Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as this still sucks, it is out of context… the last slide in a post about grieving his father. I doubt he is really implying that WCE was an unsupportive environment, more just Port socials team puffing Port up.

Well I guess that does make sense considering Willie is never actually personally responsible for anything he says or does. ☺️

Port Media: "Hey Junior, can I ask you something?"
Rioli: "You got a lighter I can borrow?"
PM: "Sure, here you go. Anyway like I was saying, would you agree that Port is like a family and you're lucky to be here?"
Rioli: * puffs * "Awwww yeaaaah."
PM: "Thanks, Junior. All I needed."
Rioli: "You say something, bro?"

GC will always be a joke of a club until they change the jumper.

Imagine running out in that Geocities monstrosity and being asked to show pride in the jumper.

How do you make a footprint in a trying market when nobody wants to wear your merch?

It makes me irrationally angry how much money has been spent and how 'part time graphic designer from 2001' it all looks.

I honestly feel this too. It’s the exact same holding jumper and logo they had when they came in as GC17. I’m a graphic designer and it drives me mad.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

AFL Media - “Maybe The Coach should be SACKED?? We hear rumours about ‘FORMER COACH’ taking the job! Speculate!”

The Coach is sacked

AFL Media - “You can’t just SACK a bloke! That’s no way to treat a great bloke/think of his family/ he had a contract!”

North requesting to be able to prelist NGA kids.

Ryley Sanders is one of their nga kids this season, along with Jack Callinan.

As much as this still sucks, it is out of context… the last slide in a post about grieving his father. I doubt he is really implying that WCE was an unsupportive environment, more just Port socials team puffing Port up.
Yes but he should be adding a caveat to say that his former club/s were all also very supportive and familial, to avoid any of their fans getting unnecessarily but hurt.

Rioli was crucial to 2018, what happened afterwards was very s**t but I choose to remember the good. Some people just need a fresh start.
He was happy to stay while he was banned and for wce to pay for his legal representation.

Hes just a selfish campaigner.

Happy he is not wearing blue and gold.

Has any player in our history left on a more bitter note?

I was only 12 during the Judd debacle but I feel this is surpassing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd, while devastating has had nothing but good things to say about the club since he left.

He's even quoted as saying if we were an eastern states based club he wouldn't be leaving, it was purely him wanting to be in his home state.

Still has a lot to do with the club and ex players on the quiet as well.

Rioli left like a campaigner and has continued to show what an ungrateful, immature person he is.

Is he actually bitter though, or is it entirely taken out of context? Jake Waterman said before we played Port that he was still good mates with him, as were others.

Port media person - "Hey Willie, it's the anniversary of your father's death, do you feel the Port club has supported you at this difficult time?"

Junior - "Yeah it's a sad time but I'm lucky to be a club that's like a big family."

That doesn't mean he didn't feel the same way about WCE whatsoever. He's probably just talking about right now.

I understand that many of us supporters feel jaded after he left, considering what the club did for him, but he's always been a nervous interviewee and not that great with words, so it doesn't mean it's any kind of dig at WCE at all.

Judd, while devastating has had nothing but good things to say about the club since he left.

He's even quoted as saying if we were an eastern states based club he wouldn't be leaving, it was purely him wanting to be in his home state.

Rioli left like a campaigner and has continued to show what an ungrateful, immature person he is.
As someone has pointed out to me before, he was captain so to rubbish the club would be to hurt his reputation. Not that I'm saying that's the case but worth considering.

Is he actually bitter though, or is it entirely taken out of context? Jake Waterman said before we played Port that he was still good mates with him, as were others.

Port media person - "Hey Willie, it's the anniversary of your father's death, do you feel the Port club has supported you at this difficult time?"

Junior - "Yeah it's a sad time but I'm lucky to be a club that's like a big family."

That doesn't mean he didn't feel the same way about WCE whatsoever. He's probably just talking about right now.

I understand that many of us supporters feel jaded after he left, considering what the club did for him, but he's always been a nervous interviewee and not that great with words, so it doesn't mean it's any kind of dig at WCE at all.
Even if the current poster of him was taken out of context, or if he is talking about right now, it was acrimonious departure from our club.
The club put out a statement to that effect which is pretty much unheard of when a player leaves.
FWIW, I don't think it is a dig at the club.

I wouldn't use the word jaded for his departure.
Maybe angry or furious would be a better description.
It was for me anyway.

I was really annoyed when Rioli left, but now that I've seen him continue to be average in a high performing side, I don't really care. The trade was probably fair value in hindsight and I suspect Rioli is going to fade away over the next few years, as his lazy attitude catches up to him. A bit like that Fantasia bloke Port got in who Rioli effectively replaced.

The Judd trade was made a bit worse because of everything else that was going on around that time. He was always going at some point and perhaps we should have understood that more.

Rioli isn't exactly an academic and I doubt that too much thought about us went into his comments.

He was happy to stay while he was banned and for wce to pay for his legal representation.

So he should have asked for a trade while he’s banned? What team would trade him in? Or just agree to temporarily retire for 2 years, forgo his salary, then re-enter the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back