O&M 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, im not saying he deserved it and second, go and ask some of th blokes from an earlier era and see if they complain about the treatment they got, whether it be 10 goals kicked on them or a broken nose from having a blue.. This is my point. When it comes down to it all the coach should know if a young fella is worth putting in the side and if he is capable of copping the knocks and bumps (intentional or not). I honestly think that as much of a good kid he is, his frame isnt ready for senior football.. My opinion once again.. (So feel free to pick at my diagnosis)
Firstly those days have gone and that is good. Footy has changed for the better. Not sure at what age you think a players jaw toughens up. You are just digging a bigger hole with every post

Firstly, im not saying he deserved it and second, go and ask some of th blokes from an earlier era and see if they complain about the treatment they got, whether it be 10 goals kicked on them or a broken nose from having a blue.. This is my point. When it comes down to it all the coach should know if a young fella is worth putting in the side and if he is capable of copping the knocks and bumps (intentional or not). I honestly think that as much of a good kid he is, his frame isnt ready for senior football.. My opinion once again.. (So feel free to pick at my diagnosis)

Mate i played senior footy at 15 as a skinny kid and copped plenty of hits from some of the toughest blokes to play in our league. Had no complaints and relished the challenge when it came to trying to win the footy. What i wont put up with is kids being picked off and copping serious injuries just like i was when i was king hit and had my face re arranged twice. Didnt matter how ready for senior footy i was or my coach or old man thought i was. I just wont put up with the attitude that u should expect this kind of thing. We have views that are polar opposite

Mate i played senior footy at 15 as a skinny kid and copped plenty of hits from some of the toughest blokes to play in our league. Had no complaints and relished the challenge when it came to trying to win the footy. What i wont put up with is kids being picked off and copping serious injuries just like i was when i was king hit and had my face re arranged twice. Didnt matter how ready for senior footy i was or my coach or old man thought i was. I just wont put up with the attitude that u should expect this kind of thing. We have views that are polar opposite

Footy has changed i agree, it is also still a contact sport and i will not shy away from my OPINION!!! Happens week in week out, just so happened to be the youngest bloke on the park

So things are quiet on here with a week off.. we can either talk about JAk or we could get creative and do a list... so i propose every posts (in thier opinion) the 5 greatest/most respected player and the 5 biggest flogs of the last decade of O&M. Ill start it off
Greats/legends
1. D Leslie
2. J Porter
3. T Hartwig
4. B Murray
5. A Butler
6. C Ednie (had to fit him in)
Flogs
1. J (boxhead) Saker
2. A (i am a walking nutbag) Prior
3. B (lets have a nap in the goal sqaure/ abuse an umpire) Fevola
4.S ( lets stab a bloke with a stump/ throw a footy and not be holding the ball) Carpenter
5. B Murray (was a flog early on)
Ok guys fire away...

So things are quiet on here with a week off.. we can either talk about JAk or we could get creative and do a list... so i propose every posts (in thier opinion) the 5 greatest/most respected player and the 5 biggest flogs of the last decade of O&M. Ill start it off
Greats/legends
1. D Leslie
2. J Porter
3. T Hartwig
4. B Murray
5. A Butler
Flogs
1. J (boxhead) Saker
4.S ( lets stab a bloke with a stump/ throw a footy and not be holding the ball) Carpenter
Ok guys fire away...
Geez you get up early for a Sunday!

Greats/legends
1. D Leslie
2. J Porter
3. T Hartwig
4. B Murray
5. A Butler
Flogs
1. J (boxhead) Saker
Ok guys fire away...
Reckon you lost credibility champ when you have asked for the five greatest etc and named six.

I beleive he goes to bed late
Actualy up early on a rare occasion for me.
Not lads, i was trying to spark up some convo on footy not get you blokes completely riled up. And lets be serious i had to throw in an extra on the list because i had five legends but couldnt leave out Craig.
Also if Rovers and Wang blokes didnt hang s**t on each other. The clubs might as well merge and i dont think any of us here would want that.

Greats/legends
1. D Leslie
2. J Porter
3. T Hartwig
4. B Murray
5. A Butler
Flogs
1. J (boxhead) Saker
Ok guys fire away...

Geez you've gone light on for legends from the Albury/wodonga area

Kade Stevens
Matt Pendergast
Ben Hollands
Joel Mackie
Matt McDonald
Mark Doolan
Dean Polo
Luke Packer
Would all sit comfortably on any list like that

And as far as flogs go, the biggest one of all is Ednie. Yes, he is a champion footballer, but he a sniper and a bloody sook!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prenda was my next player actualy, sad to see him gone. Hard to fit them all into a list of 5.
Craig does have a way of winding up supporters and opponents alike, but for some reason i love the little master. But can see why alot arent fans.
If Mellington stays another year he will be number one by a long way.

Actualy up early on a rare occasion for me.
Not lads, i was trying to spark up some convo on footy not get you blokes completely riled up. And lets be serious i had to throw in an extra on the list because i had five legends but couldnt leave out Craig.
Also if Rovers and Wang blokes didnt hang s**t on each other. The clubs might as well merge and i dont think any of us here would want that.
not sure what criteria you look for when putting together a list of flogs, but if disadvantaged is one then you should probably start questioning your definition of 'flog'

Id say im one of few onhere who saw him play in the vfl and rated him as a champ. Rated him high at Corowa, first stint a rovers he was also good. Where Carps lost me was the club jumping, sure i dont know the full story to it all. But is my pet hate in local footy. Would have loved to have seen him be the one to rebuild the club he was happy to be a part of when the sailing was good.
Also picking on his arm was abit harsh but me, the bollocks treatment the umps give him for it is out of his control. Hes just learnt to play to what can only be sympathy or misunderstanding from the umps.

Id say im one of few onhere who saw him play in the vfl and rated him as a champ. Rated him high at Corowa, first stint a rovers he was also good. Where Carps lost me was the club jumping, sure i dont know the full story to it all. But is my pet hate in local footy. Would have loved to have seen him be the one to rebuild the club he was happy to be a part of when the sailing was good.
Also picking on his arm was abit harsh but me, the bollocks treatment the umps give him for it is out of his control. Hes just learnt to play to what can only be sympathy or misunderstanding from the umps.
does it really justify the label 'flog' though? and top 5 of the decade at that? have a think before you type mate #keyboardwarrior

I say hes a flog because i recon he should be rebuilding the club he made a name at, not the one who pays more or was an easier task.
You recon im a flog for having an opinion and trying to get some chatter on a stale forum. Each to their old boss

Myrts chances delt a big blow with Brady Sharp suffering a potentially major knee injury in the 19s rep game. Sad to see quality young blokes go down.
Also Albury look ready to take the piss out of the league abit more with Sammy Shultz set to hit the park this week in the twos. Good for the lad to be playing footy again, just wish it was in the NEAFL.

I say hes a flog because i recon he should be rebuilding the club he made a name at, not the one who pays more or was an easier task.
You recon im a flog for having an opinion and trying to get some chatter on a stale forum. Each to their old boss
not what you stated in those brackets but yeah no worries champ

Greats/legends
1. D Leslie
2. J Porter
3. T Hartwig
4. B Murray
5. A Butler
Flogs
1. J (boxhead) Saker
Ok guys fire away...
Silly idea and suitable response ! Would need top 50 on both counts. Although it would be interesting on how various different club supporters rated the bottom end. I probably could name a few on everyone's list , both ends.
Short fat man at myrtleford best I have seen recently! kicked 7 on a member of your list.
Quite a few fit in to both . Funny how as they get older they drift in to the top end. Then if they stay too long they go back again!

Just shows on all counts if your head gets inflated you are only 1 prick away! More often than not that prick is you.

Last edited:
Anyone at the wodonga v raiders out there that actually knows what went on?
Wodonga Bulldogs had a player sent off and when he went to the interchange a replacement went on. A head count was called not long after and the player bolted off. The boundary umpire saw it all and tried to get him to come back on but he wouldn't budge. The player looked like he was trying to hide. The field umpires didn't see it and the boundary ump looked like a young kid. It was weird to watch because everyone in the crowd knew what was happening but the main umpires didn't and it ended up being a really strange event.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back