Official 2012 Trade Week Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 10% IMO.
Whoever wants Mitch Brown must put up something exceptional.
Now he is unlikely to be worth what we'd need to part with him (sub-15 pick) for most other clubs.
Unfortunately, he is extremely valuable to us and very important.
Let me get this straight.. You want a sub 15 pick for a player that is not in you best 22, is horribly injury-prone and plays predominantly in the WAFL??o_O

Are you high??

Brown is contracted we won't let him leave without being well compensated.

So is Chris Dawes. It doesn't mean a club will pay overs for an extremely average player. The fact that he is important because he is a back up is a WC only concern, he holds no more value than a Warnock that left Melbourne last year.

you are absolutely dreaming if you think the saints will give pick 13 for Brown.

We don't need to trade him. It will cost something good for us to let him go.

We have plans for him and whether you believe it or not have put a lot into his development to have him take over from Glass. The AA fullback and Captain. Big shoes for someone to fill and that person is Brown.

Teams aren't gonna pay overs just cos he's important to your team they will pay on how good a player he's been and that ain't great.

I wouldn't expect opposition supporters to know his ability. Was very good in the limited opportunity he had. My point was West Coast will do everything they can to keep him and will be asking a lot. It all depends on how desperate he is to leave I guess.

So is Chris Dawes. It doesn't mean a club will pay overs for an extremely average player. The fact that he is important because he is a back up is a WC only concern, he holds no more value than a Warnock that left Melbourne last year.

You mean the pick 13 that apparently Melbourne are offering?

It's a non issue really because we won't trade him unless to benefits us greatly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Difference is you blokes are pushing Dawes out the door, where as we actually want Brown to stay.

We don't need to trade him. It will cost something good for us to let him go.

We have plans for him and whether you believe it or not have put a lot into his development to have him take over from Glass. The AA fullback and Captain. Big shoes for someone to fill and that person is Brown.

apparently your coach said mckenzie, schofield are ahead of him. glass naturally number 1 until succession plan.

Now that you have Lynch i assume him & Cloke would be your new tall forward duo.
Didn't Dawes request a trade & Melbourne are interested.

Dawes has not Requested a Trade but is looking at his Options

apparently your coach said mckenzie, schofield are ahead of him. glass naturally number 1 until succession plan.

True. Thus those two playing all year. The plan with Brown is obvious. Who knew after we got the spoon that Glass would get back to brilliant form.

By all accounts Brown was/is happy to wait but the lure of football next year in Vic would be hard to ignore. Still he in contracted and we don't need to trade.

You mean the pick 13 that apparently Melbourne are offering?

It's a non issue really because we won't trade him unless to benefits us greatly.

Pick 4 wasn't it?

A Brown for Cripps trade seems a pretty good starting point. West Coast would probably prefer to use him to trade for Wellingham, but Collingwood are hardly short on key defenders whereas St Kilda are, so the steak knives that St Kilda will throw in will probably be more worth it.

I'll leave neutrals to give views on value.

Reasons why WC will be unreasonable:
  • The best result for WC is to keep him, then hope he re-signs next year as he will be guaranteed a spot in the 22 as Glass will retire.
  • If we lose him we have zero back-up for next year, and will only have 2 KPD the following year.
  • Losing him screws us.
  • The risk of losing him for less next year is lower than the risk associated with trading him this year.
Um, you do realise that if you do lose him (especially early this week) you will then have a good 2-3 weeks to find SOMEONE ELSE to take his spot in the WAFL, as back-up, don't you? Someone like Pears, perhaps, who has shown more at AFL level than Brown.

Then of course there are the drafts, where you could find other options.

We were stupid enough to not have proper back-up for FB and ruck last year, but surely no other clubs will follow us down that track this year, especially with "trade week" now going for 3.

There look to be some very good key defence options in the 10-25 range of the draft this year, like Clurey, Tanner Smith and one or two more.

Let me get this straight.. You want a sub 15 pick for a player that is not in you best 22, is horribly injury-prone and plays predominantly in the WAFL??o_O

Are you high??

If it's not on the table we have no reason to trade him.
Unless we get a further defensive key-position from someone else we would be silly to trade him on.

Pick 4 wasn't it?

A Brown for Cripps trade seems a pretty good starting point. West Coast would probably prefer to use him to trade for Wellingham, but Collingwood are hardly short on key defenders whereas St Kilda are, so the steak knives that St Kilda will throw in will probably be more worth it.

Cripps is uncontracted isn't he? So is Wellingham.

Maybe:

Brown and Stevens for Cripps and Goddard compo.

I assure you if Saints are interested then we will ask for that pick.

& hope he doesn't seek a trade when he is uncontracted after spending all year in the WAFL.

Exactly.

Although Glass will be gone so not getting a game won't be an issue. The issue will be if he's pissed he was forced to stay when he's likely to get only 5-10 games next year filling in when Glass/Schofield/Mackenzie are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back