Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion thread - 2017 edition (continued in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn Archer up on an assault charge
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-26/archer-denies-hitting-junior-football-official

This was the guy who famously said he wouldn't want his kids going to West Coast due to their bad influences.
Maybe he should try setting a better example for his kids first rather than worrying about other people.
He's on the board at North now as well according to that article. Needs to be setting a better example than that regardless of whether or not he's actually hit somebody

Parents are there to spectate and support their kid and shouldn't be running onto the field.

Archer beats up umpires, Carey sleeps with other people's wives, Ziebell is a sniper thug, Stevens makes bizarre videos with rubber chickens, Simpson is mentally soft and inept on gameday.

Culture.

Archer beats up umpires, Carey sleeps with other people's wives, Ziebell is a sniper thug, Stevens makes bizarre videos with rubber chickens, Simpson is mentally soft and inept on gameday.

Culture.

That was Adam Simpson too :oops:

Jesus, just saw that Houli incident. He ******* knocks the guy out with a really really careless elbow. He looked at the bloke, he knew where his head was, and throws a hard elbow.

That should have stayed at 4, even maybe 5, character witnesses or not. (Which were absolutely ridiculous but that's a whole other discussion)

Jesus, just saw that Houli incident. He ******* knocks the guy out with a really really careless elbow. He looked at the bloke, he knew where his head was, and throws a hard elbow.

That should have stayed at 4, even maybe 5, character witnesses or not. (Which were absolutely ridiculous but that's a whole other discussion)

Something something, Waleed/Turnbull, something something Islam religion of peace.

Nathan Burke made a great point about the Houli verdict saying that character shouldn't be taken into account as it enters into a grey area of deciding who is or isn't a good bloke. He added what happens if the same thing happens next week and the player doesn't know Malcolm Turnbull or Waleed, does he get a longer penalty

They also boxed themselves in with the Schofield case because it would have been patently ridiculous if the two actions received the same penalty

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This coaches dinner thing held at Gil's house that seems to be becoming an annual event. From my understanding 9 of the 10 Victorian based coaches attended plus Chris Fagan as the sole non-Victorian based coach.

Now I don't think it's a major thing and if it was genuinely important all coaches would attend, but it's just one of those little things about our "national" competition that irks me. The non-vic coaches aren't able to offer their opinion because they don't have the time to spend the best part of two days flying in and out of Melbourne just to go to s dinner

WA clubs/fans are particularly short changed by the imbalance that results in so much being held in Victoria and if an event is shifted (Brownlow, draft day, hall of fame dinner, etc) is to Sydney or brisvegas or occasionally Adelaide. But never Perth

Like I said not a big thing in isolation but part of a broader pattern of Victorian clubs having a natural structural advantage that rarely gets highlighted

This coaches dinner thing held at Gil's house that seems to be becoming an annual event. From my understanding 9 of the 10 Victorian based coaches attended plus Chris Fagan as the sole non-Victorian based coach.

Now I don't think it's a major thing and if it was genuinely important all coaches would attend, but it's just one of those little things about our "national" competition that irks me. The non-vic coaches aren't able to offer their opinion because they don't have the time to spend the best part of two days flying in and out of Melbourne just to go to s dinner

WA clubs/fans are particularly short changed by the imbalance that results in so much being held in Victoria and if an event is shifted (Brownlow, draft day, hall of fame dinner, etc) is to Sydney or brisvegas or occasionally Adelaide. But never Perth

Like I said not a big thing in isolation but part of a broader pattern of Victorian clubs having a natural structural advantage that rarely gets highlighted

I believe this is the point in the internet debate where a bunch of Victorians descend to tell you that a) you're imagining it, b) it's not a problem and c) if it is a problem it's just the way things are so get over it :p

It's a bit like organisations (eg. Australian National University) having a bit of a monopoly on commonwealth contracts because they're located in Canberra

Couldn't agree more. Kennedy and Gov had to travel to Melbourne for the All Australian event a week before the finals last year. Think that may have hampered our preparation for the elimination final.

Just saw the Pendlebury 250 game highlight vid on the AFL site.

Did lol when I remembered he had dreads

I can't work out if he's been underrated or overrated. Gotta love balanced players like him though

I believe this is the point in the internet debate where a bunch of Victorians descend to tell you that a) you're imagining it, b) it's not a problem and c) if it is a problem it's just the way things are so get over it :p

All good, woosha was there :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pendles is up to 250? Gee that suddenly crept up. Though Collingwood have been garbage for 4 seasons so I've barely noticed.

I love it when Vics think the GF at the MCG is still fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back