Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

On 2nd thoughts, I think I will start Treloar. He’ll have a big point to prove, is at a very fantasy friendly side and can only really play midfield so don’t see them throwing him around. Won’t get tagged while Bont is there. Can see Treloar racking up big time

Was Tom Phillips a forward by the end of the season in Fantasy? Back on a wing at the hawks... if he's still listed as a forward I'll have a look at him

Yep, Phillips should do well at Hawthorn. Maybe he'll do a Henderson and have a 100+ output.

Others I'm looking at for next year: Preuss, Heppell, Ziebell, Rowell (the highest ceiling of any first-year player I've seen), Z Williams.

Dont think i could start any of the dogs, would be a wait and see. But Yeh Treloar seems the only one who basically has to park in the centre square.

Phillips as a F would be of interest.

Getting burnt with the R's last this year pretty much ensured i load of from the start. Especially with Grundy being under-priced IMO

Dont think i could start any of the dogs, would be a wait and see. But Yeh Treloar seems the only one who basically has to park in the centre square.

Phillips as a F would be of interest.

Getting burnt with the R's last this year pretty much ensured i load of from the start. Especially with Grundy being under-priced IMO
If Preuss is R1 at GWS in round 1 he’ll be hard to ignore, but I told myself after the Naismith and Pittonet debacles that I lock and load the rucks in 2021

If Preuss is R1 at GWS in round 1 he’ll be hard to ignore, but I told myself after the Naismith and Pittonet debacles that I lock and load the rucks in 2021
Yeh ill probably get sucked in.. but same, Started with the Budget R1/R2 this year and literally never covered fully - still had Draper in as R2 in the final round FFS. Im telling myself right now, never again haha

Thoughts on Taranto? Had a bit of a down year with injury and form but still averaged 75 (94-95 BCV) went at 112 the year before that. Will be 22 years old and could be ready to enter that 110 bracket again
How many games did he play? Maybe he'll get a cheeky discount

Where does Treloar out leave de goey? Midfield🤔

Collingwoods setup is fascinating next year and where theyll finish will the players buy in next year or play unhappy and with something to blame

Grundy, Degoey are guys ill be watching.

What did Grundy avg with D.Cameron in the side last year?

Without Stephenson is Degoey required fwd or without Treloar is he now allowed in the middle.

Sidebottom still to come back into the side and i dont think Wills or Sier played finals

Taylor Adams might double up on again. Started him last year at a far cheaper price but maybe go again without Treloar at top dollar

I’m thinking that. All will probably average 100 or so, but maybe none go that big 110+?

Witt Treloar gone. I’m really big on Taylor Adams now

Any chance of Adams copping a tag without treloar?
Sidebottom perhaps still cops it.
Adams not really the sort of player to tag.

Was Tom Phillips a forward by the end of the season in Fantasy? Back on a wing at the hawks... if he's still listed as a forward I'll have a look at him

I'm fuuuuming he's changed clubs.
He was going to be my Simpkin pick of 2021.
Posts good numbers on a wing, just didn't get used in that role much this year due to the emergence of Daicos.
If he can hold his forward status he'll be in everyones team sigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does Acres keep his forward DPP? Surely he didn't play enough games to give CD enough data to change him to mid only

Seems like every year around this time when I think about DT, the team sort of just picks itself based off trade news.

Due to trades: Pruess, Williams, Caldwell, Hately, Witherden, Cockatoo, Cameron, Possibly even Hickey if Sink has finally Sunk.
Due to injuries in 2020: Rowell, Stephenson, Heeney, Taranto?
Due to horrendously underperforming: Bradley Hill, Tim Kelly, Sloane?

Then fill out with your premos:
- Whitfield/Lloyd Defenders;
- Adams midfield probably my first selected at this point. Hated not having him in 2020;
- Danger forward (if he survives the DPP changes);

I'm going to avoid all bulldogs this year I think. it'll be impossible to know who consistently scores. Preseason they could have one set of preffered midfielders, then roles totally change in round 1. Avoid avoid avoid.

Last edited:
Does Acres keep his forward DPP? Surely he didn't play enough games to give CD enough data to change him to mid only

Doubt they need any data to change it. They can set rookies based off almost nothing.
I'm guessing they'll change him.

Either way, he might be a good pick.

I have no idea if this fits within salary cap or anything but here's my early thoughts

Whitfield, Williams, Witherden, Milera, Rookie, Rookie

Neale, Adams, Steele, Taranto, Dunkley, Heppell, Rookie, Rookie

ROB, Preuss

Dangerfield, Acres ,Phillips, Cameron, Rookie

I have no idea if this fits within salary cap or anything but here's my early thoughts

Whitfield, Williams, Witherden, Milera, Rookie, Rookie

Neale, Adams, Steele, Taranto, Dunkley, Heppell, Rookie, Rookie

ROB, Preuss

Dangerfield, Acres ,Phillips, Cameron, Rookie

Doubt that'd fit. Probably Cameron and Heppell -> rookies makes it work.

Not sure I'll pick Steele this year with brouch in the mix. Ditto Dunkley for that reason.
Neale will come down to budget left after I pick the rest of the team. But he'll be crazy expensive.

If we stay on reduced minute quarters you probably have to take Neale from Rnd1.

Otherwise if we're back to full length games then Neale will drop back to the pack.

Doubt that'd fit. Probably Cameron and Heppell -> rookies makes it work.

Not sure I'll pick Steele this year with brouch in the mix. Ditto Dunkley for that reason.
Neale will come down to budget left after I pick the rest of the team. But he'll be crazy expensive.

If we stay on reduced minute quarters you probably have to take Neale from Rnd1.

Otherwise if we're back to full length games then Neale will drop back to the pack.
Surely there's enough budget picks there to make it close to being under the cap.

Witherden, Williams - Under 600k
Milera, Heppell, Cameron - 400k ish?

Cheaper R2 than I usually start with.

My fall back plan was to bring in Young from Kangaroos instead of Milera

Here's hoping anyway

EDIT: never mind, i was looking at their averages and doing rough price calculations in my head based on before corona virus average/price

Mid-price madness may be beneficial strategy this year.
2020 had a record number of rookies blooded and their prices are up as a result.
With lists sizes reducing I'm going to just go ahead and put it in writing that we're not going to get many rookies at all for 2021. Let alone 7 that can average 50+ from Round 1.

With that in mind this is my midprice madness

Whitfield, Crisp, Sicily, Williams, Witherden, Rookie

Adams, Zerrett, Tim Kelly, Taranto, Rowell, Caldwell, Rookie, Rookie (B.Hill on a watchlist, Hately interchangable for Caldwell, depending on who looks better).

Hickey, Preuss.

Dangerfield, Heeney, Acres ,Phillips, Cockatoo, Rookie. (Heeney interchangeable with Ziebell, whoever looks better in the preseason).

Mid-price madness may be beneficial strategy this year.
2020 had a record number of rookies blooded and their prices are up as a result.
With lists sizes reducing I'm going to just go ahead and put it in writing that we're not going to get many rookies at all for 2021. Let alone 7 that can average 50+ from Round 1.

With that in mind this is my midprice madness

Whitfield, Crisp, Sicily, Williams, Witherden, Rookie

Adams, Zerrett, Tim Kelly, Taranto, Rowell, Caldwell, Rookie, Rookie (B.Hill on a watchlist, Hately interchangable for Caldwell, depending on who looks better).

Hickey, Preuss.

Dangerfield, Heeney, Acres ,Phillips, Cockatoo, Rookie. (Heeney interchangeable with Ziebell, whoever looks better in the preseason).
Good call on the rookies. With the condensed fixture this year, it forced teams to dig deep into their lists, which as you say, has boosted the rookies starting prices

Does anyone know what happened to Dylan Roberton?
Was in everyones teams this time last year, played 1 howler in round 1 and then dropped off the face of the earth.
Still on the list so presumably he's still around?

Could be a cheapie starter for $170k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back