Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting results this weekend have really opened up the bottom quarter of the ladder (even more interesting if we get it over the Swans this weekend) for the remaining 6 games.

Looking at each team's last few games:

Syd: GWS, Freo, Ess, Saints, North, GC
Freo: Gee, Syd, Rich, Bri, WC, Saint
WC: Ade, Saints, Coll, Melb, Freo, Bri
Saints: Port, WC, Carl, Syd, Gee, Freo
GWS: Syd, Ess, Port, Gee, Rich, Carl
Ess: North, GWS, Syd, WB, GC, Coll
Rich: Bris, Gee, Freo, North, GWS, Haw

In bold are the fixtures with another team within the cluster.
I think excluding us, we would like Sydney to keep winning.
I think Richmond is gone. Can't see them beating Brisbane and Geelong. Once they have lost 6 in a row, they'll be mentally gone.

We want the Swans to keep winning, they play Essendon and St Kilda next 2 weeks.
If we win tonight, we'll probably be 8th.
I'm assuming that Geelong pole axe Richmond.
Been wrong before.
A lot of teams at the top are faltering. Brisbane, Melbourne and Port all out of sorts. Still good sides, but not playing the footy they were earlier.

The Blues knocked off the Saints last night, so we remain in 8th spot for the moment.

Have to hope the Swans beat Essendon, and it doesn't matter who wins between Richmond and Fremantle, we must beat Port to stay there.
Given the difficulties of the respective run homes, I'll be cheering for Fremantle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if we win against Port.
Win or lose for us, were still better off with how the games have gone.
Even the Brisbane game helps us.
Gives the swans the top 4 to aim for, they are playing the teams around us, we want them to keep winning.
We've just got to do our bit now.

Well done to gold coast, we now have to play Well the rest of the season and We make finals, probably versus sydney. It would be ironic if we play them in Canberra ( although I doubt the ACT government would allow given the worsening situation in VIC).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back