Discussion Official 2021 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me rucks at this point is Grundy or ROB then a cheap one like Preuss cant justify two big money rucks at this point.

Who out of Hately and Caldwell actually delivers?
Depends on role, Caldwell has never been a high scorer even in the NEAFL whereas Hately has

Will be watch Pre-season on both

Can't believe I'm asking this...but is Tom Scully an option? $443k FWD/MID.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First - put your players in price order FFS !!!! :p

There is a few rookie types I don't recognise/know much about (but that's not a real surprise) and you've gone very unique across the mids. Which may not be a bad thing. I also have Rowell at M5, but we only have one player in the M1-4 spots in common. You are a bit dependent on Hawks/GWS playing and scoring well.

Bit pricey on the bench, and I'm playing F Macrae as a forward, not a mid - as typically mid rookies are easier to find... But if cheaper rookies become available, you'll have cash to either hold or upgrade elsewhere. I like the Laird pick, I really want to find a way to get him in.....

Defence is hard to fault assuming the rookies get up - although DGB struggled on a 2km time trial a week back so can see him starting in the 2's to begin with.

Midfield is a good blend of young guns and established players. Kelly always an injury risk but certainly underpriced. I think it's unlikely both Powell and Phillips get named round 1 (more one or the other) but time will tell.

Rucks outstanding

Forwards I like the Marshall selection as a fail safe to Preuss. Greene injury risk but could be underpriced. Phillips seems a no brainer. I'm not overly bullish on many forward rookies to start this year. Cockatoo has never scored well and can't stay on the park, Perkins isn't training with the main group yet and didn't see a huge amount of senior footy last year so think he is more likely to come in later than round 1.

Overall think it's a good side, obviously need to keep tabs on rookies once pre-season etc starts. I like all your premium selections as they all offer value

First - put your players in price order FFS !!!! :p

There is a few rookie types I don't recognise/know much about (but that's not a real surprise) and you've gone very unique across the mids. Which may not be a bad thing. I also have Rowell at M5, but we only have one player in the M1-4 spots in common. You are a bit dependent on Hawks/GWS playing and scoring well.

Bit pricey on the bench, and I'm playing F Macrae as a forward, not a mid - as typically mid rookies are easier to find... But if cheaper rookies become available, you'll have cash to either hold or upgrade elsewhere. I like the Laird pick, I really want to find a way to get him in.....
Price order sorted. ;)

Settled on this lineup and now will leave till we get some games. But open to feedback.

Back: Laird, Williams, Day, Milera, L Young, Jones (170/170)

Mid: Merrett, Gaff, Taranto, Sloane, Rowell, Hately, Phillips, Powell (170/170)

Ruck: O'Brien, Preuss (170)

Fwd: , Dunkley, Greene, Phillips, Dow, Henry, Campbell (170/170) (Utility- 170k)

Bank: 70k

Last edited:
Settled on this lineup and now will leave till we get some games. But open to feedback.

Mid: Merrett, Gaff, Taranto, Sloane, Taranto, Rowell, Hately, Phillips, Powell (170/170)

Fwd: , Dunkley, Greene, Phillips, Dow, Henry, Campbell (170/170) (Utility- 170k)

Picking Taranto twice is an interesting strategy !!!! :p

Mid: Merrett, Gaff, Taranto, Sloane, Rowell, Hately, Phillips, Powell (170/170)

Interesting. No Whitfield or Lloyd.

Really like the Day pick. I've flagged either him or Greaves (or both to an extent) to see a rise with no Sicily

My side, FWIW....

B: Whitfield, McDonald, Williams, McPherson, L Young, Rookie: R, R
M: Neale, Gaff, Taranto, Walsh, Rowell, Phillips, Powell, Rooke: R, R
R: ROB, Big O: R, R
F: Dangerfield, Marshall, Riccardi, Tilthorpe, Macrae, Atu: R, R
Utility: DPP Rookie

My side, FWIW....

B: Whitfield, McDonald, Williams, McPherson, L Young, Rookie: R, R
M: Neale, Gaff, Taranto, Walsh, Rowell, Phillips, Powell, Rooke: R, R
R: ROB, Big O: R, R
F: Dangerfield, Marshall, Riccardi, Tilthorpe, Macrae, Atu: R, R
Utility: DPP Rookie
Really like that midfield. You've got Neale/Gaff who are safe as houses and rarely get injured. Then you've got the 3 big young guns of the comp who should all improve this year. Like I said above, I'm not sure both Powell and Phillips get named in round 1.

Big O over Preuss, probably the safer choice of the two although more costly

Interesting forward line. I read on the crows board last week that they don't think Thilthorpe starts due to coming back from some soft tissues injuries? Might want to check on that. You see Riccardi stepping up with no Jezza?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back