Resource Noober's Player Videos for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A Jekyll and Hyde performance from Smillie this week, one that epitomized his team's pattern of play. He and his Eastern teammates had nearly complete domination at stoppage, winning the football at will, but post stoppage they were unable to handle the Dragons pressure and consistently turned the footy over by foot and by hand.

Debuting for the season in round 2 of the Talent League, Lindsay turned in a complete midfield performance to help his team to victory on the day. Winning the ball inside and outside the contest, spreading with hard running, driving the ball forward and hitting the scoreboard.

RanaNaved

Moraes continued his hot streak in front of goal, adding three more to his seasons tally. Overall though, he had a quieter game this week as his Eastern team struggled to move the ball against a strong Dragons outfit.

In this game Kako showed why he's one of the top forward pockets in the draft pool with some excellent front and center crumbing off packs and high energy running to apply F50 pressure.

After spending last season playing forward flank and wing for the Knights, this year Zak Johnson is Northern's prime mover in the midfield. A silky smooth operator with plenty of class with ball in hand, it wouldnt be surprising to see Johnson pushing into top 10 calculations as the season progresses.

It's a very interesting thing watching a lot of your excellent player in focus videos. Clearly Coates League is much higher than WAFL Colts. That's obvious, population - participation rates and so forth.

But as the WACA premier cricket shows, even though it's not in the same class as Vic premier cricket, one only needs to find enough good players. Similar with footy - just enough!

It's a very interesting thing watching a lot of your excellent player in focus videos. Clearly Coates League is much higher than WAFL Colts. That's obvious, population - participation rates and so forth.

But as the WACA premier cricket shows, even though it's not in the same class as Vic premier cricket, one only needs to find enough good players. Similar with footy - just enough!
Yep for sure, and I guess its why the Champs are so important. Its also interesting that the Colts gets much more exposure than WAFL reserves, even though the ressies is the much higher level comp. I think we saw that last season with how Curtin and Edwards seasons progressed.

Curtin played the first half of the season in the Colts, got a chance to star and build confidence against lower level opponents, took that momentum into the Champs, then late in the season when he was ready he stepped up to full WAFL games and proved he could cut it against high level competition.

Edwards played I think one Colts game (maybe two), then moved up to WAFL reserves and struggled. Fell right off the radar after the champs. I can't help but feel as though he would have been better served just playing out the year in the Colts.

Jagga may only be small, but he's prolific when it comes to winning contested footy. His 10 clearances in this game were instrumental in helping Oakleigh secure a close win against Tasmania.

A first look at the intriguing talent of Kayle Gerreyn in 2024. Athletic, quick and agile for a guy his size, combined with clean hands and solid kicking skills off either foot.

Futbolista where do you feel like he projects at AFL level? I'm guessing something like a Luke Jackson type ruck/forward. I'd love to see him get more time in the forward line this season to get a measure of his craft there.

A first look at the intriguing talent of Kayle Gerreyn in 2024. Athletic, quick and agile for a guy his size, combined with clean hands and solid kicking skills off either foot.

Futbolista where do you feel like he projects at AFL level? I'm guessing something like a Luke Jackson type ruck/forward. I'd love to see him get more time in the forward line this season to get a measure of his craft there.

Initially I thought 20 to 30 on the draft range but such has been his improvement that with a good carnival he is a genuine top 15 chance now....a stunning carnival could elevate him into the top 10.

Luke Jackson is a good comparison. Dare I say it....better skills than Jackson and better ruck craft also.

Last edited:
Another excellent performance in what's shaping up to be a big year for Taj Hotton. If this form continues, especially through the Champs season, then he'll have to be firmly in top 10 contention.

A solid game from Lucas who played wing all game and worked tirelessly to position himself for release kicks and overlap run. Unfortunately his kicking accuracy let him down at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pretty good outing for Smillie. In a scrappy game in which players struggled to execute their skills at a high level, Smillie stood out with his clean hands and for the most part neat disposal.

I feel Jagga's game in this one has been underrated by some draft watchers. He was clean all game where others fumbled and struggled with their skills. Jagga demonstrated his usual knack of navigating traffic and finding pockets of space for a clean disposal.

Trainor was deservedly named best on ground in this game for the AFL Academy. He wasnt flawless, but showed his strength in the air and on the ground as well as his intelligent judgement in when to leave his man to impact third up or run off to create for his team.

Ben Camporeale got thrown around more than any other player. He started the game on a wing, played a lot through the midfield, and then finished the game playing as a defender in the fourth. His work rate was a feature and he cracked in hard in contests, but his disposal wasn't always on point.

Another strong game from Taj Hotton who continues his hot start to the season. A late call up for the Academy, he quickly proved he belonged, consistently looking the most dangerous forward for his team and finishing among the best.

The high possession winner on the day for the Academy team. Ashcroft split his time between midfield and half forward and provided a critical avenue for moving the footy through one two's and possession chains.

Lombard had some standout moments where he flashed his talent. An fantastic athlete with lovely balance and an intense competitor, it was no surprise that when the Academy came back into the game in the second half he was heavily involved.

Making a final push to 1000 subs on my youtube channel (up to 983 currently). If you enjoy my stuff a sub would be super appreciated.

Making a final push to 1000 subs on my youtube channel (up to 983 currently). If you enjoy my stuff a sub would be super appreciated.
Have you thought about doing two players at once from the same game so as to make the match more enjoyable. I know it must be a chore at times waiting for a single player to get involved in the play over the course of 100 minutes but maybe having two players on your watch and cutting and pasting that footage might be more interesting for you?

Have you thought about doing two players at once from the same game so as to make the match more enjoyable. I know it must be a chore at times waiting for a single player to get involved in the play over the course of 100 minutes but maybe having two players on your watch and cutting and pasting that footage might be more interesting for you?
I used to cut out two players from the same game at the one time, and then after the first edit I'd split them out into their own videos. It is quicker by a little. But the problem is brain power. If I'm watching for one guy, I let the game blur past on 4x speed and can pick their moments up almost on instinct. If its more than one, I have to really concentrate or I start to miss things, and then I get fatigued much faster.

My current schedule fits into my routine pretty well. I'm a mature age student, I went from working 40+ hour weeks and then I was back at university and had all this free time. So I get to do a video in the morning, head off to class, then get back after lunch and do another one... sometimes I'll do a third in the evening.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back