2nds Norwood vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ The Parade

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand how Lord can look reasonably potent at AFL level and simultaneously get outbodied and outworked at SANFL level. Hopeless from him.

Neither Hayes not Visentini looked like taking a contested mark all day.

Scully is a traffic cone.

Entire game plan was bombing it on forwards heads and at no stage did any of them do anything positive.

Just a question to the old timers, did you give a s**t about the Port Magpie reserves back in the days of yore?

Just a question to the old timers, did you give a s**t about the Port Magpie reserves back in the days of yore?
Yeah they used to broadcast the reserves live on TV every Saturday on 7.
You would always get to the ground early to see the reserves play, don’t forget it was a much higher standard in those days.
Port league team was so strong so you had some good players playing reserves.
What you seen today would get beaten by a Port Reserves team of the 80’s and 90’s by 20 goals.

How did Lord go? Really needs to come back in as Dixon needs weeks off to get right.
One decent pass to Frankie, who goaled.
Plenty of aggression, but no outcome from it.
That's about it.
Nothing aerially.
Frankie was just about our sole player.

The scumps had sfa to do with that result, the nord players were up for the contest and we weren't, there were way too many weak and pathetic efforts from numerous players wearing black and white and quite a few are unfortunately AFL listed.

As for Jonas, the bloke has clearly played at least one season too long, and if the selectors want to give him a farewell AFL game they will need to choose who it will be against very carefully, because against a decent team unfortunately there is every chance the arse will drop out of the defence with him in it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would always get to the ground early to see the reserves play, don’t forget it was a much higher standard in those days.
What you seen today would get beaten by a Port Reserves team of the 80’s and 90’s by 20 goals.
Wasn't there 9 teenagers playing for Port today? that's gonna cause fluctuations in form, it wasn't that bad really single digit loss and Nord were due to win a game.

The scumps had sfa to do with that result, the nord players were up for the contest and we weren't, there were way too many weak and pathetic efforts from numerous players wearing black and white and quite a few are unfortunately AFL listed.

As for Jonas, the bloke has clearly played at least one season too long, and if the selectors want to give him a farewell AFL game they will need to choose who it will be against very carefully, because against a decent team unfortunately there is every chance the arse will drop out of the defence with him in it!
As for Jonas I would have stood him down from the captaincy after the disastrous preliminary final against the Western Bulldogs. Blind Freddy could see he was done last year. Have a look at the run and elite disposal from our backline now.

Didn't care about the reserves in days of yore but neither did the opposition.It was everybody's reserves.

We are playing in a league where like it or not the result matters to a lot of people (mainly our opposition).

Yes it is our reserves , yes it is for development but there is something on the end of it in the competition we are in.

Morons every week still love to beat us and sometimes it is hard when most of your life you have loved that guernsey and seen it win in big moments in your life to go meh.... I don't care..

Wasn't there 9 teenagers playing for Port today? that's gonna cause fluctuations in form, it wasn't that bad really single digit loss and Nord were due to win a game.
It’s the way they play, they obviously have talent to be on an AFL list but the lack of intensity and game plan is way below where it could/should be.
As for Norwood being due to win a game, they won last week.

Our AFL team is currently playing a different game to the dross being handed up by this 2s outfit. I hesitate to call it a team.

Its a group of guys out for a kick, with a win being a surprising outcome.

It's real hard to predict what a guy like Ollie Lord would be like if promoted back to the AFL to replace Dixon. Only to say it will probably be a better performance.

Didn't care about the reserves in days of yore but neither did the opposition.It was everybody's reserves.

We are playing in a league where like it or not the result matters to a lot of people (mainly our opposition).

Yes it is our reserves , yes it is for development but there is something on the end of it in the competition we are in.

Morons every week still love to beat us and sometimes it is hard when most of your life you have loved that guernsey and seen it win in big moments in your life to go meh.... I don't care..
I'm not saying you shouldn't care but the reality is it's a side full of baby draftees & top ups, surely people can temper expectations with that reality.

At risk of contradicting what I just wrote above, I agree with much of this. You'd get into whatever of the game you saw, and a close ending got the crowd pumped up for the main event, but it wouldn't ruin your day if they lost. You'd be more interested in watching developing players on the fringe of league selection.
The 1983 reserves grand final team had enough talent playing, they could've given current West Coast a touch up

I don't understand how Lord can look reasonably potent at AFL level and simultaneously get outbodied and outworked at SANFL level. Hopeless from him.

Neither Hayes not Visentini looked like taking a contested mark all day.

Scully is a traffic cone.

Entire game plan was bombing it on forwards heads and at no stage did any of them do anything positive.
Your being very harsh on traffic cones.

It’s the way they play, they obviously have talent to be on an AFL list but the lack of intensity and game plan is way below where it could/should be.
As for Norwood being due to win a game, they won last week.
Well they were due a win at the parade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back