Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Has the point been made? In case there is doubt, 7west media favour west coast over Fremantle. The best response is probably to grow up and shrug it off. Instead.....

I dont even Hate West coast.....

I just dont care about them.

I mean back in 2016-21 when they had their fluke derby streak, they tried to get a reaction out of us. We didnt care, we knew where both WA sides were at.

Saying that, when Eagles had their drop since the start of 2022.... Again, I dont hate them, I just dont care.

The Eagles dont care about the derbies, regardless on how both WA teams are going. I dont care about the derbies either, Especially on how west coast has performed in the last 2 years.

I mean back in 2016-21 when they had their fluke derby streak, they tried to get a reaction out of us. We didnt care, we knew where both WA sides were at.

Saying that, when Eagles had their drop since the start of 2022.... Again, I dont hate them, I just dont care.

The Eagles dont care about the derbies, regardless on how both WA teams are going. I dont care about the derbies either, Especially on how west coast has performed in the last 2 years.

I care about them slightly more than most teams as we play them twice every single year.

It’s two wins if we win both games.

Outside of that they’re as irrelevant as North Melbourne atm.

I care about them slightly more than most teams as we play them twice every single year.

It’s two wins if we win both games.

Outside of that they’re as irrelevant as North Melbourne atm.
And we still lost to north. I think north will push to go up the ladder 16th-15th just dont know what team will be lower then them other then WCE.

Poor old Benny musn't have read the fine print on his Seven contract.

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 10.14.11 am.png
'Dance, monkey! Dance!'

Yeah nah, I hate them - fking big time

Poor old Benny musn't have read the fine print on his Seven contract.

View attachment 1898306
'Dance, monkey! Dance!'
Most gifted life of a White Australian ever.
Anyone remotely close to what he did with drugs over their lives are either dead, in rehab or homeless. Jobs loss, relationships gone. Incredible how he has a contract with Channel 7. Not even that much of an expert or smart analyst. He never was. All just pump the iron in the gym and run all day.
Don't see much remorse or regret with him.

Most gifted life of a White Australian ever.
Anyone remotely close to what he did with drugs over their lives are either dead, in rehab or homeless. Jobs loss, relationships gone. Incredible how he has a contract with Channel 7. Not even that much of an expert or smart analyst. He never was. All just pump the iron in the gym and run all day.
Don't see much remorse or regret with him.
I remember Ben Cousins the young gun. He was great being interviewed - smart, funny, in control, made it all look easy. Makes all the rest of his life even more of a tragedy. I tend to agree with those saying he's someone who screwed up too many times and too many people, he shouldn't be glorified now.

We would admire what you overcame if you now led a quiet life and in 20 years we heard about all your behind the scenes charity work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on him for getting it all together on his hundredth chance, God knows nobody else would've been afford as much leeway as what he was, but getting a leg up and scoring a cushy job at Channel Seven is a bit friggin rich.
If I was a junkie on the back streets of Perth I’d be livid - asking why he gets so much help and so many chances. Oh that’s right, he’s a good looking rooster, kicks a footy alright and looks at a dumbbell and puts on muscle. Great makings of a top human being.

The Cousins love-in from the media is nauseating.
Has been for some time too. I don’t recall him saying anything remotely interesting or insightful as a commentator last year too on Seven.

Good luck to Cousins.

This isn’t a Ben Cousins issue, this is about the mishandling by the Eagles of a number of their players who they couldn’t give a toss about as long as they were winning games.

The fact he came out the other side with very little help from them is a credit to him & the people who stuck by him. You’ve gotta earn an income somehow & if the same media who were happy to watch him fall are there to promote him, then he probably deserves to use them.

Good luck to Cousins.

This isn’t a Ben Cousins issue, this is about the mishandling by the Eagles of a number of their players who they couldn’t give a toss about as long as they were winning games.

The fact he came out the other side with very little help from them is a credit to him & the people who stuck by him. You’ve gotta earn an income somehow & if the same media who were happy to watch him fall are there to promote him, then he probably deserves to use them.
It’s a massive Ben Cousins issue. He didn’t want the media in his life, reporting his downfalls, yet releases a book and doco on all the wrong things he’s ever done so he can make a dollar (probably at that stage to buy more gear). As much as the media have exploited him, he’s exploited all his failings to make a dollar himself. Just needs to dissolve away.

How can you not hate the weags?

Geez suddenly this board has become some kind of weird parallel universe version of itself.
People pretending they’re indifferent or apathetic or worse - feel sorry for them are laughable and should hand in their memberships.

People pretending they’re indifferent or apathetic or worse - feel sorry for them are laughable and should hand in their memberships.
Lock them in a room with the eyes taped open and a loop playing of Gaff punching Brayshaw followed by some of the media nuffie and WC leadership comments.

Good luck to Cousins.

Ben cousins was a grown man when he was acting like a total flog during the last 20 years. Whilst the eagles as an organisation bear a portion of the blame for how it all panned out, there’s such a thing as personal responsibility and being accountable for your actions as an adult. Cousins had failed that test on many many occasions.
An ordinary member of the public would not get the repeated chances he got.
Look - I’m sure he’s not a bad fella at all deep down. But those media jobs are few and far between for AFL players and are considered plum posts that in my view ought to go to ole pole that haven’t repeatedly burned chance after chance to behave better. There is far too much rehabilitation and fawning over players who have ****ed up on multiple occasions when those jobs are being handed out. It was the same thing with Wayne Carey. Should never have been near a TV screen in recent years after some of the things he did in the 2000s.
If Cousins was a Fremantle player and acted like he did in the 2000s there is just no way he would be back on Seven right now.

I enjoy the Eagles doing poorly for two reasons:
1 - all those friends of mine suddenly want to talk football and not just give me a hard time over Fremantle
2 - all those friends of mine suffering after giving me a hard time over Fremantle

Ben Cousins and Wayne Carey have a lot of things in common. Both great footballers, good with the ladies, charming, drugsandlegalproblemsbutdontmindthat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back