Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of funny. For all the criticism Buckley has copped over the journey in comparison to the free ride Scott has received, Buckley was the first to rebuild his side to a grand final after 2011.
The weird thing to me was when Bucks was being criticised, those same critics were praising Collingwoods recruiting efforts after the trade/draft periods. So the Pies got the players in, they just needed the Coaching staff to get their s**t together.

Also, IIRC, we drafted Thurlow ahead of Brodie Grundy. Think on that.

Really?

I'm firmly on the Melbourne bandwagon, really want them to win, mainly because my Dad was a Melbourne supporter.
I really have liked the Pies all year, all my life probably. Devastated they lost the 70 and 77 GF's, and many others. Loved John Greening back in the 70's.
Varcoe, Stephenson, Cox, De Goey, Sidebottom, Goldsack, Grundy, Buckley, all their injuries, so many great stories
Demons maybe next year.

Last edited:
The weird thing to me was when Bucks was being criticised, those same critics were praising Collingwoods recruiting efforts after the trade/draft periods. So the Pies got the players in, they just needed the Coaching staff to get their s**t together.

Also, IIRC, we drafted Thurlow ahead of Brodie Grundy. Think on that.
And we gave them Varcoe for Mitch Clark.

Just when you thought no one would play a worse first half of footy than the Cats for the rest of the finals series. Boom well done Tigs, trying to think of a good one hit wonder song to go with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ling: "I can only guess what Hardwick is saying". Shut up and we will be able to hear ffs

Ling a hell of a nice guy and great captain to our club.
But put a camera in front of him and he turns into a flog.

And that's really only because he played predominately forward and we were able to continually get the ball forward

Richmond kinda tried it with Dusty - he'd contest centre bounces but then go forward once play started. Only problem is that Richmond couldn't get the ball forward for him to have any impact

Saying it again, I really enjoy your insight cats09. I learn so much from you. Thank you.

I really have liked the Pies all year, all my life probably. Devastated they lost the 70 and 77 GF's, and many others. Loved John Greening back in the 70's.
Varcoe, Stephenson, Cox, De Goey, Sidebottom, Goldsack, Grundy, Buckley, all their injuries, so many great stories
Demons maybe next year.

Goldsack. Absolutely critical. Watched him closely over the years. Such good closing speed and a brain.

Great game to watch, but I hope the Dees get up and go all the way.

Rubbish.
Pies would cream the D's again, and deservedly so.
The Demons are a better team than they showed in midyear against Collingwood. They've been in far better form, too - beat West Coast in the West when Collingwood couldn't, and looked a lot better against Hawthorn than Collingwood did in a very ordinary game against GWS.

I'm pretty firmly of the belief that Melbourne were the second-best side in the comp this year but choked a few times. Anyway, it's all a bit moot unless they win in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back