Rumour North Melbourne FC in disarray?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If our reality is so grim, how come you guys need to resort to making s**t up?

Also, if you had the ability to think a little (clearly a stretch for the majority who have posted in this thread), you'd probably realise that the way the last two premierships have been won gives everyone hope. We go into next season with better cumulative 3-4 year form than either of the last two premiers.
Maybe before accusing others of not being able to think you should do it yourself;)

Last 5 years we have won 10 more games then you so no, you don't go into next season with better cumulative form.
Not even close when you consider the fact we've won a flag as well.
Clearly thinking is a stretch for you.

Maybe before accusing others of not being able to think you should do it yourself;)

Last 5 years we have won 10 more games then you so no, you don't go into next season with better cumulative form.
Not even close when you consider the fact we've won a flag as well.
Clearly thinking is a stretch for you.

LOL, in trying to be clever you proved your ignorance. What I said related to form coming into the season, so 2017 doesn't count for you. Also, how does 3-4 years become 5?

I'm dealing with plant life here.

LOL, in trying to be clever you proved your ignorance. What I said related to form coming into the season, so 2017 doesn't count for you. Also, how does 3-4 years become 5?

Many species of plants have quite elaborate development.

I'd step further down the chain and go with plankton.

Even if you take out this year we are still in front by 1 game.
Maybe you shouldn't makes such posts when you're barely smarter then Snake

Even if you take out this year we are still in front by 1 game.
Maybe you shouldn't makes such posts when you're barely smarter then Snake

"you shouldn't makes such posts"

I apologise, I now realise I'm dealing with someone who hasn't fully learned the English language.

It perhaps explains the inability to understand simple concepts. I know that Google Translate isn't very accurate in some languages.

"you shouldn't makes such posts"

I apologise, I now realise I'm dealing with someone who hasn't fully learned the English language.

It perhaps explains the inability to understand simple concepts. I know that Google Translate isn't very accurate in some languages.
Well man you don't understand basic math;)
Think about it.
Maybe when snake was locked up he did remedial math and he can help you out.
Doubtful however, the only currency he understands how to deal in is cigarettes.

Well man you don't understand basic math;)
Think about it.
Maybe when snake was locked up he did remedial math and he can help you out.
Doubtful however, the only currency he understands how to deal in is cigarettes.

It's a very dull-witted interpretation of cumulative better form to just add up games won. Ladder finish after finals is more indicative of form:

WB: 15th, 15th, 14th 8th, flag
Rich: 7th, 8th, 7th, 13th, flag
NM: 4th, 4th, 8th, 15th, ...

Applying your own definition of success, years of winning finals are better than years of winning no finals. We've got you both covered.

Again, I thought I wouldn't have to explain, but ... plankton ... (ESL plankton in some cases).

Please tell me how many of the key members that got you are still apart of the team?
Then you can think about how irrelevant getting taken to finals by dads army is to 2018 and beyond.

Let's not forget in the back end of 2016 you barely won a game.
Round 11 til season end you won 3 games.

Now north legend Scott Thompson has come out in the media and said he feared for his spot on the list.

Is that any way to treat your players? I’d have thought a club should keep the communication lines open to prevent that

He wouldn't be in that position if he played better footy.

A brand new NMFC VFL team... a brand new NMFC AFLW team... NMFC Arden St redevelopment plans completed... zero debt...

Wake up, this club is in disarray ppl!!! :drunk: :drunk:

Zero Debt?

Your most recent financial report shows $1.25M in "Interest bearing loans and borrowings".

Zero Debt?

Your most recent financial report shows $1.25M in "Interest bearing loans and borrowings".

They are a commercial bill or overdraft the OD is designed to help cash flow in industries that have cyclical revenue or hold large amounts of debtors it is the norm for a footy club it is drawn to about 50% of its limit which indicates the facility is being used well, as long as the comm bill is being used for developing assets that is perfectly fine for an organisation that generates revenue like a footy club

They are a commercial bill or overdraft the OD is designed to help cash flow in industries that have cyclical revenue or hold large amounts of debtors it is the norm for a footy club it is drawn to about 50% of its limit which indicates the facility is being used well, as long as the comm bill is being used for developing assets that is perfectly fine for an organisation that generates revenue like a footy club

AKA Debt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, but I think what the post suggested earlier was the bad kind of debt we had 10 years ago

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, but I think what the post suggested earlier was the bad kind of debt we had 10 years ago

If you're going down the 'good' and 'bad' debt path, then really, if you need it to operate normally and have to pay interest on it, it's not good.

I fully recognise that debt can be a useful, even necessary tool in dealing with things like cash flow and large capital items, and I'm not having a go at that, but if I see people making clearly false claims like 'zero debt' then I'm going to call them on it.

Last edited:
Please tell me how many of the key members that got you are still apart of the team?
Then you can think about how irrelevant getting taken to finals by dads army is to 2018 and beyond.

Let's not forget in the back end of 2016 you barely won a game.
Round 11 til season end you won 3 games.

I think our 2015 team was the best team we had, it still had a number of issues though. I don't necessarily subscribe to what the poster you are referring to said, but nonetheless it doesn't hurt to look at the team.

That PF team had Wright, Swallow, Goldstein, Gibson, Cunnington, Higgins, Harvey, Dal Santo, Ziebell, Atley, Petrie, Turner, MacMillan, Brown, Thompson, Waite, Garner, Hansen, Firrito, Tarrant, Jacobs and Thomas.

Those that are gone: Swallow, Gibson, Harvey, Dal Santo, Petrie, Hansen, Firrito and Thomas.

The major loss has been Harvey, he was instrumental in our ability to produce scoring opportunities.

Wright and Jacobs have been LTIs since that PF.

Goldstein has declined dramatically since that year, not sure what his issues are be it injuries or off-field related or if he will get back to his previous form or not.

2015 was Petrie's last reasonable season, kicked 42 goals.

Brown improved from an 18 goal season to 63 goals this year, his improved output accounts for both his and Petrie's contribution in 2015 and creates space for someone else to contribute. That space is being filled by Wood... when not injured.

Dal Santo was a good accumulator, but he only managed to kick 1 goal in 2015 and 8 goal assists from 25 games, defensively he was a turnstile. His role has been replaced by Dumont, he doesn't get as much of the ball (doesn't do the point blank give and get as much) but he managed to kick 7 goals and have 11 goal assists from 19 games this year. There was no interest in him from other clubs after we let him go so I think the decision was vindicated.

Swallow was a monster of a player, before his Achille's went, since he came back he was serviceable at stoppages but more or less a liability on the outside and hurt the side because he couldn't run defensively like he used to. We will likely feel his loss at stoppages, however, we are still pretty strong in that area, we still have Cunnington and Ziebell, there will be more opportunity for McDonald to play a more prominent role next year and perhaps give a lesser midfield role for Ahern or a kid we draft, I doubt it will be an overnight success, but playing Cunnington/Ziebell/Swallow in the middle was one of our huge limiting factors. We couldn't even get him to GC for free this year.

Hansen was a great intercept mark, but was a poor one-on-one defender, I think the game plan designed to use his strength had a very limited ceiling and good team more often than not could expose it. He had no real interest from rival clubs for a couple of seasons so I think that was the right call. We have already seen players like Vickers-Willis, Nielson and Durdin compete better, however, they are still inexperienced.

Firrito was an underrated player, he was a very consistent defender. I think we miss his defending, especially with the decline of Thompson, however, he was pretty dodgy with ball in hand. I think the new kids are better users of the ball, don't panic as much under heat. I think Vickers-Willis has taken on his role and I think he did well in his first year, he got a lot of practice with how bad we were this year.

Gibson is a serviceable player and I think he will do okay at the Crows, he probably shouldn't get game time with them, but if they have injuries I think he will do okay for them. Okay, but not outstanding. He has had a fair few run-with roles the last few years with Jacobs being injured.

Thomas is a loss in terms of his 2015/2016 output, kicked 34 goals and 15 GAs in 2015 from 21 games. We have picked up Simpkin who will likely take over the role but it is hard to tell at this stage what kind of output he will have or how long he will take to reach a high standard.

Harvey is the major loss, someone of his capability is not easy to replace. Outside of his score contribution, he would have been involved in a significant number of our scoring opportunities. I think had we been able to lure someone like Kelly, that would have been able to fill that hole, hard to tell what we will get from pick #4, Kelly is playing great footy now.

Something that has been significant since 2014 though has been our shocking run of LTIs, we had a lot of injury problems in 2015, we don't have the mature depth we had in 2014/15 so a bad injury run hurts us more now. A lot of teams with less mature lists go from great to garbage with bad injury runs, Port is a great example of that, although they have now opted to go for more mature players.

I think 2018-19 will be development years for us, we need to get some of the good quality players up to 50+ games, we need to pick up a few elite prospects then go for recruitment and try to poach a Kelly type of player once you have another 2 good elite level young mids. Our midfield has been the problem, we have good young forward and defensive options but our midfield has lacked balance in terms of quality and roles.

I think coaching has also been a significant issue, both the midfield coach and senior coach. We would need Scott to have a Dimmer type of revelation, stop crabbing the ball and play a more direct style of footy, Richmond played ordinary football last year, played a much better brand of footy this year, a lot can change even when many of the parts are the same.

I think our 2015 team was the best team we had, it still had a number of issues though. I don't necessarily subscribe to what the poster you are referring to said, but nonetheless it doesn't hurt to look at the team.

That PF team had Wright, Swallow, Goldstein, Gibson, Cunnington, Higgins, Harvey, Dal Santo, Ziebell, Atley, Petrie, Turner, MacMillan, Brown, Thompson, Waite, Garner, Hansen, Firrito, Tarrant, Jacobs and Thomas.

Those that are gone: Swallow, Gibson, Harvey, Dal Santo, Petrie, Hansen, Firrito and Thomas.

The major loss has been Harvey, he was instrumental in our ability to produce scoring opportunities.

Wright and Jacobs have been LTIs since that PF.

Goldstein has declined dramatically since that year, not sure what his issues are be it injuries or off-field related or if he will get back to his previous form or not.

2015 was Petrie's last reasonable season, kicked 42 goals.

Brown improved from an 18 goal season to 63 goals this year, his improved output accounts for both his and Petrie's contribution in 2015 and creates space for someone else to contribute. That space is being filled by Wood... when not injured.

Dal Santo was a good accumulator, but he only managed to kick 1 goal in 2015 and 8 goal assists from 25 games, defensively he was a turnstile. His role has been replaced by Dumont, he doesn't get as much of the ball (doesn't do the point blank give and get as much) but he managed to kick 7 goals and have 11 goal assists from 19 games this year. There was no interest in him from other clubs after we let him go so I think the decision was vindicated.

Swallow was a monster of a player, before his Achille's went, since he came back he was serviceable at stoppages but more or less a liability on the outside and hurt the side because he couldn't run defensively like he used to. We will likely feel his loss at stoppages, however, we are still pretty strong in that area, we still have Cunnington and Ziebell, there will be more opportunity for McDonald to play a more prominent role next year and perhaps give a lesser midfield role for Ahern or a kid we draft, I doubt it will be an overnight success, but playing Cunnington/Ziebell/Swallow in the middle was one of our huge limiting factors. We couldn't even get him to GC for free this year.

Hansen was a great intercept mark, but was a poor one-on-one defender, I think the game plan designed to use his strength had a very limited ceiling and good team more often than not could expose it. He had no real interest from rival clubs for a couple of seasons so I think that was the right call. We have already seen players like Vickers-Willis, Nielson and Durdin compete better, however, they are still inexperienced.

Firrito was an underrated player, he was a very consistent defender. I think we miss his defending, especially with the decline of Thompson, however, he was pretty dodgy with ball in hand. I think the new kids are better users of the ball, don't panic as much under heat. I think Vickers-Willis has taken on his role and I think he did well in his first year, he got a lot of practice with how bad we were this year.

Gibson is a serviceable player and I think he will do okay at the Crows, he probably shouldn't get game time with them, but if they have injuries I think he will do okay for them. Okay, but not outstanding. He has had a fair few run-with roles the last few years with Jacobs being injured.

Thomas is a loss in terms of his 2015/2016 output, kicked 34 goals and 15 GAs in 2015 from 21 games. We have picked up Simpkin who will likely take over the role but it is hard to tell at this stage what kind of output he will have or how long he will take to reach a high standard.

Harvey is the major loss, someone of his capability is not easy to replace. Outside of his score contribution, he would have been involved in a significant number of our scoring opportunities. I think had we been able to lure someone like Kelly, that would have been able to fill that hole, hard to tell what we will get from pick #4, Kelly is playing great footy now.

Something that has been significant since 2014 though has been our shocking run of LTIs, we had a lot of injury problems in 2015, we don't have the mature depth we had in 2014/15 so a bad injury run hurts us more now. A lot of teams with less mature lists go from great to garbage with bad injury runs, Port is a great example of that, although they have now opted to go for more mature players.

I think 2018-19 will be development years for us, we need to get some of the good quality players up to 50+ games, we need to pick up a few elite prospects then go for recruitment and try to poach a Kelly type of player once you have another 2 good elite level young mids. Our midfield has been the problem, we have good young forward and defensive options but our midfield has lacked balance in terms of quality and roles.

I think coaching has also been a significant issue, both the midfield coach and senior coach. We would need Scott to have a Dimmer type of revelation, stop crabbing the ball and play a more direct style of footy, Richmond played ordinary football last year, played a much better brand of footy this year, a lot can change even when many of the parts are the same.
Can you justify this in more detail please...

A brand new NMFC VFL team... a brand new NMFC AFLW team... NMFC Arden St redevelopment plans completed... zero debt...

Wake up, this club is in disarray ppl!!! :drunk: :drunk:

Isnt it a tassie aflw team?

Isn't yours a Bendigo AFLW team?

No, Bendigo Thunder are their own club

Our aflw team in 2020 will be the richmond tigers, as we plan on staying permanently in richmond

Now north legend Scott Thompson has come out in the media and said he feared for his spot on the list.

Is that any way to treat your players? I’d have thought a club should keep the communication lines open to prevent that

Remind me how Jake Stringer found out he was departing the crackhouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back