O&M 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically the version of events that came by me. Video review score wipe? Be sad for the Bullies after a massive win for them
Clearly Bulldogs bench made an error sending on a player but would it constitute a loss of score at that time? The O&M needs to sort out an not frig around -and do it early this week.The young boundary ump I am sure thought he was doing the right thing,just hope his version of events is told. The Bulldogs were much better than Raiders on the day and won the midfield battle and stoppages after quarter time. Raiders missed Todd Bryant who I underestimated early but is good in and under but also breaks lines. Another late withdraw was Flagg and the forward just didn't function while Jolliffe was tagged and battered out of the game. Their backs made mistakes under pressure but they need a forward line to kick a winning score. Credit to the Bulldogs for a hard fought win.

Last edited:

Thoughts on the final 5? Albury, Lavington, Yarrawonga locked in as top 3. Raiders play Albury / Rovers /Myrtleford at home / Nth Albury.
Myrtleford with injuries play a Yarrawonga / Wangaratta / Raiders and Corowa
Wangaratta play North Albury / Myrtleford away/ Corowa / Wodonga.
Raiders should win 2, possibly 3
Myrtleford should win 1, maybe 2
Wangaratta could possibly win all 4. My prediction is unfortunately Myrtleford will finish 6th.
Wang to beat Raiders in Elimination, Lavington to beat Yarrawonga in Qualifying. Wang to knock Yarra and then Lavi out to be beaten by 100 points in the GF by the Tiges

Thoughts on the final 5? Albury, Lavington, Yarrawonga locked in as top 3. Raiders play Albury / Rovers /Myrtleford at home / Nth Albury.
Wangaratta could possibly win all 4. My prediction is unfortunately Myrtleford will finish 6th.
Wang to beat Raiders in Elimination, Lavington to beat Yarrawonga in Qualifying. Wang to knock Yarra and then Lavi out to be beaten by 100 points in the GF by the Tiges
Interesting isn't it. Think you're a bit hard on the saints.
Wang need to touch up nth, early. Newton 9 again. Wang need to get the job done.
I think myrtleford will beat Yarra. Yarra have a goal kicking problem. It is going to rain all of Friday at Ablett reserve. ( so I'm told). No Ednie . No o!conner. ( with an apostrophe )
Interesting that wang meet myrtleford the next week at Abblet reserve. ( ground used 2 weeks in a row ) If the ground is unsuitable for o and m , what happens.
Raiders have a problem if wang and myrtleford fire up. They play rovers at j.c Lowe and given rovers touched up Albury last year , no gimme.
Could be game of the year myrtleford v raiders.
By the time afnc play anyone in g.f they have had 5 yrs of byes ! One would hope they take at least 40 mins to wake up , and the wind isn't blowing too hard to the far end. So Albury Capt. Kick to the now derelict club end . That way if mr cross is a bit late ! Can you bet on the medal?

Last edited:
I think you have it nailed.

Good wrap up lads. Alot of thought gone into the posts.
On the theory of Wang getting into the big dance, with the pitiful back line alb have. Can they stop a juicy Newton if wang get the nut out of the middle?
Alburys team is all mids and a clepto forward so in theory if the hitouts went in the wang direction it could be a good game.
That said i honestly believe the Lavi machine has had an oil change and will finish off well to lose another gf.

Clever play on words by Xavier Mardling in tomorrow's article about Melso. Geistier won't be back at Lavington next year. Playing and possibly coaching in Wagga

A couple of great Results for the comp today, Myrtleford beating Yarra and Lavy will certainly hope they don't run into wodonga in the finals after the dogs beat them comfortably again today....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals race is a classic, holds alot more excitment then the granny sadly.
Bulldogs throwing themselves into the race with a gutsy win. Wang just fell over the line against a Fullford inspired North. Myrt getting the choccys against Yarra is huge for the club and no doubt the lads see the bottom of afew jars.

Raiders will make the top 5, can't see them losing another game. The winner of this week's game between Myrtleford and Wangaratta I feel takes up the other spot. If Myrtleford had both Brady Sharp and Frazer Dale I would have them comfortably, though I think it will be very tight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back