Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Capping contact at training is a joke. Fear of litigation is going to ruin the game.

Might seem like a joke, but it won't stop it happening. I know people will grieve for the game they love, but the reality is the rules are so different now even to when we were dominating 07 etc. that people will just have to live with it.

Reality is that the head injury stuff is far greater threat to the future of the sport than any supporter fall out from not liking the changes.

So it's going to go down whether you/we like it or not. Hopefully rumours of demise are greatly overstated. It's going to happen anyway.

Inevitable.gif

Honestly it’s my biggest fear about us. The more Danger deteriorates and we stay competitive gives me hope we’ll avoid the worst. We have money we just need to lure in an A grade plus level talent.

WCE shouldn’t be as bad as they are. On paper they have a solid core of vets. I don’t think I’ve seen a squad with such poor prospects. The AFL will have to bail them out like they did North and Gold Coast

Don't think a bailout for wce would be forthcoming in any reasonable timeframe.

Premiership in 2018. 2nd highest number of flags in the afl era. Exactly zero chance that the club loses the afl money.

In a perfect world you would be better off having club doctors for concussion as they know the patient. The problem becomes when you have rogue club like Port Adelaide last year I think it was that ignored them.
I think ports problem is the doctors are usually fans as well. That's why they give up their time cheaply

Just for a laugh, on my way to the airport this morning the taxi pulled in behind an orange rust coloured Ford - the number plate

CWOOD23

Not exactly what I was expecting to see in Adelaide

Independent doctors is probably a good thing for concussion..

Not sure what the second thing will actually do. Besides making players less use to contact so probably more likely to get injured but i am not a professional so could be wrong.
NFL run 3 doctors for all NFL games I think... one from each team and a league version.

Leagues have to protect themselves.

GO Catters

Honeymoon period is over

Buckley commented on this last night, that it’s all been up for McRae & that it’s much harder in the down moments. I think he is getting a bit of joy at Collingwoods current predicament.
Does Nathan Buckley deserve credit for Collingwood's 2023 premiership? After all he built and developed the list McRae won the flag with.

Many people still credit Mark Thompson for our 2011 premiership because he built and developed the list Chris Scott won the flag with - so it's only fair that Buckley receives credit too.

Does Nathan Buckley deserve credit for Collingwood's 2023 premiership? After all he built and developed the list McRae won the flag with.

Many people still credit Mark Thompson for our 2011 premiership because he built and developed the list Chris Scott won the flag with - so it's only fair that Buckley receives credit too.

Poor Brendan McCarthy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed and we need a thread on the main board to discuss it :thumbsu:

4-weeks for Wright - would seem at least this early in the season that there's some consistency in tribunal decisions when it comes to head bumps this season

Buckley developed and 'recruited' the Daicos brothers. They were literally the key pieces for the flag, the way they played relied on Josh to do his thing - which is fairly unique.

Buckley did the same for Moore. He put the time into De Goey to keep him at the club.

Of course Bucks is the architect ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back