Toast North to have standalone VFL team in 2018!

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do the "extra" players come from in stand alone sides? There will be up to 10 of them required per match.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Other clubs just have a VFL list made up our some senior solid VFL footballers and young potential types or ex AFL footballers.

I really hope we look at picking kids who didn't get drafted. Look to develop them, and draft them the following year. Geelong have picked up some solid footballers from their own VFL side so I think we should look to go down the same path. Guys who are already on our radar, but are well down in draft calculations would be the way to go.

You can kick a torp from Arden st to Etihad.

No reason why the VFL won't schedule a lot of games around North games, particularly North Sat night games and twilight games.

It's in their best interests.

This should be the strip as well....

56840-north-melbourne-kangaroos-1996-commemorative-guernsey-presale-2000.jpg
Swallow would look great in a VFL jumper.

i wonder where they will play... and if its Arden St, how they will fence it in....
Wouldn't need to fence it in. Collingwood don't and I'm sure there are others. You can make money off the pie stand.

Would need visitors' and umpires' facilities if it were to be a regular game-day venue, as well as a scoreboard and something better than portaloos for the spectators. I assume Hawthorn used the basketball court for the JLT game but that wouldn't be great as a permanent solution.

I'm still confused.

Does North have their own team in VFL next year?
What's the name of team? North melbourne Kangaroos?
same uniform as North?
Arden st is our home ground?
we can get more player as a sort of rookie players?
Standard drink is Carlton/Great Northern? I prefer different bland.
Is Hervey gonna be a coach?
Do they sell membership?

sorry, too many questions.

I'm still confused.

same uniform as North?
Do they sell membership?

Yes.
Probably.
Very similar, you would expect.
Hope so.
Yes, but they won't be on our list. We could draft them and keep a close eye on them.
It'll be macchiatos.
Sure, why not.
I do not know.

I'm still confused.

Without a Delorean there is no way to tell.

The (18)69ers

same uniform as North?

If you mean wearing their own clash strip no matter the H or A status every week - then yes

Will alternate between Arden Street, Blundstone, Manuka, Cararra, SCG and Hotham.

We can get as many players as sort of rookie players as we like. Unfortunately none of them will actually be on our rookie list.

Given that you stat a preference for bland then you've chosen well.

At this stage we're unlikely to give the job to an entire Queensland suburb.

Do they sell membership?

@geoffwalsh Yes.

@BradScott wow that was a bigger grilling than I copped last night #availableforseniorcoachinggigs

@BradScott Ned must've stuck a hashtag to that last tweet I didn't instruct him to do that.

Given that you stat a preference for bland then you've chosen well.

Stole my line... but you delivered it so well it was worth the pain.

The lack of respect in the VFL team has been 99% the clubs fault as we've chopped & changed affiliations. Changing your footy team is not trivial, and when you've had three affiliations in the last 10 years, you can't expect people to become diehard supporters. Add to that fact that we've had our seniors split across two different VFL teams in the past, and it's not surprising the players nor supporters show these clubs little respect.
Its hard to get behind a team that isn't your colors.

Fact is, I support North Melbourne. Not North Ballarat. Not Werribee. I've had zero interested in the VFL every dispute literally living a stones throw away from Casey Fields. This will change that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I'm erect?!?!
Arden street, day game, Etihad at night= a bloody perfect day!
Need a liquor license at Arden St, then we are definitely on!

I'm a liquor licensee, happy to take it on... responsible service of alcohol... pfffffft.

Like i said on twitter, you could set up a premium ticket where your ticket sets you up with a blanket/beanbag in the outer and you are issued with a Styrofoam esky and six pack/wine.

Seriously, they should really make it a community event every game, food trucks, licensed areas, bouncy castles, local stalls, bands/djs. Speed dating booths et al.

lve been reading a lot about Norths stand alone team in 2018 but nothing is being mentioned about playing home games at Arden st. With the redevopment of the Werribee ground including a new stadium lm wondering, seeing as its being said that we will continue to work with Werribee, maybe next year we might share their ground for our home games to help them out....but l hope we don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back