Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callum Mills played for the All-Stars last night? He just pipped Caleb Daniel for the rising Star a few years back. But I remember thinking last year how much Caleb was tracking ahead of Mills in overall career and current form. Yep Mills plays and not Caleb? Does Calebs size go against him for State of Origin?

Callum Mills played for the All-Stars last night? He just pipped Caleb Daniel for the rising Star a few years back. But I remember thinking last year how much Caleb was tracking ahead of Mills in overall career and current form. Yep Mills plays and not Caleb? Does Calebs size go against him for State of Origin?
Wasn’t it a max of two players per team, per club.

Callum Mills played very well, a few of the other players were exposed as system bunnies and stunk it up big
time.

Can’t read too much into players ability or form as there wasn’t too much focus on defensive work. If anything, it was the usual stuff:

JJ is a jet when he isn’t being tagged
If Bont can keep staying in the positive for conversion, look out
Macrae just keeps being Macrae, just needs to be more bold with his kicking
Grundy is by far the best ruck in the comp
Martin is almost impossible to beat 1-1 in the forward line
Kelly is amazing
Haynes is a marking beast
Sidebottom would die if he ever had to try & win a hard ball
Brad Hill alone will really improve the Saints, just his speed & ability to run all over the field for the team

Nah. GWS had Kelly, Greene, Cameron, Haynes and Whitfield play for Vic and Richmond had Martin, Cochin, Houli and Lynch. Besides JJ was our only Allies player anyway.
No idea why I thought Daniel would be playing for Vic. And clearly I’m wrong about the 2 player rule also. Not quite engaged my brain this morning.

Last edited:
No idea why I thought Daniel would be playing for Vic. And clearly I’m wrong about the 2 player rule also. Not quite engaged my brain this morning.

It was originally 3 max per club, but the coaches agreed not to follow that as it allowed more star power

When the game was fast last night Jason Johannisen stood out, when the game slowed down JJ vanished and
Bontempelli had a couple of moments, but overall not a great advert for our players.

When the game was fast last night Jason Johannisen stood out, when the game slowed down JJ vanished and
Bontempelli had a couple of moments, but overall not a great advert for our players.
That's fair. Fox Sports gave all the players a rating out of 10. Our 3 (Bont, Macrae, JJ) were all graded 6/10, which seemed about right.

JJ was excellent early but faded, Bont played forward early when the Allies were dominant so barely touched it first half, worked his way into the match incely without starring and Macrae was solid but fairly unobtrusive, mainly on a wing.

Eddie Betts also played last night and Khamis could get a game in the seniors ahead of him, just shows what a joke the glorified AFLX SOO game was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Sports gave all the players a rating out of 10. Our 3 (Bont, Macrae, JJ) were all graded 6/10, which seemed about right.
Fox Sports are fairly generous with those marks, but Yojimbo is a hard and cruel judge. I thought the welcome
to country bloke got top marks for his ultimate warrior like performance on the microphone (WCW intro) went
a bit too long.

That's fair. Fox Sports gave all the players a rating out of 10. Our 3 (Bont, Macrae, JJ) were all graded 6/10, which seemed about right.

JJ was excellent early but faded, Bont played forward early when the Allies were dominant so barely touched it first half, worked his way into the match incely without starring and Macrae was solid but fairly unobtrusive, mainly on a wing.
JJ had 261m gained at qtr time. Insane!

Just a heads-up folks. The Pieman comp will be back again in 2020. Vinegar Mess and I have been working on it behind the scenes. We'll be open for business pretty much straight after our Marsh series game against Port next week.

I'm hoping for a good year of goalkicking from this bound-for-glory squad. Just got to work out who's going to kick them!

Hi all, apologies if this isn't the right forum to be posting this question, but what video content would you love to see the club put out? More post-game interviews with players/coaches? More get to know the players type videos? More funny/joke stuff/light-hearted stuff with the players? Any other ideas about what videos from the club you'd love to watch?

Or if there's a better place to pose this question, please point me in the right direction. Cheers.

Hi all, apologies if this isn't the right forum to be posting this question, but what video content would you love to see the club put out? More post-game interviews with players/coaches? More get to know the players type videos? More funny/joke stuff/light-hearted stuff with the players? Any other ideas about what videos from the club you'd love to watch?

Or if there's a better place to pose this question, please point me in the right direction. Cheers.

I want more slow motion handball drills with generic rock music played over the top please.

I want to see the entire list reacting to episodes of married at first sight.

Coaches talking to players post game. Although that is probably not what the club wants other clubs to see.

I'd love an unscripted Tom Liberatore reality show where he expands on what it means to be Tom Liberatore and not somebody else.

I just want to see a Dogs dance-off.

Does the club shop do number printing for guernseys? I thought there was an option to get a number if you ordered online, but it’s just the base option. Last one I bought was the 2017 premiership version with the gold premiers badge, with the number 4..

Was that a one off? Otherwise, where can you get it done?

You can now book your free reserved Lvl 1 seats for the Good Friday match through your Bulldogs account. All the seats are on the sections right next to the cheer squad. You can choose to book your seat, which there is a limited capacity of, or just walk up on the day and get free access to Lvl 3 GA seating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back