What would you trade for inevitable North Melbourne Priority Pick (2024)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate the idea of North getting pick 2 on top of getting Pick 1. It hurts other rebuilding clubs significantly - North have already got the cream of the crop for the last 5 drafts. Hawthorn, for example, has been in the bottom 5 for the same duration North have (5 years including this season) yet Hawthorn have not had a single top 4 pick yet, such is the number of compromises in the draft already. Adding more compromises so North can have another talented kid is not the answer - not for them or anyone else.

Hate the idea of North getting pick 2 on top of getting Pick 1. It hurts other rebuilding clubs significantly - North have already got the cream of the crop for the last 5 drafts. Hawthorn, for example, has been in the bottom 5 for the same duration North have (5 years including this season) yet Hawthorn have not had a single top 4 pick yet, such is the number of compromises in the draft already. Adding more compromises so North can have another talented kid is not the answer - not for them or anyone else.
Particularly the kid that ends up at North!

It's time to merge Fremantle and north.

Fremantle are gifted half a state. If they were in any other state they would have been folded by now. The have a s**t colour (purple), mascot (surfer doofus), emblem (an object wtf as an anchor) and theme. And after all that they lack success.

If they merged Fremantle and north they would combine half the state with Norths better colors, mascot and theme. Call them Fremantle kangeroos or north Fremantle kangeroos.

It's a simple fix that does alot
You want to merge the team with the least concessions with the team with the most recent concessions?

The current situation with North Melbourne is completely different to the conditions in 1996. It will take a little bit of time but North will climb out of their current on-field malaise. As a Melbourne-based club they won't be going anywhere.
I would hate to see them go, but nobody is going to like 19 teams in a few years time, i reckon the clock is ticking

I'd argue the reason Hawthorn didn't receive a top four pick in most of those years was that they didn't finish in the bottom four.

But anyway, if talented kids are not the answer, why are you complaining about Hawthorn not getting high enough picks?

Anyone got a list manager for trade?
afl yes GIF by Essendon FC

My mother is a life-time North Melbourne supporter. With that in mind, send them to Tasmania and retain the 18 club system before the talent is stretched further ...........

I'd argue the reason Hawthorn didn't receive a top four pick in most of those years was that they didn't finish in the bottom four.

But anyway, if talented kids are not the answer, why are you complaining about Hawthorn not getting high enough picks?

That's not the reason, which was my point. Hawthorn has finished 3rd last, 4th last, 5th last and 6th last over the last 4 seasons but only had 1 top 5 pick (pick 5 last year after finishing 16th - 3rd last). The reason is obviously that the top of the draft is already heavily compromised.

Had Hawthorn picked at their actual finishing position, they would have (and did) select Braeden Campbell instead of DGB, Nick Daicos instead of Josh Ward, Bailey Humphrey instead of Cam McKenzie and Jed Walter instead of Nick Watson last year.

I'm saying compromising the top of the draft even more isn't the answer and that lack of access to talented kids is not the reason North is struggling. There are other things North need to get right and they need to do it themselves - rather than look for more handouts.

Obviously they do. They keep getting mentioned. And not by me. Every time there is a thread of this nature.

No one cares about your opinions, but you feel the need to push your agenda everywhere in bf, get a life

No one cares about your opinions,

Yet you keep responding anyway. If you don't care don't reply. Better yet, if you don't want to read anything I say on here, then use the 'ignore' function. It makes no difference to me.
but you feel the need to push your agenda everywhere in bf, get a life

I’m just as entitled to respond to a discussion thread on the main board as anyone else, especially if and when another poster brings up my club in that general discussion.

So I’ll continue to respond where and when I feel the inclination to, whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back