Northern Football League Division 2 - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking the fact that I can't kick over a tin can probably rules me out. :D

Ghostwriter it would be a nice change to talk about football on a "footy" website wouldn't it? Apart from best kick I remember there was a curly headed blonde feller who played for you guys and sure did see alot of the football. Is he still down there? Was a very good player for Thomastown from what I saw.

Does this include the agreements from 2009?
Come on footyboss cut it out people don't want to keep bringing up the disgraceful past actions.... 2009 agreements are done thats behind watsonia its re-build time!!! its probably time we moved on, what do you want an apology or something its best for everyone if we just close our eyes and pretend they didn't rip people off!

My god a wise head without his head stuck in the sand from watsonia!! well done force ill change my earlier thoughts there are 4 good blokes down there didn't realize you stuck around, better man than most for toughing it out.
good luck on the weekend.

Thanks for your well wishes, Watsy is like a 2nd home to me. How are the Old Paradians going?

Thanks for your well wishes, Watsy is like a 2nd home to me. How are the Old Paradians going?
And a very nice home it is!! old paradians are struggling abit... but good fun and very well ran club.

you playing in the 1's?
how is taz going?

Looks like some people never learn.....

Here is a topic that might get some reasonable conversation started for once. Who is the best kick in your team? For Example the Bulldogs like to use Lindsay Gilbee to get their ball down the field, and Melbourne prefer to use Aaron Davey as their kicking is so accurate and effective. For my club I would probably say "Ace" Ventura or Tom McCluskey?

Is this giving to many secrets away? I'm pretty sure our division isn't quite at AFL level that this information would have an effect on the game. So go ahead and let us know.
looks like some clubs never learn too..

have to agree with you about ace though, top kick hardly ever missed a target when we played yours. although most left footers are pretty good. eg, josh hunt..

And a very nice home it is!! old paradians are struggling abit... but good fun and very well ran club.

you playing in the 1's?
how is taz going?

Yeah the club rooms are looking great. Good to hear your enjoying yourself, that's what its all about!!

Been injured most of the year so been struggling to get up for any game. After doing a whole preseason (been a while since I have been able too) without a trouble in the world and then the season hit and it was all over with ankle injuries e.t.c. Very frustrating!!:mad:

Taz has been injured from the start of the season, he is a ripper bloke and shouldn't be too far away. He is a great key backman as you would know.

All the best to the OP's!

It was all good at Watsonia when the Bergs played a practice match there this season. Had a few beers with the troops after the game. Seemed like solid people to me. Don't recall anyone from Heidelberg saying anything negative either.

Cheers The Boof, the Watsonia faithful appreciated hosting the barometer of the league at our home ground too. It was good to see how a professional club such as yours went about things.

Any chance you can share some sponsorship our way??:D

Cheers The Boof, the Watsonia faithful appreciated hosting the barometer of the league at our home ground too. It was good to see how a professional club such as yours went about things.

Any chance you can share some sponsorship our way??:D

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Worth the question i reckon forcer!!! couple of g's here and there would be nice!

Force,

I believe the bloke you are speaking about is David Wall, they call him Gidget (after Sally Fields in the TV series the Gidget). No longer blonde hair, now curly brown. Is still at Thomastown and can play!!

You got me Iron Sheik... Was bound to happen sooner or later I guess. Probably why Im not involved in any coaching this year and running around for a D3 ammos side, in the magoos as well. I got away with it for many years though. At least that is something to hold my hat on.

Whats your excuse?? You probably wont reveal who are, for fear that you would be laughed at.

Dont have any sour grapes to the Watsonia Footy club at all. Just find it hard to believe that people are having a crack at past players on websites and in the footy record behind aliases when they are saying its weak to do so. You would think they would be more concerned on what is actually happening at the club presently, rather than what has happened in the past.

Anyway, hope all goes well in trying to keep the club afloat. From all reports you will need it.
[FONT=&quot]Hey footyboss you tool…everything written in footy record has been taken in fun and good jest by everyone but you…it has also lifted sales of the record as a lot of ex players buy it to see if they are next…I know I do…..maybe you didn’t like being exposed as the dick who removed a photo from clubrooms and binned it!! The Wats words give everyone a laugh during a tough year…u really are a w***er:thumbsdown:.[/FONT]

Epping getting more players back will be to strong for Mernda 6 goals
Lower should take care of Thomo easy 10 goals
W'sea to continue on their merry way 10 goals + over Stars
Creek to improve their % over Wats

Good Luck to All :thumbsu:

People take this site too seriously and local football in particular too seriously. Play the game and get as much enjoyment out of it as possible.

FootyBoss stop whinging about your time at Watsonia. Have no idea who you are and i have played at the club for four years. Must have been a superstar.....

Anyways, tips for this week:

Mernda over Epping
Lower Plenty to notch a win against Thommo
Whittlesea to .... ah who gives a s**t!

Force,

I believe the bloke you are speaking about is David Wall, they call him Gidget (after Sally Fields in the TV series the Gidget). No longer blonde hair, now curly brown. Is still at Thomastown and can play!!

yeah davids old man was an old lalor bloke way back.......great people the both of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[FONT=&quot]Hey footyboss you tool…everything written in footy record has been taken in fun and good jest by everyone but you…it has also lifted sales of the record as a lot of ex players buy it to see if they are next…I know I do…..maybe you didn’t like being exposed as the dick who removed a photo from clubrooms and binned it!! The Wats words give everyone a laugh during a tough year…u really are a w***er:thumbsdown:.[/FONT]

There is that magical word "tool" again. Did you get a free meal at the club last night after using it the most times in a week. I do hope so. Not sure what your definition of tool is, but it must be different to mine.

You got me again... Here I was thinking that record sales have lifted due to the increase in patrons at all NFL games, not just the wats words. But then again wats words are held in the same high esteem as a confidential article written by Luke Dennehy in the Sunday Herald Sun. That is why so many people purchase the Sunday Herald Sun isn't it??

What gave me away of being a w***er?? Was is the collection of swedish pr0n dvds or the box of tissues sitting next to my bed......

Anyway, back to talking footy. My tip this weekend is the watsonia percentage to stay above 10 after a close encounter with Diamond Creek.

Not sure if footyboss is a w***er or a tool.... but know that the picture you are talking about was one of the funniest things i have seen, as I'm sure the 10 or so others that watched it take place would agree!! Not sure there would be place for that picture in the new rooms anyway or why you would want it!! but obviously hit a nerve with you sheik?????

This rounds selections.
Epping vs Mernda.
Thomastown vs Lower Plenty.
Fitzroy All Stars vs Whittlesea.
Watsonia vs Diamond Creek.
Even at this early part of the season, if the top four isn't already settled it surely will be if all the above selections win tomorrow. And if so, it may just be a matter f who gets the double chance.

Force,

ghost wrong bloke,you have no idea,very average kick and couldnt get a game in the 1s at lalor in his prime.one of the coaches best mate

top fella but.

Good Luck to young Tossa tomorrow :thumbsu:
Won't bother turning the radio on now :D
Thanks for the encouragment mate! Im still going strong!! :D nah mate jusr kidding, Tossa is making his big debut and i'm taking the week off from commentating today as I had a shoulder reconstruction during the week...

But i'll be down at Epping today supporting the boys so feel free to say hello to the 18 year old in a sling :)

Good luck to my best mate Josh Stavely... will be one of the stars of the competition if he doesnt get drafted as a mature age rookie down the track!!

2010 Division Two Seniors

Watsonia 0.0 0.1 0.1 0.2 (2)
Diamond Creek 2.4 8.10 13.11 16.17 (113)

GOALS:
Diamond Creek: Simpson 4 Moloney 2 Constance 2 Vella 2 Taylor 2 Stephens 2 Kelly Whitehouse-Summers

BEST:
Watsonia: Ring Bennett Legassick Daly-Thomson Maggan Ventura
Diamond Creek: Simpson Vella Smith Taylor Whitehouse-Summers Kelly

Thomastown 1.2 3.5 6.6 7.9 (51)
Lower Plenty 5.7 12.10 21.15 29.19 (193)

GOALS:
Thomastown: Fleming 3 Nicolo 2 Calafiore Horman
Lower Plenty: Barden 8 O'Malley 7 Gill 6 Buller 3 Craig 2 O'Donnell Monger Zimbolani

BEST:
Thomastown: Cupo Nicolo Wall Collier Horman Rachrache
Lower Plenty: Buller Craig Barden Flynn O'Malley Tyack

Epping 4.2 6.3 9.9 15.11 (101)
Mernda 4.1 7.7 10.12 10.17 (77)

GOALS:
Epping: Byrne 2 Hollow 2 Garland 2 Polley 2 Willitts 2 Maxwell Hamling Little Henwood Moore
Mernda: Sage 4 Lamaro 3 Anderson 2 Zabrieszach

BEST:
Epping: Lirosi Polley Moore Hollow McMahon Loorham
Mernda: D'Avoine Drummond Volpe Oliver Saddington Sage

Fitzroy Stars . . . 6.7 (43)
Whittlesea . . . 28.12 (180)

A very good win today by the boys.
After being behind for most of the game and not looking all that good at 3 quarter time , the boys came home very strongly in the last to win by 4 goals.
All the young blokes proved today they can play footy :thumbsu:
Well done to all, special mention to Les :D

A very good win today by the boys.
After being behind for most of the game and not looking all that good at 3 quarter time , the boys came home very strongly in the last to win by 4 goals.
All the young blokes proved today they can play footy :thumbsu:
Well done to all, special mention to Les :D

The difference between Epping & Mernda :-

Epping coach - do it for the club..do it for the team..do it for yourself :thumbsu:

Mernda coach - do it for me :thumbsdown::eek:

footyboss, surely by now you have realised no one can give a s**t about your views about the watsonia football club. sure you threw the line in and got a bite. but its grows old after a while.

speaking of watsonia, reading the results. although they didnt really score on the board. thats a big improvement by something like 15-16 goals since last time they played diamo?

i see force mentioned a few players down there, i agree with ventura 100%. i believe his the heart and soul down there... well from wat ive gathering playing them this year. how bout ryan, bennett, ring, legassick and cosham?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back