Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat on the top tier of the Northern Stand in 98, the players looked like ants. I’ve blanked the rest out.
But the view at the G is so much better than it was at Waverley :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re the idea of putting a sponsor above the number on the back of the jumper. I must say I'm surprised by this given we were happy to wear the Thor jumper barely 12 months ago. I think the FFC stamp is important (maybe it can be moved or resized), but surely we aren't going that well that we can start turning back sponsors?

Waverley was a hole

And a freezing hole at that.

Also took 34 days to get out of the car park
BS .... why was it a hole exactly? Takes a fair while to get out of the G too. We just had a kick of the footy for a while waiting for the traffic to settle. Saved us a good hour in travel. Going to Marvel whatever it is now has taken about 1/2 hour or more to travel one k approaching the ground at times and takes a while to get out of there too.

BS .... why was it a hole exactly? Takes a fair while to get out of the G too. We just had a kick of the footy for a while waiting for the traffic to settle. Saved us a good hour in travel. Going to Marvel whatever it is now has taken about 1/2 hour or more to travel one k approaching the ground at times and takes a while to get out of there too.

Always Cold
Rained Nearly every time
No public transport
Families didn’t want to hang around after games coz it took ages to get home(most of us lived in the western suburbs)

No one drives to the G, at Waverley it was the only option

You obviously don’t know how to get to Marvel then mate. Sorry but I park at Newport or Yarraville and get the train in. Easy peasy.

Always Cold
Rained Nearly every time
No public transport
Families didn’t want to hang around after games coz it took ages to get home(most of us lived in the western suburbs)

No one drives to the G, at Waverley it was the only option

You obviously don’t know how to get to Marvel then mate. Sorry but I park at Newport or Yarraville and get the train in. Easy peasy.
Your mind reading obviously isnt working as I do know you can get there by public transport which is not always a straightforward process either

Etimarvel or the G

Never had an issue with public transport to either myself.

The only people that liked Waverley lived out that way, it was a freezing concrete hole and that’s why the AFL dumped it

Train to Southern Cross or Flinders and walk

Last edited:
I used to live in Williamstown but now I have to catch a bloody V-Line from Melton South. V-Lines are cozy but bloody hell does it require a lot of pre-planning to make sure i'm at the game on time.

I used to live in Williamstown but now I have to catch a bloody V-Line from Melton South. V-Lines are cozy but bloody hell does it require a lot of pre-planning to make sure i'm at the game on time.

I used to live on campus in Geelong, 2009-2012, and often had to come back to Melbourne on weekend V-lines for work. This started my dislike of the Geelong Football Club.

What are our away crowds usually like in Melbourne? I used to just attend the home games but starting last year I started attending as many away games as i could make it to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glorious day down at the WO. Boys in huddle just after finishing up training about 15 mins ago. Someone with beanie on doing extra leg stretches (JJ?).

Would have made a great photo with the Whitten Stand in the background, except my phone had died....except it hadn't (found out it was the headphones when I got home):relaxed:

Herald Sun ,
Can Nathan defuse the feud between Eddie and Kosch .
——- seriously who is making up this stuff ?

Your mind reading obviously isnt working as I do know you can get there by public transport which is not always a straightforward process either

Well, Fossie, it might be time to inform the all-knowing among us (!) that not everyone lives close to public transport.

Not even within 100km of a train, actually! :p

yeah Dimma , lot of dons stuff , but you will see an image of a Collingwood jumper or player everyday.
Dosnt even matter if the story has anything to do with them.
I only look at the web page , wouldn’t contribute in any way to that organisation.

Todays offering , Didak and Lynden Dunne.

Earth shattering Essendon article in today's Hun - online, at least.

Seems James Hird once received a critical letter from a supporter!

Robbo probably tried to get it on to the front page :cool:

Sat on the top tier of the Northern Stand in 98, the players looked like ants. I’ve blanked the rest out.

Top tier of the Northern Stand in 71
Hawthorn v St Kilda
Showing my age here although I was very young ;)
Yes they looked pretty small from up there

Top tier of the Northern Stand in 71
Hawthorn v St Kilda
Showing my age here although I was very young ;)
Yes they looked pretty small from up there
That was my fave non Bulldog GF. It was dramatic waiting to see if Huddo could break the goalkicking record and a great battle

Reminds me of my first flight overseas. I said to the guy sitting next to me " this is amazing the people down there look like ants." He leaned over and looked out the window and said " they are ants, we haven't taken off yet."

I'm here all week folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back