North to go winless in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

some people have short memories. pretty much every one of those points applied to sydney 1992-1994.

yeah they suck at the moment but give it time

I went to every game in 1964. I have a long memory.

Bloods were terrible in 92-94 (and incidentally being stabbed by nmfc) but light years ahead of where nmfc are atm.

They don't. That's obvious with all the ridiculous proposals on here and elsewhere to merge North Melbourne with whoever or relocate them to wherever.

Any club who has won 7 from their last 50 should be prime relocation candidates for bringing the game into disrepute.

North will win every game for the rest of the year imo

Lol. What about clubs that have one flag in 150 years?
If you're going to propose hypotheticals then at least make them believable

Lol. What about clubs that have one flag in 150 years?

Talking about a certain club out West….

I think we just need clear metrics on what it takes for a club to be relocated and then let’s stick to them.

Is it wins, flags, members, revenues, club song or do we just pick metrics based on the vibe ?.

Hypothetically, if North were removed from the AFL and Tassie were added in their place then you'd have 9 teams in Victoria and 9 teams outside of Victoria. An even split of 4 tennants at the MCG and 4 at Marvel (yes, I know Carlton & Essendon also play home games at the G). It would also mean 7 less H&A games in Melbourne a year that will instead be played outside of Victoria, which means more travel for the Vic teams and a step closer to parity with the travel requirements of non-Victorian teams.

Instead of Collingwood playing 'away' to North at Marvel, the Pies would get on a plane and fly to Tasmania for a genuine away game against the Devils. That would be 7 total interstate trips for the Pies when you add the Tasmania trip to the 6 interstate trips they have scheduled this year. Compare that to the Crows who play interstate 10 times this year and it's getting reasonably close to a fair situation. Closing that gap as much as possible is good for the integrity of the national game and removing a Melbourne-based team from the league would help in that regard.
I actually agree with this. Good post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the posting in this thread has been blatant Bay 13 stuff. Embarrassing from those involved and also the integrity of the main board of this site.

Main board has been the new Bay 13 for a while.

There's a reason why the bay had a call to arms sent out. Most people just post here instead.

Really don’t think Clarkson is the answer
There is no THE answer. Anyone expecting that five years was enough to turn this around was fooling themselves. If North plays a final during his contact it will be a minor miracle. Even during the 2020s is unlikely.

The trick now is to spend less time than Carlton in the wilderness of complete s**t with a few glimmers of false hope.
Which was about 15 years, maybe 20. So time is running out - and we haven't got to the first false hope point yet.

Any club who has won 7 from their last 50 should be prime relocation candidates for bringing the game into disrepute.

What about clubs that have won a solitary flag before man was on the moon? 🫵😂

I reckon they’ll beat the Saints, they look ordinary and ripe for the picking.

If not, they’ll win one before their bye.

GC in Darwin - they are a different team once they step off a plane.
Essendon at Marvel - Bombers are going well now…but…ya know…mid table at best.
Port in Hobart - Downhill skiers, could drop a scrap down there.

I reckon they’ll beat the Saints, they look ordinary and ripe for the picking.

If not, they’ll win one before their bye.

GC in Darwin - they are a different team once they step off a plane.
Essendon at Marvel - Bombers are going well now…but…ya know…mid table at best.
Port in Hobart - Downhill skiers, could drop a scrap down there.
Saints as disappointing as they have been are miles better than NM. Pushed GWS away, pushed Port away, best Collingwood.
NM lost by 10 goals to 17th and have a percentage of 57.3. St Kilda at their worst still beats the 2024 version of NM by 5 goals.

Saints as disappointing as they have been are miles better than NM. Pushed GWS away, pushed Port away, best Collingwood.
NM lost by 10 goals to 17th and have a percentage of 57.3. St Kilda at their worst still beats the 2024 version of NM by 5 goals.

It’s all about how they rock up on the day.

It’s pretty unlikely North will beat a particularly good side - when they win, which they will, they’ll probably beat a mid table team if they are out of form and don’t show up switched on.

Or they’ll snag one over a fellow bottom 4 team like Richmond or West Coast - they get the Eagles down in Hobart too.

It’s all about how they rock up on the day.

It’s pretty unlikely North will beat a particularly good side - when they win, which they will, they’ll probably beat a mid table team if they are out of form and don’t show up switched on.

Or they’ll snag one over a fellow bottom 4 team like Richmond or West Coast - they get the Eagles down in Hobart too.
West Coast in their first few rounds form at Docklands, 50-50 game. At Bellerive, 70% in favour of WC, assuming WC are at rock-bottom form again and North are somewhere near their best.

Cheerleading the destruction of a 150 year old club isn’t funny or at all.

The thread is about the prospects of a club not winning a game this year but quickly descended into trolling and inconsiderate rubbish.
Beyond the fact that it happens to be my beloved club, this is what really boils my p*ss.

30 years ago supporters of every stripe would come together and support and defend struggling clubs and be outraged about what the then VFL was trying to do to proud historic clubs, angry at the greed and arrogance of the "proles will like what we tell them to like" attitude of the suits running the game, like when everybody rallied to save Footscray. Now without any prompting from a Ross Oakley-esque figurehead, and despite being in a good financial position, at the first sign of serious onfield trouble North have been copping "yous should faarkin fold!" day in day out, and the death of a 150 year old football club, and what that would do to a community of supporters, is treated as p*ss funny.

Far beyond being footy 'banter', this is an indictment on how far the Australian character has fallen, and proof if proof be needed that Australian Rules Football has been transformed into being another sterile, corporate, consumer entertainment product.

I tip my hat to you Ross Oakley, in the end you won mate ✌️

How should a club who has won 1 premiership by 1 point in 127 years and 27 wooden spoons and a worse financial position any better?

Beyond the fact that it happens to be my beloved club, this is what really boils my p*ss.

30 years ago supporters of every stripe would come together and support and defend struggling clubs and be outraged about what the then VFL was trying to do to proud historic clubs, angry at the greed and arrogance of the "proles will like what we tell them to like" attitude of the suits running the game, like when everybody rallied to save Footscray. Now without any prompting from a Ross Oakley-esque figurehead, and despite being in a good financial position, at the first sign of serious onfield trouble North have been copping "yous should faarkin fold!" day in day out, and the death of a 150 year old football club, and what that would do to a community of supporters, is treated as p*ss funny.

Far beyond being footy 'banter', this is an indictment on how far the Australian character has fallen, and proof if proof be needed that Australian Rules Football has been transformed into being another sterile, corporate, consumer entertainment product.

I tip my hat to you Ross Oakley, in the end you won mate ✌️
Exactly anyone who watched footy in the 90s will remember how close the bulldogs, Richmond, hawthorn, north, Melbourne (yes the club named after the city of footy) were to merging or folding, Fitzroy supporters only know too well.
And for what? So that the afl and its toxic media can get their wish and have a team in Tasmania? How’s the Gold Coast going? They’ve needed every advantage they could get at the expense of everyone else just to get up and running?
Norths been pathetic the last few years not gonna lie, but should Carlton or Melbourne folded? They were both bad for over 10-15 years on and off, what about those pretenders from Adelaide? They were a complete mess in 2011-2012 and needed to sell their license to the afl, how’s that any better then norths issues?, how about if Richmond had of folded after being horrible from 2004-2012? They sure as hell wouldn’t be having 100k plus members if they didn’t turn things around.
Anyone listening to the talk shows is a complete idiot if they believe the s**t they hear, those idiots (cornes, caro, I can go on all day) are getting paid big money to talk toxic or else they’ll easily be disposed of and probably be out of work, you idiots behind a computer aren’t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back