Official 2012 Trade Week Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought St Kilda supposedly offered pick 12 last week for Brown? I may be wrong...

I think a fair trade would be, Brown+18 for pick 12. (Maybe some upgrading of second rounders)

rofl. wont happen. first two picks are off limits. the only way we would trade one away would be to get hickey and caddy in the one pick

Can you stop saying he is a Glass replacement?

When Glass retires, McKenzie will take the number 1, Schofield the number 2 forward. Then there is Watters, Hurn and probably a Brennan in the backline. Just because he is a tall, doesn't mean Brown will get gametime when Glass retires next year.

We have played three KPDs every game for the last two years except for:
- I think one game where we played 4
- games where only 2 were available we only played two.

In that time Brown has never played WAFL if one of Glass/Emac/Schoey have missed.

another jack watt?

Certainly a different size to watts. Not sure we would be doing the right thing getting this kid. How much improvement could he have? Also now there are plenty of jack watts bashers out there but if you can tell me of a key postion player with his ground skills, speed and kicking skills i'd like to hear it. (Dont say buddy franklin)

I think people are getting confused about his value to other clubs and his value to us.
Perhaps
Brown + 18 for Cripps + 12
will be considered.
Otherwise St Kilda's 2nd round pick + Cripps.
This would be a fair compromise (not that'd I'd want to trade him).

it will be a straight player swap and possibly a very late pick thrown in. we wont go over that. theres other tall options available.

i wonder how brown will go now that he is adamant he wants to go home.

When Glass retires, McKenzie will take the number 1, Schofield the number 2 forward. Then there is Watters, Hurn and probably a Brennan in the backline. Just because he is a tall, doesn't mean Brown will get gametime when Glass retires next year.

Maybe you shouldn't comment on things you have no idea about.

Certainly a different size to watts. Not sure we would be doing the right thing getting this kid. How much improvement could he have? Also now there are plenty of jack watts bashers out there but if you can tell me of a key postion player with his ground skills, speed and kicking skills i'd like to hear it. (Dont say buddy franklin)

Buddy Franklin, there I said it. Come at me brah

Mackenzie has taken the no. 1 forward for most of the past 2 years.
It is not ideal to assign Schofield the no. 2 forward because his run the other way is so important.
Brown is not the perfect fit for a Glass replacement but in the WAFL there are strong indications that he will be great as a 2nd key back behind Mackenzie.
Because we wish to keep Schofield released Brown is expected to take over Glass's role.

Well you'd know.
Is pick 2 overs for Jack Martin?

Martin is an absolute jet. Harley bennel like but better at this age. If eligible would no doubt have went pick 2 so probably not overs. They get a year to put some weight and development into this kid. Only knock on the kid is he is from WA and may wana go back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Scott Thompson turns 30 this year, so will go onto the seniors list. Adelaide may have a huge war chest for next year then!

Senior list only takes 100k off each player on the list. Can't think of any other Crows (Rutten maybe?) who would be eligible for the list, hence don't think it will give them that much more money...

Jack Darling says hi.

But it wouldn't show up, would it?
It's dependent on the amount of years you've been at a club, yes?

Thats in regards to Restricted and Unrestricted.

Restricted means the club who the player is coming from can match any and all offers.

Either way, if Kennedy was a Free Agent it'd have been reported by now.

Just heard that the Demons will be trading pick 3 for Jesse Hogan (via the MD) and pick 20.

Would expect the Demons to then on-trade that pick 20 for Chris Dawes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back