Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s having a good year, lots of other rucks have been injured a lot, Like Darcy, who would your top 5-6 be?
In no particular order:
Gawn, Grundy, Jackson, Darcy, Marshall, O'Brien, Xerri and Witts are all clearly better than him in my opinion.

Some would argue English but he's awful at actually rucking.

Then you have blokes like Nankervis, Briggs and Draper who who probably still get games ahead of him.

I'm really happy to see him having some success though - he's clearly an AFL quality ruck.

How often is BT going to reel out his hobby horse of the "professional out of bounds/bounce, accentuate the tackle etc etc."?

Oh and Horne-Francis is a serial ducker.

How often is BT going to reel out his hobby horse of the "professional out of bounds/bounce, accentuate the tackle etc etc."?

Oh and Horne-Francis is a serial ducker.
Pretty much every early draft pick that's a mid or forward is a ducker now.

The AFL not cracking down on this may be what costs the game the most when it comes to CTE for mine. Obviously reducing the amount of concussions is hugely important - but all the same research suggests that repetitive micro trauma can have the same affect - such as that caused by a high tackle.

I hope sometime in that not too distant future the league starts suspending players for ducking into tackles.

Also could Hawthorn not choke here please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back