5th), Andrew Gaff (=7th)
2012Daniel TaliaJeremy CameronMitch WallisChad Wingard (no votes), Stephen Coniglio (8th)
2013Jaeger O'MearaBrad CrouchOllie WinesTom Mitchell (=4th), Brodie Grundy (=8th)
2014Lewis TaylorMarcus BontempelliLuke McDonaldJosh Kelly (=9th)
2015Jesse HoganPatrick CrippsDom SheedJordan de Goey (=9th)
2016Callum MillsCaleb DanielJacob Weitering-
2017Andrew McGrathRyan BurtonSam Powell-Pepper-
2018Jaidyn StephensonTom DoedeeAlex Witherden-
2019Sam WalshConnor RozeeSydney Stack-

I italicised who I thought ended up or will end up with the better careers out of all Rising Star nominees that year (except for 2016 onwards as I still feel it's too early to make that call).

Some observations:
- Sam Mitchell so far is the last Rising Star winner that can make a good argument for being the best out of all 22 that year.
- Hawthorn cleaned up in 2005 even if they didn't have the Rising Star top 3.
- 2004 easily one of the worst Rising Star crops since the award started. Seriously, have a look at it. Andrew Mackie was a serviceable part of the Geelong triple flags, Daniel Cross had an okay career and Cooney fluked a Brownlow, and Seaby, Butler and Waters tagged along for a flag, but outside of them it's very meh.

Polak second in 2003.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am going to reserve judgement on Richmond until they actually win away from the G
Yes, really looking forward to their game in Brissy next week. Interested to see how much a venue has a bearing on the outcome considering they will have played two games against each other back to back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back