North to go winless in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

Still have to play WC twice, Richmond once and Hawthorn in the last round.
If they don't get a win from one of those, it's hard to see where another one is coming from.

They've won 1 of their past 33 games and that was against Gold Coast at Marvel who don't win away games.

Imagine just having to be resigned to the fact that your team is going to lose. Every. Week.

The only case you can possibly mount for a win this season is when they play Gold Coast at Marvel in round 16 but even then surely Gold Coast find a way to win that.

Last edited:

I think they will get a win.

I don't see how Clarko will keep his job if they don't.

There is absolutely no risk that Clarko loses his job at that football club. Absolutely zero.

He is safe likely through to the end of next year at the earliest.

They’ll get a win.

There are enough teams capable of not showing up and getting smash.

Could best WCE in Perth next start! - they will have that one circled on the fixture.

There is absolutely no risk that Clarko loses his job at that football club. Absolutely zero.

He is safe likely through to the end of next year at the earliest.

They’ll get a win.

There are enough teams capable of not showing up and getting smash.

Could best WCE in Perth next start! - they will have that one circled on the fixture.
That must really annoy them - JHF and Harley Reid in successive weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These all playing well atm, and Callagan was really good against Geelong tonight. Would have been handy

View attachment 2000693
JHF is also playing pretty well, and they chose him. It is unfair to suggest that they shouldn’t have picked him, he was the consensus pick. That he didn’t stay isn’t really on them.

Can't be easy sitting down with players and trying to convince them to sign new contracts.
The players must be hearing the same lines being trotted out over and over from the coaches.
Awks!

they won't beat richmond at this rate
Even now North wouldn't be favourites against Richmond. And the Tigers will have players back by then.
North don't have a lot of first teamers to come in. Logue at some stage, but after so long out won't likely be fully right this year, McKercher and its barely worth mentioning Simpkin on exposed form.

Even now North wouldn't be favourites against Richmond. And the Tigers will have players back by then.
North don't have a lot of first teamers to come in. Logue at some stage, but after so long out won't likely be fully right this year, McKercher and its barely worth mentioning Simpkin on exposed form.
It will be close.
We haven’t beaten north at Marvel for over 5 years.
We should get Lynch, Taranto, Hopper back. Though I think we may lose Dusty as I think he will retire before after his 300th in a few weeks time.

It will also be time to put games into the kids with the year beyond cooked, so guys like Mackintosh, Pickett, Grimes and Prestia will probably be shelved at that time. If Baker has made a call on leaving I wouldn’t be surprised if he is left out either.

This game could be close to unwatchable.

It will be close.
We haven’t beaten north at Marvel for over 5 years.
We should get Lynch, Taranto, Hopper back. Though I think we may lose Dusty as I think he will retire before after his 300th in a few weeks time.

It will also be time to put games into the kids with the year beyond cooked, so guys like Mackintosh, Pickett, Grimes and Prestia will probably be shelved at that time. If Baker has made a call on leaving I wouldn’t be surprised if he is left out either.

This game could be close to unwatchable.
Since 2019, there has only been one meeting at Docklands. (Cararra, MCG, Docklands in 2022, MCG, and now Docklands)

In fact, since 2015, we've only played Richmond once a year.

We have played you there twice in the last five seasons and lost both.

Our record at marvel over that time is shocking- 4 wins, 1 draw and 10 losses. And that includes our two flag seasons.

I think the pragmatists who only care about the future prosperity of the game should have there way. No more handouts, no more league assistance. If you can't get by, you're gone. Sound good?

Think of the standard of the games....GOAT against GOAT. Also we finally get an even fixture!

Now let's see here....well, the good news is WC, Adelaide and Freo are safe. And the big four plus Hawthorn and Geelong survive so the Vics are happy. And the nuffy clubs are gone! Sweet relief.

Nine teams, four games a round, the future can't get here quick enough. Swoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back