Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to the North board to read the reactions to Harley Reid during the Sunday match thinking it would be funny, but it actually just felt pretty sad. Like page after page about people who are either despondent that they won their last match of 2023 and lost their chance at him, or people arguing that they still are glad North won because otherwise they’d have a losing streak of however many matches now. Sprinkled in with some dark humour, basically “all you can do is laugh about how badly we suck.”

Just felt like reading our board last year, except that North have been bad for a lot longer, and without the many positive signs that the Eagles have had in recent weeks, not least of which is a genuine superstar-level talent to hopefully build around. Whole thing just felt depressing and left me feeling like their die-hard fans deserve some light at the end of the tunnel.

I went to the North board to read the reactions to Harley Reid during the Sunday match thinking it would be funny, but it actually just felt pretty sad. Like page after page about people who are either despondent that they won their last match of 2023 and lost their chance at him, or people arguing that they still are glad North won because otherwise they’d have a losing streak of however many matches now. Sprinkled in with some dark humour, basically “all you can do is laugh about how badly we suck.”

Just felt like reading our board last year, except that North have been bad for a lot longer, and without the many positive signs that the Eagles have had in recent weeks, not least of which is a genuine superstar-level talent to hopefully build around. Whole thing just felt depressing and left me feeling like their die-hard fans deserve some light at the end of the tunnel.

Now you have the likes of Clarko saying they need to target some established talent like Parker to help set standards, show the kids the way etc. This is after turfing their established talent to make them artificially bad, with no signs of a winning culture, then continue to pick off extra draft collateral by pushing free agents out the door.

The cherry on top was rattling the can multiple times to get PPs to help them ascend back into competitiveness after grenading their own list.

Seriously just wind them up. Send them to Tassie. It's time.

Wonder if either of the Scott twins are still interested in this clown

Of course they will be everyone deserves a fifteenth chance. 🤷‍♂️

When either of the Scott’s talk about football in general they usually makes some good and thought worthy comments.

However.

When they are discussing anything specifically related to their OWN CLUBS, they get badly inflicted with “ McGuire Syndrome “ and are so biased that it makes a mockery of what they are saying, therefore loosing any credibility.

What’s that saying:
Always look for the self interest.

They are a pair of malcontent, whinging whining, hypocritical Kent’s.

I've been saying this for years. Just because they used to be a VFL club, doesn't mean they are viable in the 21st Century.
Fold it.
Even when they were a VFL club they were one of the jokes of the competition. Low supporter base, struggled to get sponsors, struggled both on and off the field. Only won 2 premierships (1975, 77).
They were little boys in a men's competition then.

Still are, always will be.

Interesting fact...
In the combined VFL/AFL era North have won 4 minor premierships and 4 premierships, but never in the same year.

Of course they will be everyone deserves a fifteenth chance. 🤷‍♂️

When either of the Scott’s talk about football in general they usually makes some good and thought worthy comments.

However.

When they are discussing anything specifically related to their OWN CLUBS, they get badly inflicted with “ McGuire Syndrome “ and are so biased that it makes a mockery of what they are saying, therefore loosing any credibility.

What’s that saying:
Always look for the self interest.

They are a pair of malcontent, whinging whining, hypocritical Kent’s.

Thing I like about Eddie, is he is unashamedly biased.

That’s way better than veiling oneself in “it’s for the good of the game and I am font of all reasonableness”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs a sneaky chance tonight? Should be a bit of pace on the game.

Dogs currently $2.40.

Sent from my SM-A336E using Tapatalk

Bulldogs a sneaky chance tonight? Should be a bit of pace on the game.

Dogs currently $2.40.

Sent from my SM-A336E using Tapatalk
I honestly think 50 bucks on 150 mil tonight is a better bet than 20 on the doggiesbut im not tipping this year so meh.

Swans peaking so early but absolutely riddled with guns all across the field, hard to see them getting rolled.
Hope it's a non-prictorian GF.
Last three premiers have all hit top of the ladder early in the season, stayed there and won the flag. The "Premiers in May" curse has disappeared the last few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back