Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
It's time.... time for bye planning...

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Thought it would be a good idea to kick this thread off now so we all have a single place to discuss the dark arts of MBR trading.

Halloween Summon GIF by Cake FX

Have at it!

My bye structure is in pretty good shape compared to last year. This is purely onfield.

15 Round 12
22 Round 13
17 Round 14
16 Round 15

So with the extra trades during byes and whatever bench cover i have by then I should have a decent number on field each round and in R14/15 could push myself to 19-20 playing.

Everyone is saying 'we have more trades than ever' but I've got a s**t tonne of red dots. What's the priority between now and round 12? Upgrade/downgrade or remove red dots?
Just hoping for the best at this stage. Jumping on some midpricers and good upgrades now and hoping for some downgrade green dots to appear over the byes

Just hoping for the best at this stage. Jumping on some midpricers and good upgrades now and hoping for some downgrade green dots to appear over the byes
I think possibly keep a warm body like a Ginbey provided you can still hit your targets with your other downgrades.

What should I be targetting in terms of bye structure? Load up on round 13, 14 & 15 players and after R12 is played I just trade in players that have already had their bye for eg?
For eg, round 14 I trade out players on their bye and bring in R12 & 13 players?

Never really put much thought into it so would appreciate some insight

I’m kind of following the old 10-10-10 rule
Fielded + bench
Rd12 4 + 2
Rd13 4 + 0
Rd14 6 + 4
Rd15 8 + 2

Some of my mid pricers won’t make it there and most in R14
Heavily loaded in the forwards for R15
Need to keep an eye on dpp use and pick the eyes out R12/13 teams in R’s13-15
Have no ruck rotation so brown dot there for 2 of 4 byes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do find it amusing that this is still on the first page !! Either we are keeping our plan’s secret, or we are all ******* winging it !!
I've been totally planning all along... I have a structure of.... Checks newly created notes...
8 out
4 out
9 out
12 out

Not bad for winging it. BTW doesn't add up to 30 as I'm counting red dots as out for all 4

I've been totally planning all along... I have a structure of.... Checks newly created notes...
8 out
4 out
9 out
12 out

Not bad for winging it. BTW doesn't add up to 30 as I'm counting red dots as out for all 4

Knowing my luck I have approximately 30 players out each week !!

Thoughts on Mark Blicavs (691k) Mid/Rck Geelong. You can play him in your utility slot as an emergency and efficiently cover ruck-men & midfield byes.
If you don't hold a r12 bye ruck-man, Luke Jackson (623k) Fwd/Rck would be another option - a potential permanent replacement if he continues playing well

Had thoughts along similar lines. S. Ryan (404k) with a be of 7 the opportunity seems now
But still a while to byes and Nank/Soldo back soon and then he’s forward.

There is a lot of concern about bye structure here. Unless your team is seriously imbalanced with 8 or more r12 premos, I don't think it is as important as having lots of green dots on your bench - especially ones with late byes. Some of these player's scores will count multiple times in the bye rounds and avoid donuts. The byes are when dead rookies hurt.

# with BYEKeeper BYENon-keeper BYEInactive BYE
Rd 1262 (RoMa, Dunks)3 (Ashcroft, Sharp, Wilmott)1 (Sheldrick)
Rd 1353 (Stewart, Duncan, Witts)1 (Atkins)1 (Moyle)
Rd 1496 (Naicos, Dawson, Redman, Day, Laird, JDG)2 (Sheed, S.Mitchell)1 (Hewett)
Rd 15106 (Bont, Green, Cogs, TT, Ziebel, Sheez)4 (LJones, Cincotta, Drury, Angwin)0

Just had my first look at the bye weeks and discovered I've fluked thankfully my meticulous planning for Rd 12/13 having low numbers has paid off.
Well placed to swap out guns at the end of R12/13 using all 3-trades to save R14/15 from donuts.

Just planning out my bye structure, and assuming I trade as planned this week (Cowan, Kelly out for Wardlaw, Laird), I'll enter next week with the following. 26 in the pool, Uwland, Heath, Cincotta red dots. Chesser counted as a red dot as surely he's dropped when reinforcements return.

R12: 20 (13 keepers, 2MP [Atkins, Fiorini], 5 rooks [Humphrey, Mitchell, Wardlaw, Pedlar, JVR])
R13: 21 (15 keepers, 1MP [Ashcroft], 5 rooks [Wilmot, Pedlar, Mitchell, Wardlaw, JVR])
R14: 19 (13 keepers, 3MP [Atkins, Ashcroft, Fiorini], 3 rooks [Wilmot, Wardlaw, Humphrey])
R15: 18 (10 keepers, 3MP [Atkins, Ashcroft, Fiorini], 5 rooks [Wilmot, Mitchell, Humphrey, Pedlar, JVR])

Aware it's a bit dense, but for those who try and nail their bye planning - any advice on how I'm looking? I'm pretty happy with that, I think? If I can clean up Cincotta and Uwland next week it'll hopefully add some warm bodies, and provided there are not shocking downgrade guys to go to, I could potentially look at using that third trade to either turn Wilmot into someone reasonable or even Ashcroft.

The final bye feels like the concern - Knowing I've got 7 of my 17 keepers there handicaps me a little bit, so if I hold them all, scoring will be down, so having 21/22 on the field to minimise the 'floor score' feels imperative.

I genuinely don't know what I'm going to use my trades on in that 2nd bye week, I could potentially move a Fiorini type on proactively, but it feels a waste to not cash in on him having that bye & use my trades to strengthen round 15.

Pedlar, JVR, Mitchell seem like pretty clear candidates to all go on their bye, so hopefully can go two down, one up there. Maybe 2 up depending on how well the cash is banked in the previous byes.

Then no idea who to trade on that final bye. Maybe Wardlaw's already done his job? Fix up red dots that arise through the byes? Proactively move on Ziebell or Sheezel (I think Ziebell might go a bit earlier, to be fair. Could even be a GC/Geel week job, that one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back